Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed?

This is a discussion on Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Out of curiosity I did some checking. Here is a post from another board concerning Bluegrass. 06-17-2009 "The BBB has made several attempts to resolve ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed?

VIP Member
    Out of curiosity I did some checking. Here is a post from another board concerning Bluegrass.
    06-17-2009
    "The BBB has made several attempts to resolve your complaint filed against the above-named business. Unfortunately we have not received a reply from this business."

Well, atleast its not just me. BUYER BEWARE!
    I don't post links to other boards on DC, but if you want to know where this came from send me a PM and I will provide a link to the source.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Each time I read a thread like this one, I am thankful that I do business with Milt Sparks. There I know what to expect in terms of delivery time, and my card is not charged until the order is shipped. I appreciate that approach; in fact, I'll be placing an order with them tomorrow.

What gets businesses like Bluegrass into trouble is taking payment before finishing (or even beginning!) the order. Ultimately, this will be "the bear that eats him up"!

Threads like this should not even exist--if a business owner can't do any better than what I've read here, he should simply shut down.

glad I saw this thread, won't even consider this holster maker in the future. As others have said, there is a contract...all requirements for a contract have been formed and this sort of transaction does not fall under the Statute of Frauds, therefore does not need to be in writing to be enforceable. I even wonder, if since this a custom product, if specific performance can be demanded...but I doubt it since there are many other custom holster makers. Although if you have been waiting several months under the assumption of getting one soon, that might be a factor.

In regards to option two, I'm not sure and don't have time or really care to look this up...but I don't know that the terms can be altered since there will be no further consideration paid.

Either way it is apparent communication is lacking here. If there are health issues, then okay...but I believe all people understand that to an extent and most people know when it begins to get ridiculous.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Administrator
    Forum members should know that they are "good to go" ordering holsters from our DC forum sponsor holster makers.
    Also folks like UBG & Desbiens & others.

With Matt Del Fatti & Tony K. of Milt Sparks you (of course) will "Do The Wait" simply because they are Uber-In-Demand holster makers - you'll wait your turn in line (once you finally get the chance to wait in their respective lines) but, you'll never have to worry.
    Waiting for something that you know in advance will be beyond your expectations is not that bad. Good things come to those who wait for a Matt or a Milt.

Another maker that you'll never have to fret about is Bruce Gibson of Gibson GunLeather.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
    Qk...

Amazing that the folks that had orders shipped overnight, expedited orders when the original seemed to have been lost in transit, the various upgrades given when I stated a time frame only to choose to remake a holster because I didn't like the fit...knowing I cost myself with my own standards....funny how nothing like this ever makes into these kinds of threads.
    I've never seen ONE post saying your quality isn't top notch, quite the opposite in fact.

You're a CUSTOM holster maker, which means that each holster is different and "custom" to the payers weapon specs and what they want. By telling the paying customer that they'll get something different or nothing at all (even if you are "upgrading" them, it's not what they ordered), you're doing VERY wrong by the customer IMO. This is not how you get repeat business.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Guys, I do not know the man, never been to his website, never purchased one of his holsters. The only thing I have in common with him is I have been in the same boat. I do custom work on WW2 snipers. I had 14 rifles in my workshop when my brother came down with cancer. He died about 2 years later. In that time I had to keep his yard and house up. Then I developed Diverticulitis. I spent over 3 weeks in the hospital. And came out weak as a baby. For about 3 more months, I caught EVERYTHING that came along. I got out in Oct. It was Jan before I felt like doing anything other than sleeping. I had some guy’s rifles over a year. It was another year before I finally caught up.

Sometimes you can do too good a job, and be too popular. Believe me I know. I did not want to be behind, but things do happen.

Bluegrass, I do KNOW how you feel.

Best Wishes......
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Okay, I want to say that I have never dealt with this man, I've never talked to him, never even visited his website...so I can say without a doubt that I am impartial...

But something isn't right here.

I don't blame the man for getting sick. Sh..uh, stuff happens. But the way the situation is being handled is totally unethical on the seller's part. When a customer buys a CUSTOM (should easily see "personalized" in the word) they should NOT receive something different and from the sound of things of lesser quality than what they ordered, paid for in full, and waited patiently to receive for so long...

Fact of the matter is, the customers are not responsible for you getting sick and should NOT have to suffer for it.

I understand the delays. It's irritating yes, but crap happens. But seriously, a custom holster is a very personalized thing in many cases, something that a buyer probably did much research and thinking on before buying. If they wanted a non-dyed something or other they probably wouldn't have ordered a custom holster in the first place.

This probably won't be what he will do, but it damn sure would be what I would do in this situation...

Here come the options...

1. Full refund, no questions asked. While my butt was off being sick some of you probably went off and bought different holsters or put my picture up on a wall and threw knives at it because I wasn't answering your attempts to contact me. Fair enough. I'd damn sure apologize too.

2. Your holster will be made, as you ordered it. I'd stop all new orders and work my tail off until I got it done. I'd more than likely even give you a partial refund for making you wait so long. But I'd make for sure you got what you ordered.

And if I ever felt like the issue would come up again, I'd do monthly quotas...much like Milt Sparks does...and I'd for sure contact you with the details of the situation and the option for a refund instead of a wait if I ended up getting sick...

Anyway, that's what I would do, but I believe in doing people right.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    Guys, I do not know the man, never been to his website, never purchased one of his holsters. The only thing I have in common with him is I have been in the same boat. I do custom work on WW2 snipers. I had 14 rifles in my workshop when my brother came down with cancer. He died about 2 years later. In that time I had to keep his yard and house up. Then I developed Diverticulitis. I spent over 3 weeks in the hospital. And came out weak as a baby. For about 3 more months, I caught EVERYTHING that came along. I got out in Oct. It was Jan before I felt like doing anything other than sleeping. I had some guy’s rifles over a year. It was another year before I finally caught up.

Sometimes you can do too good a job, and be too popular. Believe me I know. I did not want to be behind, but things do happen.

Bluegrass, I do KNOW how you feel.

Best Wishes......
    1) Had your customers already paid you? 2) Did you attempt to let them know of your problems? 3) Did you give them ultimatums listing options none of which was what you agreed to do? If you are like most business people you answered "yes" to 1 and 2 and "no" to 3. Read back through the thread and see what this holster maker answered.

I read a post on another forum that indicated this holster maker told him that a hurricane cased him a big delay. He is in Kentucky. I don't remember any hurricanes in Kentucky in the last year or so.

When you treat people in the way you would like to be treated they respond favorably. When you treat them like they are unimportant you get in trouble.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

UPDATE:

Well, just got home a little while ago and checked my emails and low and behold, there are 2 emails regarding my holster order from Bluegrass. The first was a generic email saying my payment has been refunded. (I just checked online and my bank hasn't actually shown this yet - may need another day to update the info.) The second was an email from Brock that read; "Since I have not been able to please you regarding your order I have cancelled the order and refunded your money."

Hmm, I really hadn't made a final decision - guess he felt it was "right" to decide for me. I certainly had not responded to Brock in any way other than here in this thread. He must have figured out who I was based on my user profile and the info. given here. I guess we all finally have an answer as to whether Brock would do the "right" thing, or just the "easy" thing. I'm really thinking he acted so quickly just to shut me up. With all the views this thread has, I am certain there are more folks than he would like that now know how he really conducts business.

I want to thank everyone here for their support in this thread and through PM's. As this was the first time I had ever ordered a custom holster, I really wasn't sure what to think of my situation. Before posting, I actually wondered if my experience was the "norm". This really is a fantastic community for those of us who carry.

=======

On a happier note, I contacted Desbiens Gunleather this morning based on a PM referral from slimjim. Rhome replied within a few hours, and then replied again to answer my questions. I just confirmed my order for a Tactical IWB #2 and his estimated time to complete my holster is approx. 2 weeks. Hell, at this point it could take 2 months and I couldn't be happier. Frankly, I am amazed and am very eager to get my new holster.

Certainly a breath of fresh air compared to what I've been through.

Oh, one more thing.

FWIW - I did a little more digging into the public records dept. of Kentucky. A quick search of Bluegrass Holsters brings up the organizer as a "Donna Semich" not Brock Morgan.

There are also 2 other businesses "Orion Enterprises" and "Personal Protection Acadamy" which along with Bluegrass Holsters are organized under "Donna Semich"

Address listed is 12123 SHELBYVILLE RD. #100-282 LOUISVILLE, KY 40243
    (All of this is free public info. easily found.)

4 pages in two days

Wow, 4 pages of post on this topic in less than 2 full days.

I ordered a holster from Bluegrass on Dec 18, 08 and paid for it sometime in Feb of 09. Like many of you, I and a couple friends of mine over on GeorgiaPacking, have not been happy with the lack of delivery of our holsters. I received the mass email yesterday and a friend of mine who has two on order didn't receive it, go figure.

I totally understand Mr Morgan being ill and not able to live up to his obligations, so with that said he should have cut off orders as soon as he relized that he was so backlogged that it might be never before he caught up. I consider his attempt to create his hybrid line a direct link to the reason his custom line has suffered. There are already enough manafactures making the same basic style hybrid holster that he has developed and apparently has employees building. He should have hired these employees to answer his email and calls and help build the custom holsters that he already had received payment for. If I wanted a hybrid holster I would have ordered it from one of the proven manufactures.

I want a custom holster to add to my collection that is made by Bluegrass Holsters in their Mason-Dixon style in a simple black cowhide with none of the fancy shark-skin or horsehide that some folks want, so it shouldn't take too much longer???????????????? to make my holster, at least I hope so.

I chose option 2 from my mass email and will give Brock a couple more weeks to deliver before I continue to report about the quality of the work he does or I go with MY option 2 and tell everyone on all the gun forums I visit that the LoneOak recommends you should think heavily before deciding to do business with Bluegrass Holsters.

PS, a note to Brock. I really wish and hope that I can make a good report about Bluegrass Holsters in the next couple weeks.
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member & Volunteer
    GeorgiaPacking.org Forum Poster

Carry Safe, Carry Smart, Carry Secure

I had a similar situation. I canceled my order and my CC company refunded my money in January.
    Fast forward to two weeks ago
    I fell in love with the MD hybrid. I took a chance and ordered one. I got the holster Friday. Fine piece of work.
    "The second worst thing in the world is killing a person....The absolute worst thing is having to and not having the means to do it."

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Brock may in fact have been sick some, however, he has been playing the excuses game for over a year. Here are posts from May 2008 when I and another had attempted to contact Brock and find out what was going on. We were unable to get a reply from him and felt it necessary to go public. See posts 205 through 209

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...tml#post722671

I have no confidence in his integrity. If he were sick or had other problems why did he not communicate with us, and we would have understood.
    His actions then and now make me think that he has a bunch of canned excuses to use when it suits his purpose.

But when all is said and done he,
    1. Does not deliver
    2. Does not communicate
    3.Demonstrates a total disregard for his customer, and his own integrity.

Why anyone would deal with him is beyond me, especially when makers like Milt Sparks and others do as they promise, and do show that they care about the customer.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by LoneOak View Post
    I chose option 2 from my mass email and will give Brock a couple more weeks to deliver before I continue to report about the quality of the work he does or I go with MY option 2 and tell everyone on all the gun forums I visit that the LoneOak recommends you should think heavily before deciding to do business with Bluegrass Holsters.

PS, a note to Brock. I really wish and hope that I can make a good report about Bluegrass Holsters in the next couple weeks.
    I wish you all the best of luck here. Again, Brock won't admit if he has dozens or hundreds of folks in the same situation. Since he won't give any definitive answer on time frame, he could take 3 more weeks, 3 more months or longer.... If you agreed to his terms, he has it in writing that you get your holster when HE feels like getting it to you. Totally unprofessional, and unacceptable.

Heck, at least you got to decide your option - Brock made my choice for me.

I truly hope that you get your holster, but based on the attitude he showed here and the arrogance of his letter he doesn't deserve my business or anyone else's for that matter.

I'm glad I seen this thread...!
    My Bro and I had both decided to order Bluegrass Hybrids TODAY!!!

Reckon we'll be going with Supertucks...

I refuse to do business with someone who is so full of excuses.

Thanks for posting.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links