Milt Sparks VM2 vs. Del Fatti ISP-LP

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks VM2 vs. Del Fatti ISP-LP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I've seen some mixed information on both of these holsters and I am trying to decide between the two of them. Can someone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milt Sparks VM2 vs. Del Fatti ISP-LP

Milt Sparks VM2 vs. Del Fatti ISP-LP

Hi guys, I've seen some mixed information on both of these holsters and I am trying to decide between the two of them. Can someone give me the pros/cons of both of them? I will be carrying a Kimber Pro CDP II (4" barrel) with it. Any advice on which to go for is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I have a VM-II for a Kimber HD-II Pro-Carry in .38 Super. This holster is superb. I have examined (worn) the Del Fatti ISP-LP and find it very similar to the Sparks. The workmanship is better on the USP and it balances better. If I had a choice I would take the Del Fatti. Be warned, the wait on Del Fatti holsters is in excess of 2 years.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I have a VM-II for a Kimber HD-II Pro-Carry in .38 Super. This holster is superb. I have examined (worn) the Del Fatti ISP-LP and find it very similar to the Sparks. The workmanship is better on the USP and it balances better. If I had a choice I would take the Del Fatti. Be warned, the wait on Del Fatti holsters is in excess of 2 years.
    Del Fatti is not taking orders. Unless you can find a used one it is not a viable choice. He is also working on orders from Feb 07.

If you are young and have the time you will never be sorry. I might add "if you don't need a holster for a long time." There is a reason for his long waiting list- pure quality.

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    Ditto: You are just not going to get your hands on a Del Fatti right at this present time.

You don't get it the way you might order it, but if you're impatient you might find one here: Lightning Arms Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalk View Post
    You don't get it the way you might order it, but if you're impatient you might find one here: Lightning Arms Sports
    Yah, that's exactly where I found one.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have both and they are the same design and both are great rigs. Matt's (DF) is much nicer in terms of the detailing, boning, etc but these are IWB rigs and as such no-one but you will be able to appreciate these details. In terms of retention, they are the same and both are excellent carry rigs. The Del Fatti will cost twice as much and to some it's worth it. I actually bought one brand new in the bag at an estate sale for approx $10 maybe $25 but not more so I literally stole it. Only you can decide what your really after as both will give you a lifetime of service.

Added: I stated that the Del Fatti was a nicer rig but that's a huge understatement and the reason that folks will wait years for one of Matt's holsters. If your after the absolute best made in terms of quality and materials then go with Matt's. In no way am I knocking the quality of the rigs coming out of Sparks but place them side by side and the attention to detail on the DF will just jump out at you!
    Last edited by torrejon224; July 1st, 2009 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    I have both and they are the same design and both are great rigs. Matt's (DF) is much nicer in terms of the detailing, boning, etc but these are IWB rigs and as such no-one but you will be able to appreciate these details. In terms of retention, they are the same and both are excellent carry rigs. The Del Fatti will cost twice as much and to some it's worth it. I actually bought one brand new in the bag at an estate sale for approx $10 maybe $25 but not more so I literally stole it. Only you can decide what your really after as both will give you a lifetime of service.
    I NEVER get deals like that....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I carry a gub'ment in a VM2 and love it, also carry a G17 in a VM2... I have never had a Del Fatti, but I have heard and as you see here people think they are great. My wait time has been right at 6 months for both VM2's. I did receive some other Sparks models faster. I don't think you can go wrong with either, I certainly like my Sparksesessesesesess

I have both and I don't think you will be disappointed with either of them. Both are excellent holsters and both the people at Spark's Holsters, and
    Matt Del Fatti are great people to deal with. In terms of detailing and boning I would have to give the edge to Del Fatti.
    NRA life member.

Both are excellant holster makers. You may have to wait, but you won't go wrong with either maker.
    Randy

I own multiple VM-2's and one DelFatti ISP-4 (I know, not the LP, but still a DelFatti IWB)... They are, IMO, equals in terms of utility and concealability (which is a huge endorsement for the Sparks rig)...

However, that said, DelFatti is simply in another league when it comes to the details... Details like the sight-track lining up EXACTLY equidistant from either side of the front sight... Like the edging, stitching, boning, finishing, all being PERFECTLY done... The retention being somehow magically perfect (no doubt a function of the aforementioned perfection in the boning)...

As others have said, you will definitely need to scour the boards and have your money ready to immediately pounce on a DelFatti IF you happen upon one (I've seen them go for north of $350, and quickly). Last I heard, Lightning Arms had no ETA on their next DelFatti shipment...

In my opinion, howver, this is an easy choice for the OP - Get the Sparks... At least you can order and have it in 6 months or so (or call Lightning... They stock Sparks also)... And you honestly will not regret it - VM-2 is a wonderful holster - One of my favorite IWB's I've ever tried...

Hope this helped a bit...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Thank you for the information! I did end up getting the Del Fatti ISP-LP from Lightning Arms. It should arrive Monday... needless to say, I can't wait!

Ahh, what I meant to say is that for my EDC (P7M8), Lightning had no ETA on the next DelFatti shipment...

Congrats on the purchase! You will be amazed at the quality.

BTW, what pistol is this for? *Nevermind - I re-read the first post - Kimber CDP*

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Recka81 View Post
    Thank you for the information! I did end up getting the Del Fatti ISP-LP from Lightning Arms. It should arrive Monday... needless to say, I can't wait!
    I'm sure you will be happy with the Del Fatti. Matt is one of the finest makers out there. Congratulations on finding one in stock with no long wait.
    NRA life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links