SmartCarry & Golf

This is a discussion on SmartCarry & Golf within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AZ Husker I'm yet to hear anyone say how fast or efficient their draw is from one of those modified jock straps. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SmartCarry & Golf

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I'm yet to hear anyone say how fast or efficient their draw is from one of those modified jock straps. I'll do two COM from an IWB in 1.5 seconds. How long does it take to even find your gun in those things? Might be good do carry a gun in, but certainly not an efficient way.
    How good can your conceal your gun while on the beach wearing only shorts and flip flops? Hard to wear an IWB when your not wearing a belt or shirt right? Jogging with sweatpants on, a visit to the gym, there are many places where a regular belt holster isn't always available.

The concept of the smart carry is not to be the fastest, but to make carry possible when other forms are not available.

Quote Originally Posted by pakin View Post
    I would never use Smartcarry. That thing is ridicules.

I can see it now. "Sure, you can have my wallet, wait let me scratch my sack first."

LMAO, can you even draw with out undoing your pants first?

You should really try one, it would keep the taste of foot out of your mouth.

2. Remove Ads

I do not own one as of yet. Yet being the key word. There have been several times that I have ankle carried because I wore a suit and was sitting for long periods. I can see were SC has it place. No one solution can cover it all.

Heres mine and my Glock 27,and spare G27 15 round mag.I work in it,I wear it under my cargo shorts,outside everyday.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I've had several; I used one for a J frame but didn't like the extra buldge from the cylinder. I then tried one for a KelTec P3AT and that works but in the long run I ended up just pocket carrying most often.

Based on my experience, I believe the Smart Carry is a good option and I think it's like any other carry method, it's better for some than others. I think it works best with larger/taller guys and the kind of pants you wear has a lot to do with it too. Pleated dockers worked great but I didn't like the printing on some dress pants.

I still have mine but rarely use it, still I think it's a good system and certainly has it's place although after having worn one, I can't imagine running in it (I mean serious long distance running like in a workout) but if it works for you great.

Let's face it, unless you can carry IWB or OWB with a cover garment, the choices are limited or poor. Tuckables are a poor choice, deep concealment holster shirts are a poor choice, pocket carrying a tiny .380 is a poor choice, at least by comparison so in those cases like summer or professional office carry, these choices are still a LOT better than not carrying.

Somewhere I read about a concealed carry instructor whose students were pretty dubious about being able to really conceal if someone were looking. He said, "Really?" and pulled a S&W 500 4" out of a Smartcarry. They were amazed. I'll have to look for the link.
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links