Crossbreed Qwikclip issue...

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Qwikclip issue... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Qwikclip for my Glock 23 a couple months ago and love it. Except for one small thing, the bottom edge of ...

I picked up a Qwikclip for my Glock 23 a couple months ago and love it. Except for one small thing, the bottom edge of the leather curls out when I wear it. I've tried to flatten it out by sandwiching it between 2 pieces of wood overnight and can't really figure out what else to do. The main problem is when I wear my work shorts and the lip pushes out at my front pocket. It doesn't affect the concealability that much but is more annoying than anything. Any ideas?
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
    I picked up a Qwikclip for my Glock 23 a couple months ago and love it. Except for one small thing, the bottom edge of the leather curls out when I wear it. I've tried to flatten it out by sandwiching it between 2 pieces of wood overnight and can't really figure out what else to do. The main problem is when I wear my work shorts and the lip pushes out at my front pocket. It doesn't affect the concealability that much but is more annoying than anything. Any ideas?
    If it bugs you, trim it

Use an x-acto or other similar razor-knife
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I'd trim it or maybe there is a leather conditioner/softner that you can use just for that area of the holster? How is the stability of the QuikClip BTW? I'm thinking of picking one up for my G33 and a MiniClip for my PM9. My other choice is a FIST K4 which looks thinner but I don't have any cant.

contact crossbreed and ask, they'll definately take care of you, but I don't know what happens to that policy if you trim the holster.

My has broken-in and has a permanent bend/curl to it...but it is at the top and is the shape of my abdomen. But you said yours was on the bottom so I don't know...

The stability is ok for appendix carry. I wear my cell phone holster on the same side so occasionally they fight for the same spot on the belt if the belt loops aren't in the right spots. The grip is great, I had to heat up the area near the trigger guard and tighten it up to get a little better retention. I'll put in a call to Crossbreed today to see what they recommend.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Quote Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
    The stability is ok for appendix carry. I wear my cell phone holster on the same side so occasionally they fight for the same spot on the belt if the belt loops aren't in the right spots. The grip is great, I had to heat up the area near the trigger guard and tighten it up to get a little better retention. I'll put in a call to Crossbreed today to see what they recommend.
    Any follow-up from CB yet? Mine is doing the same thing so I'm curious to what fix they offer.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcbr View Post
    Any follow-up from CB yet? Mine is doing the same thing so I'm curious to what fix they offer.
    CB was the first to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    contact crossbreed and ask, they'll definately take care of you, but I don't know what happens to that policy if you trim the holster.

My has broken-in and has a permanent bend/curl to it...but it is at the top and is the shape of my abdomen. But you said yours was on the bottom so I don't know...
    See post #2. That is Crossbreed

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    I've got a Qwikclip for my XD9sc and love it. I've never had any issues with it and often have it on for 18 hours at a time.

If Mark says to just trim it off it is bothering you, then I'd just trim it off.

It could be the result of how you are wearing it.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post

look at post from mtcraigco,He is the owner of Crossbreed holsters
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    look at post from mtcraigco,He is the owner of Crossbreed holsters
    Is there an echo in here?

I have two Qwik Clip holsters and they both have curled. I set them up for cross draw. They are "S" shaped. They curl in towards my body at the bottom and away from me at the top. They are just molding themselves to my body. The bottom of the clip sticks out and is very noticeable to me. It, at least for me, would be better if the long portion of the clip was curved. I might someday bend it but it works fine for me as is.

Links