Compatibility question, Milt Sparks w/ Beltman belt

This is a discussion on Compatibility question, Milt Sparks w/ Beltman belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, first post here in ages! Tried a couple of quick searches, but I didn't find the answer (I'm sure it's here somewhere....). I ...

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Hi guys, first post here in ages!

Tried a couple of quick searches, but I didn't find the answer (I'm sure it's here somewhere....).

I have several Milt Sparks holsters (mostly VM-2s, but some others also), and I'd read of compatibility issues when mixing some belt and holster manufacturers.

Thinking of picking up a Beltman belt (1.5 inch Bullhide, double layer, no stiffener), and was wondering if anyone here is using this belt with Milt Sparks leather w/1.5 inch loops. Wanted to be certain there was no compatibility issue between them before ordering (from reading the FAQ at both Milt Sparks and The Beltman's site, it looks like it should be okay, but no certainty).

Can anyone here verify this for me? Thanks!
    Oh, and it's good to be back .
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I've got several Sparks holsters and several different belts, including Beltman, and they all mix fine. My understanding is that it's mainly the Axiom that won't accept a lot of belts due to the tightness of the loops.

Welcome back!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

I have the standard Beltman 1.5" w/out stiffener, in bullhide.... It fits through the 1.5" belt loops on both of my Sparks VM-2's like they were specifically made for and fitted to each other...

You should be fine...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    My Beltman will not fit my Sparks Axiom. It will fit my Sparks I-BAK and Executives Companion.

Regards,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    If you do a search on the 1911 forum you'll find lots of discussion about this with most stating that their Sparks rigs with 1.5 loops will not easily fit a Beltman belt. I would think that if you tell Beltman what type of rig your using he can craft the belt to fit as I'm sure he has heard a lot of complaints about this topic. Personally, I try to match my belts to the holster meaning a Sparks belt with Sparks holsters, Alessi with Alessi etc.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Thanks guys, sounds like I'll be GTG with the Beltman for the VM2's then. I will stick with my other options (D.M. Bullard and Wilderness) for the Axiom for now, and after I've lost some weight, I'll probably buy a Sparks sharkskin belt to work with the Axiom (one thing that convinced me to order now is the Beltman's service of shortening his belts-read about that in the FAQ).

Belt ordered, btw, says he's down to about a 30 day lead time right now (even though the site still says 40).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    You'll be happy with it. The fit on my VM2 to the beltman is awesome. It's sometimes hard to snap the pull the dot snaps on with the belt, so usually I thread it instead, but once on, the fit is perfect. They aren't so tight they don't work, and they aren't loose, so the holster won't shift on the belt.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Links