Alessi Gun Holsters

Alessi Gun Holsters

This is a discussion on Alessi Gun Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Contact Tom Kulwicki at Alessi Holsters. He will set you up with what you want. After Lou's death they relocated the shop from its former ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessi Gun Holsters

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Alessi Gun Holsters

Contact Tom Kulwicki at Alessi Holsters. He will set you up with what you want. After Lou's death they relocated the shop from its former location in Amherst, NY to Cheektowaga, NY and are now only about 1.5 miles from my house. I stopped in yesterday and spoke with Tom as he is getting ready to go live with an online ordering system and full production. They are working on getting all backlog orders out first and then will be concentrating on new orders.

He took my order for a Walther PPS OWB and told me it will be about 10-12 weeks. Super nice guy. Quality is as good as ever and all warranties for Alessi leather are still in full effect. He showed me a holster that was sent to him by a customer who bought it 23 years ago and had seen 23 years of daily service. He was repairing it for free and shipping it back. Now that is top-notch service!

I asked him about belts and he said they are available but want to concentrate on holsters while they are growing into their new space and will be taking orders for belts in the late fall / early winter.

Alessi Holster
    2525 Walden Ave.
    Cheektowaga, NY 14225
    Tel: (716) 706-0321
    Fax (716) 706-0319

tom@alessigunholsters.com
    Alessi Gun Holsters

FYI: The website has only recently been uploaded. It is not fully functional yet, it is merely there for "web presence" for the time being. The email DOES work so you can contact him via email or simply give him a call. Tell him Todd the PPS guy sent you over....

This is great news!

Absolutely great news....Thanks for sharing. I want one eventually. That 10-12 week wait wont last long if they are going online and keeping up quality.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Absolutely great news....Thanks for sharing. I want one eventually. That 10-12 week wait wont last long if they are going online and keeping up quality.
    He gave me a brief tour of the new facility and it is very large. Numerous sewing stations and plenty of workspace. All the old forms and patterns from a lifetime of quality production had me feeling all nostalgic. The place looks GREAT and by the look of things they will be able to meet and exceed all production demands. It is probably 6-7 times the size of the old shop.

He invited me to come back and take photos of the facility so I can post them here. I will get that on my to-do list as soon as I can get a few extra minutes.

They did have some inventory for immediate delivery. You will have to call and ask if they have something in stock for your gun.

I sense a Bodyguard in my near future....

Wow. Don't think Alessi even had a website before Lou's death. 10-12 weeks is also very reasonable...if it's true. Going on week 25 for my Sparks.....:(
    HK45c V1

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Wow. Don't think Alessi even had a website before Lou's death. 10-12 weeks is also very reasonable...if it's true. Going on week 25 for my Sparks.....:(
    They did not have a website in the past. Tom is currently setting up the e-commerce front end with his web developers now. Soon we will be able to order right off the web.

All the same attention to detail and quality will be the same. Tom was with Lou for over 25 years so he knows everything there is to know about the business. In fact if you purchased a rig from Alessi in the last 25 years Tom had his hands on it and may have even made the entire rig.

Great news.
    I am wondering about the 10-12 week delivery time. Some of us have orders from summer 08 or earlier.
    I hope he gets them out in the next 10-12 weeks.

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    That's all good news. I placed a "sticky" on this thread.
    Thanks for posting the information.

Todd,

That's great news and it's comforting to know that Tom has been with Lou so long. I didn't know this when he replied to my inquiry.

You say the quality will be as good as ever... is that because you saw some of the current work and judged it to be equal, or because Tom said that's what they're going to do? I guess what I'm worried about is that with a sudden expansion to several times the old capacity, are they going to have to take on a bunch of brand new, inexperienced hands to help out, or do they have enough of the old staff to make sure things go smoothly?

I realize that you're not connected with the company and only visited for a while, and you obviously felt comfortable enough to place an order of your own. I just tend to worry because the way my luck goes, if they make one bad holster out of 100, it'll be the one for me.

Thanks for the update, any information on the Alessi situation is appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, which OWB holster did you choose? Did they offer all of the old models? Just curious.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by N-frame Smith View Post
    Todd,

That's great news and it's comforting to know that Tom has been with Lou so long. I didn't know this when he replied to my inquiry.

You say the quality will be as good as ever... is that because you saw some of the current work and judged it to be equal, or because Tom said that's what they're going to do? I guess what I'm worried about is that with a sudden expansion to several times the old capacity, are they going to have to take on a bunch of brand new, inexperienced hands to help out, or do they have enough of the old staff to make sure things go smoothly?

I realize that you're not connected with the company and only visited for a while, and you obviously felt comfortable enough to place an order of your own. I just tend to worry because the way my luck goes, if they make one bad holster out of 100, it'll be the one for me.

Thanks for the update, any information on the Alessi situation is appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, which OWB holster did you choose? Did they offer all of the old models? Just curious.
    I saw current work of both final product and prototypes. Tom has been a part of Alessi for over 25 years and knows his craft. I trust that every Alessi holster and belt will be as good or better than any produced in the past. All the same materials suppliers are supplying leather and components.

I have owned Alessi leather in the past and their shop was always nearby but now it is literally a stones throw from my house.

I originally ordered a Talon IWB but Tom had me try his Alessi OWB (not sure what the name of the model I selected was but Tom said it was their most popular model) on and it was like wearing nothing at all and did not change the fit of my pants so I changed my mind and went with the OWB. I think my order will ring up as $125 for the OWB. I forgot the acronym he used for the name.

Hope this info helps...

Great info, thanks. Maybe there is hope for that APX!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I haven't been on the boards much and therefore missed hearing of Lou's demise. I considered Lou a friend; I spoke to him many times and purchased many Alessi holsters. I will miss my friend and wish him well now that he is in a better place. Regards, Richard

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    I originally ordered a Talon IWB but Tom had me try his Alessi OWB (not sure what the name of the model I selected was but Tom said it was their most popular model) on and it was like wearing nothing at all and did not change the fit of my pants so I changed my mind and went with the OWB. I think my order will ring up as $125 for the OWB. I forgot the acronym he used for the name.

Hope this info helps...
    Alessi CQC/S ?

Thanks for the update & website.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    Alessi CQC/S ?

Thanks for the update & website.

Yes, it was a CQC.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links