Cabela's Double Duty Belts

This is a discussion on Cabela's Double Duty Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the heads up. I wanted a gun belt, but not at that price....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cabela's Double Duty Belts

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted a gun belt, but not at that price.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I wanted a gun belt, but not at that price.
    Too much?
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to get one. My pants are 40's. What size belt should I order? I want to lose a couple of inches in the near future. Are there enough holes that I can just cinch it up tighter when I lose some weight?
    From the website:
    Item notes
    We recommend ordering a size 2 inches larger than your waist size for best fit.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    From the website:
    I saw that but when I read some of the reviews, some said that the belt was way larger than what they ordered. I get the 40 pants to make room for a gun. If no gun, I can wear 38's. If I start working out again, I can be even more comfortable in 38's. So I ordered a 38 and if I need to, I'll put it in the second to last hole for a while.

I just didn't want to order one that would be too large after I lost the weight. I was always thin before I started sitting behind a desk 10 years ago.

I have had mine about a month

It is really firm, carrys my snub nose with out any problems.
    As far as the reviews, I have noticed two things that I did see in the reviews.
    1. The gun thickness (approximently 1/4") makes it difficult or impossible to wear a cell phone clipped on or some kydex holsters. I have a fobus for my snubbie and I could get the belt started thru one belt slot but could not get it to thread thru the other slot due to the thickness, stiffness requiring the belt to flex in the span between the holster slots. I managed to fix the problem by heating the kydex holster and flexing the bar that belt threads thru out, and also taking a dremel tool and doing a little grinding. The holster isn't quite as clean looking now but it slides on the belt with just enough grip to stay put. It also requires a good deal of flexing on the reverse J clip of my High Noon holster to slip the holster off without unthreading the belt from the pants. When I tried it with a cheap std j clip holster the clip wasn't thick enough to reach under and around the edge of the belt to trap the outer edge of the belt. (sorry no pics, if someone needs to see what I mean let em know).

2. The finish on the belt is not as durable as I would like. In the course of working the belt thru the holster slot, and also I think from kind of having to force the belt to bend thru the buckle, some of the black has worn off. The belt shows white under the black finish. I think I can put some touch up shoe polish on it or get some leather dye but I would have thought the finish would be tougher.

The only other comment is that there are a few natural blemishes in the leather. These I'm sure come from the animal and are probably common in real leather but perhaps they could have done a little better job of selecting the leather.

All in all though I do like the belt, it looks good enough to be worn with a suit, in my opinion and it carrys the gun great.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    I saw that but when I read some of the reviews, some said that the belt was way larger than what they ordered. I get the 40 pants to make room for a gun. If no gun, I can wear 38's. If I start working out again, I can be even more comfortable in 38's. So I ordered a 38 and if I need to, I'll put it in the second to last hole for a while.

I just didn't want to order one that would be too large after I lost the weight. I was always thin before I started sitting behind a desk 10 years ago.
    I read those reviews too, but did not find it to be true. I wear 36 w/o gun, 38 with IWB, and needed at least the 40 belt. YMMV.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    I read those reviews too, but did not find it to be true. I wear 36 w/o gun, 38 with IWB, and needed at least the 40 belt. YMMV.
    Great. Well, I hope I don't have to send it back for the 40. If it's a true 38, I can use the next hole larger while I lose this spare tire and it'll fit perfectly. I wore 32 - 34 most of my adult life until I started driving a computer for a living.

Received the Double duty belt today 1 1/2". My pant size is 38 and I ordered size 40 as the ad suggested.
    The Belt fits just fine with room for 2" expansion.
    I have belts ranging from $55. to $80. and this one rates right up there with them, an excellent belt for a great price.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

cj
    I got a couple pairs of those a while back...LOVE them, especially the zippered magazine pockets inside the pockets...you can fit an LCP in there giving you the option to completely zip it if the situation demands.

The free belts are very nice, but darned if I didn't end up with 3 of the one style I can't use: black basketweaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Blodgett View Post
    Received the Double duty belt today 1 1/2". My pant size is 38 and I ordered size 40 as the ad suggested.
    The Belt fits just fine with room for 2" expansion.
    I have belts ranging from $55. to $80. and this one rates right up there with them, an excellent belt for a great price.
    I guess I forgot what I ordered. I got mine today and it's a 40. Whew! (I hate returning stuff.) Fits perfectly and it's a nice belt. I will change the buckle and maybe get some Chicago screws later if I need to. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    I got a couple pairs of those a while back...LOVE them, especially the zippered magazine pockets inside the pockets...you can fit an LCP in there giving you the option to completely zip it if the situation demands.

The free belts are very nice, but darned if I didn't end up with 3 of the one style I can't use: black basketweaves.
    Thanks for the tip -- that's a great deal. I had to order one just now.

Did the basketweave seem less sturdy as a gun belt?

I really like the price on those!
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Did the basketweave seem less sturdy as a gun belt?
    Not at all...the basketweave is just the impression on the leather, not an actual weave. I just have absolutely nothing to wear that wouldn't look odd with a black basketweave patterned belt. It looks more like a duty belt to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post

I'll take it off your hands! I got a brown one and wanted black for my crossbreed clips.

VIP Member
    I was out at Cabela's and picked one of these up today, they are still on sale on their web site so the store matched the price. Pretty darn good deal on a sturdy belt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links