Tucker Silent Thunder for my PM9

This is a discussion on Tucker Silent Thunder for my PM9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, a crap ton of pics of my holster and carry position... Tucker Slient Thunder tuckable IWB for my Kahr PM9 Here you can see ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker Silent Thunder for my PM9

Okay, a crap ton of pics of my holster and carry position... Tucker Slient Thunder tuckable IWB for my Kahr PM9

Here you can see the adjustable retention system and how the tuckable J-hook is designed...

The J-hook rotates, here I have it at the maximum forward cant.

Tucked with a polo I'd generally wear with jeans... just happened to have these cargo shorts on.

A closer view that I missed the focus on a little bit.

The only thing I don't care for is that the J-hook sticks out a good bit under my belt and prints badly when wearing an untucked t-shirt...
    It doesn't look much different than what a cell phone might look like, but it's pretty annoying.

I'm going to order another J-hook and try to modify it by trimming it back some so it doesn't stick out so far.
    Hope this was interesting enough to sort through... don't see to many people posting this holster, but so far I like it a lot.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    That's a very nice tuckable. I carry my PM9 in the same position and am in the market for a single clip tuckable IWB as well. The main one I've been looking at is a FIST K4A (cantable K4) with ultrasuede, a body protector and velcro clip. I have a K5 pocket holster with the ultrasuede and it helps with retention in my pocket and FIST says it will help with any possible cracking of the kydex down the road. It doesn't add much at all to the thickness.

Do they make a velcro clip for the Silent Thunder? That may help you out. How thin is the kydex and is it uncomfortable against your skin? I usually wear a wife beater anyway but tend to sweat a lot here in Florida. Maybe some moleskin on the back would be good?

So far the lack of a backing hasn't bothered me, and I'm in this aweful FL heat too...
    I also thought about some moleskin for backing, but hadn't botherd with it yet.

The holster has height adjustment by way of the different mounting points, and I've got it set to the higher set which puts the holster lower in my pants.

Tucker does sell a variety of clips, like most other sellers of kydex holsters.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    very nice. No one will ever notice the j-clip.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

He's right it is unnoticeable by 99% of the people other than you. I have looked at those myself but they are even more appealing seeing "actual" pictures, and someone using it. Nice rig.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member
    Nice holster, I love my Champion. After you carry this weekend let us how comfortable it is.

Thanks folks, and will do Rick :)

Take a heat gun (on low) or a hair blower (on high) and run it over the J hook for about 15-30 seconds (until Kydex gets slightly pliable) and just bend the hook in slightly, starting at the bottom of the J. That will close the gap and bring the top of the hook closer to your body.

Kydex is extremely easy to work with.

So, after wearing the holster over the weekend in a variety of situations, I've decided I'm happy with my choice in this holster.

Friday I was home most of the day, but in the afternoon and then most of the day on Saturday I helped my wife move some stuff from her old office building to a new one... these two days I wore the holster with only shorts and an untucked t-shirt, with no undershirt.

On Friday I didn't mind the kydex of the holster against my skin. Even after working all day on Saturday, the only time I noticed it was when I got in the car to come home the holster and grip of the PM9 stuck to me a little. I'm considering some moleskin for the holster and a wrap for the grip, but will give it some more time before making a purchase.

Sunday I wore the combo to church with dress slacks and a tucked dress shirt... worked like a charm.
    There was a little printing where the nose of the gun and holster rested against my arse, but the blowsing of my shirt kept the grip well hidden, and I'm sure nobody noticed the j-hook.

There were also a sampling of other activities including trips to the mandatory Walmart and the outlet mall without so much as a peep from anyone except my wife.

I haven't yet attempted to modify the j-hook, but will give it a shot sometime.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the follow up.

Tucker makes a slim line belt hook for the Silent Thunder.
    <i> Belt Clips for IWB's</i>

Good review.

I just ordered a tuckable for my PM9 from Aholsters. I hope it works as well as yours.
    Dave

It conceals nicely, if it's comfortable...then you've found a good holster for YOU!
    I wouldn't mess with the J-Hook or you may find yourself with both gun and holster in hand when you really only needed the gun.
    (Just tuck your car keys next to the clip...it will disappear.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice looking rig
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Thanks for the additional comments :)

Ret, placing additional items on my beltline isn't really my style.

Rest assured, I'll do extensive testing with anything I do to the clip to ensure a proper draw.
    I'll probably order some additional clips from the link the Chief posted and keep something unmodified.

Thanks again :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links