Defensive Carry banner

Supertuck Combat Cut

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  pathfinder1 
#1 ·
Thanks for the great response to the Supertuck Break in Period post. I made some of the adjustments and chose different pants and I already see/feel a difference.

New question:
You can order the Supertuck with the "combat cut" which removes the leather around the grip of your gun. I find it actually difficult to get a good grip on the gun (the Glock 27 is only 2 finger hold anyway) with that leather there (I do NOT have the combat cut).

I know the guys at Crossbread will fix this (or frankly I could cut it myself), but they also say you can give up some comfort losing that leather.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

#10 ·
Where exactly is the combat cut taking material off? I don't want something that will leave the thumb safety and hammer gouging at me. Or does it just give a lower cut behind the handle for better access? There's no pics on the Crossbreed site to show the 2 side by side. I just ordered one today, and I'm wondering if I shoud call in and add the combat cut.

#12 ·
I've got the un-combat cut version. I prefer the additional comfort and additonal coverage of the gun. I can't see the combat cut being that much of a tactical advatage. Even if the leather is cut away, you likely have a cotton shirt or skin. For me the leather provides a better sliding surface for draw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.