Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed? - Page 4

Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed?

This is a discussion on Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 on option 1. Even if you do eventually get your holster, do you really want to support the business of someone who treats customers ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bluegrass holsters - how would you proceed?

+1 on option 1. Even if you do eventually get your holster, do you really want to support the business of someone who treats customers this way? I understand he may be a great guy and may mean well, but that's not the point. The point is once someone has your hard earned money, you have the right to inquire as to the status of the order without feeling like you are bothering them. You also have the right to receive the product sometime this decade! I'd cancel and support someone else's business.

- just saw your post that he decided for you. Good for you, you have your money and at least a few dozen people on this thread know what to expect if they order from him.

Now I haven't had the same exp with Brock as alot of you have. I did get my order very quickly & have nothing but a positive exp with him. It does look like he is giving everyone a couple different options on how to proceed. If you don't wanna wait. Get your refund. If you don't want the shark upgrade. Take the refund. If your overall unhappy with the service you've recieved. Get your refund. If you don't mind waiting & aren't in any hurry the wait on your holster.
    If you don't have a holster at all on order or a dog in this fight then shut the hell up & quit bashing the man. Atleast he's giving folks a way out unlike Rafters gunleather.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    Now I haven't had the same exp with Brock as alot of you have. I did get my order very quickly & have nothing but a positive exp with him. It does look like he is giving everyone a couple different options on how to proceed. If you don't wanna wait. Get your refund. If you don't want the shark upgrade. Take the refund. If your overall unhappy with the service you've recieved. Get your refund. If you don't mind waiting & aren't in any hurry the wait on your holster.
    If you don't have a holster at all on order or a dog in this fight then shut the hell up & quit bashing the man. Atleast he's giving folks a way out unlike Rafters gunleather.
    Hi Eyebedam,

What holster did you order and when?
    His hybrid holster seems to be readily available.
    Glad you got yours, but you are obviously the great exception.

This forum is an important place to learn about businesses that we deal with. It is obvious from the experiences, including mine, that Brock is an unethical business man.
    Accordingly it is important that we, potential customers, know that fact.

Maybe he is not as bad as RafterS, but I am not sure from my experiences with him, but even if he is not he is plenty bad. If one is not as bad as another but is still bad that is worth knowing.

So Brock's actions have clearly demonstrated that he deserves bashing, and so while it may be about to run out, it is justified, and will keep up as long as anyone wants to or the mods close the thread.

If one wants a holster it is much better to order a Sparks and wait 5 months than to order from Brock and wait longer and maybe not get it at all. The quality will not be equal to a Sparks holster. I know since I have both.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Regards,
    Jerry

I got a hybrid about 6 weeks ago withen about 5 buisness days. I got a custom rig before then. I totally understand those that have orders with hims frustrations. My only thing is once someone gets on a maker then others alot of times that don't even have a standing order with the guy jumps on the bandwagon. Atleast he gave an option out to folks. I was scammed by RafterS so I totally understand why folks would be upset.

My only thing is once someone gets on a maker then others alot of times that don't even have a standing order with the guy jumps on the bandwagon.
    Well - one of the purposes of even creating a post like this is to presumably keep others from making the same mistake or getting into the same situation. As such, I certainly don't think someone is required to actually walk into the quicksand to see that it's a bad idea to do so, figuratively speaking of course.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Now I haven't had the same exp with Brock as alot of you have. I did get my order very quickly & have nothing but a positive exp with him. It does look like he is giving everyone a couple different options on how to proceed. If you don't wanna wait. Get your refund. If you don't want the shark upgrade. Take the refund. If your overall unhappy with the service you've received. Get your refund. If you don't mind waiting & aren't in any hurry the wait on your holster.
    If you don't have a holster at all on order or a dog in this fight then shut the hell up & quit bashing the man. At least he's giving folks a way out unlike Rafters gunleather.
    I only have good things to say about Bluegrass Holsters myself, however, I have only ordered twice.

I ordered a Bluegrass Hybrid "Mason Dixon EC" for my 1911 and it came within the 14 days he stated as goal for delivery. I also ordered a black leather gun belt from Brock and got it within the 30 days he states is goal for delivery.

Also, I had no problem contacting Brock by phone or email. I spoke with him once for over two hours about his operation and products. I got email replies from him when I had questions and he never failed to reply to PM's I sent to him from another forum. The same forum that Eyebedam is a member of.

Matter of fact, almost 100% of the members of that forum, that have ordered from BGH, are 100% happy with BGH's service and product.

However, I will admit I have not ordered any custom holsters from him, only the belt was custom, and Brock explained to me why the belts take up to four weeks from manufacture to delivery.

I have to say that I will order from Brock again as I have no negative experience with him at all.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

get your money back and go to one of the many reputable FAST holster makers, FIST, HBE, UBG, Comptac, Crossbreed. I personally recommend HBE. My GF ordered me a Com III and a matching mag carrier on two different occasions, and had NEVER EVER bought anything like this and he helped her through the options and process like a pro and delivered in less than 2 weeks because it was a special occasion.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I truly feel sorry for craftsman who are trying to make a living making a "one at a time" product. The assembly line made them obsolete ages ago which is why we have Uncle Mike, Fobus, and their ilk.

I only buy holsters from craftsmen who toil in little shops using obsolete methods in order to churn out the finest holsters on the planet made right here in the USA. Hard times come upon them and set backs make a mockery of their good intentions.

It hurts to lose ninety bucks in a situation where they cannot deliver, but be sure that you are bearing a small loss compared to whatever has set them back.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I truly feel sorry for craftsman who are trying to make a living making a "one at a time" product. The assembly line made them obsolete ages ago which is why we have Uncle Mike, Fobus, and their ilk.

I only buy holsters from craftsmen who toil in little shops using obsolete methods in order to churn out the finest holsters on the planet made right here in the USA. Hard times come upon them and set backs make a mockery of their good intentions.

It hurts to lose ninety bucks in a situation where they cannot deliver, but be sure that you are bearing a small loss compared to whatever has set them back.
    In this case though, no one lost anything but time and respect. Choices were given, product would have been delivered even if later than purchaser wanted.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Administrator
    OK it appears that the issue concerning a full refund to SwollenGoat has been resolved.

If for any reason there are any further problems then he can feel free to open up a new forum thread.

It looks as though the thread has evolved into Criticize Brock - Praise Brock - Criticize Brock - Praise Brock...and that accomplishes nothing as it relates to the specific holster problem posted by the OP.

Thread is closed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links