whats best

whats best

This is a discussion on whats best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a kimber compact cdp. what is the best holster for concealed carry of this model...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats best

whats best

i have a kimber compact cdp. what is the best holster for concealed carry of this model

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    the best is what fits you the best. i would recoment a custom holster that way you get whta ya want the first time.
    We have many pro holster makers on here you can talk to.

I just recieved my Custom holster for my Colt commander from Kevin at K&D holsters http://www.kdholsters.com/. He does great work at very reasonable prices.
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=8038

1952 - 2006
    I carry my Kimber CDP Compact in an Andrews Leather Hybrid Saddle holster on a daily basis. I absolutely love this holster.

If I have to carry IWB during summer, I carry my Andrews Leather McDaniel II IWB.

There are many other great holsters out there for your Kimber, these are just my choices.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    Kind of what Bruce said....... Folks don't like to answer that since a holster is a very individual thing, people being comfortable with different types....... And, most of us have the draw full of holsters to prove it!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I agree with the others, your best holster is what fits you the best, and most of us have been through many. I choose the Brommeland Max Con V after many try outs with other custom leathermakers,which are just as well made Gary Brommeland won out for me. They are all quality holsters and have function built in. Work of art! Each one of them! Good Luck
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    When you read these threads where the poster is really happy with thier holster and can say how comfertable and well made and the service that the holster makers provides them. Well IMO you can't go wrong with trying one of those out.

I am fond of the Milt Sparks Versa Max II and I also like the thin Fist Holster model #19.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Howdy!

Each mode of carry offers pros and cons - just like anything else. However, if you talk to guys who really know their stuff, they will all immediately rule out any carry position other than "strong side" for general defensive carry.
    Once that is settled, it becomes a choice of IWB (inside waist band) or OWB (outside waist band). If you have a lower back injury, IWB can be somewhat less than comfortable. If not, then it is probably (for most folks - certainly not everyone) the best overall method. It gives you a higher level of concealment and a wider range of clothing options. It does take a bit of getting used to, but once you are accustomed to the weight and bulk of having a block of steel in your shorts, you will not even notice it PROVIDING that you have chosen a quality holster AND belt. I will of course recommend my own Max-Con V as my personal first choice, but the Sparks Watch 6 and VM II are both good holsters, as is the Alessi PCH. Matt DelFatti and Josh Bulman both also have excellent (and well deserved) reputations . I also saw one of Eric Larsens Com 3's recently, and it was a very respectable holster as well.
    Personally, for any IWB application other than a 5" 1911, I strongly prefer a holster with a closed muzzle - it tends to eliminate "muzzle poke" often experienced with a shorter firearm, and stabilizes the firearm more effectively. If I could not have a Max-Con V , the PCH would be my personal choice of holster.
    I don't know if this has helped or not, but (hopefully) it will save you from aquiring the proverbial "holster graveyard" that most new guys inevitably end up having in a box shoved in the back of a closet. Good luck!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    I will echo Gary's post almost exactly. Its not what you get or from whom you get it...there are a quite a few top quality makers out there. Its getting a style that you can wear comfortably with your life n environment you are in. Always get a good belt, this can make or break carrying a gun...even when its IWB carry.

Id highly recommend a wide spread dual loop design IWB for that style of carrry...ie, MaxCon from Gary, Watch 6 from Sparks and so on. For OWB carry...Id look at pancakes. Get one with a Hi Back/Body Shield on it and one that rides where you want it and has the cant you can work with. Most makers can accomidate your needs in cant and rd ht so you get what will work for you.......

Hope this helps............Thanks for the kind words Mr. Brommeland :D

Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

VIP Member
    I recommend one of Eric's COM 3 holsters myself. They are similar to the Sparks Watch 6 and Brommeland Max-Con V.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Whats best for you probley wont be best for me i like a IWB

Check out KDholsters

Or Gary brommelands holsters and eric larsens Holsters also

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    "Whats best for you probley wont be best for me, i like a IWB!"

Words to live by for CCW in general....let alone for gun leather.

Take your time in choosing/looking at gun leather, think about you! and your situation and everything else n then think some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'll go back to my corner and play with my shiny thing.....

Shoot well..................
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    As a general rule it's about the seventh or eighth holster you buy...no matter what maker you start with that works the best.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Chances are that even after you get a really nice holster, you will try a different holster from another maker. With a nice holster from these guys you just want to own some from the different makers.

Another vote for Gary Brommeland's Max Con V. I have three and they have been a delightful, marked improvement from any other holster I've tried. I can wear them all day long with no discomfort. See - www.brommelandgunleather.com .
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links