Couple of pics of my new TT Holsters CZ 75b and Walther PPS - Page 2

Couple of pics of my new TT Holsters CZ 75b and Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Couple of pics of my new TT Holsters CZ 75b and Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Siafu ...On a side note I drove past Alessi holster today on the way to the rnage and the place is 100% ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple of pics of my new TT Holsters CZ 75b and Walther PPS

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    ...On a side note I drove past Alessi holster today on the way to the rnage and the place is 100% vacant with a "for rent" sign in the window. I thought the daughter and some employees were going to keep the business open. maybe they moved to a different location. Lou made some fantastic holsters. I wanted one of his shoulder rigs but he passed away before I could get one.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to mention that the Alessi holster company did move to a new location in Cheektowaga, NY, with Lou's daughter running it.

Here's a link to the new website, which appears to be a work in progress:

Alessi Gun Holsters

They're in the process of setting up the shop and have stated that they will honor all of Lou's backorders, though no time frame has been given that I know of.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Yea, I think Tim is moving up to the top spot of makers. Not only awesome work, but he will practically make anything, anyway you want.
    I don't know where he gets time to, but he answers any questions, email, and phone calls quickly and at all hours.
    Also he extends that discount to Fire/EMS as well.
    Great guy for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Wow.

Nice looking Sparks Axiom, I mean Del Fatti LPS, I mean VM-II
    To be compared or even confused with those 2 amazing holster makers is truly a compliment, I can only endeavor to be such a fine artist, and I mean that sincerely. Since holsters are designed with a single purpose their degree of originality can only vary to a certain extent. It's similar to designing a shoe - feet all come in different lengths and widths but generally the same shape and the design can't really vary too drastically or it simply won't fit or function correctly. My designs are all patterned on paper with a pencil, a ruler and gun molds and simply my own design experience. I do not use any other makers holsters or designs when making my own. The fact that I come to similar designs is from my experience with conceal carry, leather and simply knowing what will work and what won't. I make what the consumer wants, if I didn't there would be no purpose for being in business. I do regret that you feel my work lacks any originality.

Tim's work does look great in the photos.

I hope this does not offend anyone, and if it does please accept my apology.

I often see work praised, and holsters that look pretty good on the forums, when I have personally seen the work and know it is not up to the standards that I would purchase.
    I have to conclude that the buyers do not know what a real quality holster is.
    However, the buyer is the final arbiter and if he is pleased it is a good holster for him.

But when I buy or recommend a holster maker I would like to know how his work compares with the top rung makers like Sparks.

So my question is, does anyone have or has seen Tim's work and can compare with Sparks or others?
    I do not want to start a flame war as to quality, but if the OP has other holsters how does Tim's work compare?

Please do not comment on the design, etc.
    I have never seen the work of Tim or John Ralston, and depend upon the reviews to help me determine whether I want to order from someone when I need?? a new holster.

Mods feel free to delete this if it is not appropriate. (I know you would anyway.)

Thanks, and have a good day.
    Jerry

I have VMII for 1911 5", Two for my Glock 23 and 26, one for an XD45 compact.
    I also have an IWB and OWB snap on from Tim, and his quality, leather, dying and stitching are right there with Sparks quality.

The thing with Tim is he will customize and make you pretty much what ever you would like as well. The quality is right there, I were the OWB around my property and do not baby it by any means and it is rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Tim's work does look great in the photos.
    I often see work praised, and holsters that look pretty good on the forums, when I have personally seen the work and know it is not up to the standards that I would purchase.
    I have to conclude that the buyers do not know what a real quality holster is.
    Jerry
    In this case I can assure you that your conclusion is 100% wrong.
    Here are a few pictures of some of my other holsters, some I still have others have moved on. All are top quality as are Tim's.
    Regards, Mike

In order, Sparks, Bulman, Del Fatti, Alessi, Bulman, Del Fatti, Bulman, Del Fatti, Sparks, Brommeland, and my first TT.

I am sure I could find a half dozen more, but these should make my point.

I think this qualifies me as knowing the difference between Quality and not?
    Last edited by Jackawala; June 30th, 2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: My picture order is scewed up?

Hi Mike,

Please note that I was not making any conclusion as to your knowlege or Tim's work. I siimply wanted an assessment of his work by someone who had seen good work, and compared his work with top rung holsters. I had no idea as to your knowledge in that area.

Sorry you took it wrong. Please accept my apology for offending you.

I do appreciate the assessments by you and NYcarry. It helpful to get opinions by those who do know a top level holster, but not much help to someone who has never owned or seen one.
    Someone who had never owned other than an UM does not know what he is saying when he gets a 2nd rate leather holster and says it is the greatest made. It is the greatest he has seen, but his opinion is not worth much if you are looking for something like a Sparks or Del Fatti.

I can use myself as an example. Some years ago before I had any top holsters, there was a maker who received raves by some who had bought his holsters. They looked great on the site, and I bought OWB and IWB plus mag carriers from him.
    I also bragged on his work. Then I bought a Sparks holster. Subsequently, I bought holsters from other top drawer makers.

The original ones I had bought and bragged on were actually rather soft, not hard molded, wouldn't hold the gun tight enough, or stay open so that I could reholster with one hand. I ended up giving them away.
    I simply did not know what a good holster was, and when I did know I realized how 2nd rate his work was. I won't name the maker.

Even now, on another forum there are raves about a maker who I bought a product from and found it about 4th tier.

So that is the reason for my question. Since you do know a good holster I accept your assessment, but how would one know if you had not said?
    Tim's work always looked good in posted photos, but it is not always easy to tell unless you can hold and examine the product. I am pleased that it is 1st class.

I sometimes help teach a CHL class, and concentrate on holsters, belts, etc and methods of carry. I like to keep up with lead times, prices, quality, and customer service by various makers so that I can help those who are interested in obtaining good gear.

So that is the reason for my question. Again, I apologize for my not making it clear what I was looking for.

Again I say that the owner is the best and final arbiter as to what pleases him.

Regards,
    Jerry

Jerry,
    No Problemo. No offense taken, what we write is not always what others read.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jackawala View Post
    Jerry,
    No Problemo. No offense taken, what we write is not always what others read.
    Mike
    Thanks.
    Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links