SmartCarry & Golf

SmartCarry & Golf

This is a discussion on SmartCarry & Golf within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I played 18 holes with my P7 in my SmartCarry. No problems, didn't interfere with swinging the club at all. Just FYI. P.S. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SmartCarry & Golf

SmartCarry & Golf

Today I played 18 holes with my P7 in my SmartCarry. No problems, didn't interfere with swinging the club at all.

Just FYI.

P.S. I shot 79.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I played an hours worth of fun (not competitive) volleyball yesterday and completely forgot I was carrying with the smartcarry!!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I'm yet to hear anyone say how fast or efficient their draw is from one of those modified jock straps. I'll do two COM from an IWB in 1.5 seconds. How long does it take to even find your gun in those things? Might be good do carry a gun in, but certainly not an efficient way.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I wear mine outside the pants most of the time... speeds up that draw...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I would never use Smartcarry. That thing is ridicules.

I can see it now. "Sure, you can have my wallet, wait let me scratch my sack first."

LMAO, can you even draw with out undoing your pants first?

Funny how SmartCarry critics invariably have no experience with them...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I've not timed my draw from the SmartCarry versus my IWB SuperTuck, but I don't believe it is very much slower.

I find the pistol to be easily findable and graspable as I reach for it - no problems groping around for it. [ Feel free to insert clever joke here ]

<< I can see it now. "Sure, you can have my wallet, wait let me scratch my sack first." >>

That's no different in terms of reaching for something than "Sure, you can have my wallet, wait, let me draw my gun."

It could be argued that you'd have more time to draw because the BG wouldn't have any idea what you were reaching for, unlike obviously reaching for the hip area where weapons are commonly carried.

Yes, you can draw without undoing your pants. It helps to use your off hand to pull your belt out a bit (kind of like sweeping a cover garment away from a hip holster), but you can access it with just your strong hand if you need to.

But, by all means, keep LYAO about something you obviously know little about.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

I don't have a timer so I don't really know how fast a draw I have... but I think worn outside the pants and covered with an untucked Hawaiian shirt, it's a faster draw than I can clear my shirt and draw from my MTAC IWB.

I can put my hand under the bottom hem of my shirt and it appears that my hand is casually in my pocket, but it is actually between my pants and my shirt, on top of the SmartCarry strap and one inch from the butt of my Sig 220. I can pull very fast from this position, without using my left hand to clear my cover garment.

I understand that not everyone gets to dress like me, in shorts and Hawaiian shirts 90% of the time... sometimes I have to dress up a bit, so the SmartCarry goes in the pants, or I use the MTAC...

Still, there is no reason that a similar setup with jeans and a turtleneck sweater or a flannel shirt wouldn't work... all depends on your attire. Obviously, suit-and-tie guys can't pull off my setup...

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Funny how SmartCarry critics invariably have no experience with them...
    Yes, that is true. I now have two, a regular for my medium autos and small revolvers, and I ordered an extra-wide for my L-frame 386. I put my gun on when I get dressed in the morning, and take it off when I go to bed at night. I keep it on when changing into more relaxing clothing after work. You never know it is there unless you think about it.

I have carried the 386 all week, up and down ladders, and sitting to write reports. I have ccw'd since I was 21, I am 45 today, and have tried many carry methods, and there is something to like or dislike for all of them. I like this better than any method that I have ever used. No need to worry about how small a gun needs to be. It is so comfortable, and the draw is as good as any. I was practicing yesterday, I can get it out in about 1.5 seconds. Re-holstering is not so fast, in fact it is a good bit slower, requiring both hands. But when you have to pull it out, re-holster time is not a priority.

These crazy scenarios that imply that you are going get the drop on a bad guy who wants to mug you....well, they are mostly in ones mind. A mugger usually is at close range when you realize it, usually has a knife or gun on you already, and I don't care how you carry, you usually won't have a chance in hell of getting your ccw up and shooting in time. That is the reality.

I challenge anyone who has never tried it, to just spend the $53 and get one, with a 30 day MONEYBACK guarantee. Nothing to lose, and Charlie Parrot is better than good on his WORD. He is a gun owner and carrier, and wants his customers to eithe be satisfied, or simply return the merchandise. I don't remember seeing, in all my years, anyone who tried a smartcarry and returned it. I'm sure it happens, I am not denying that. If you place an order today, within 5 days it is sitting in your mail box. That has happened both times for me.

I found a used-one-time smartcarry for $35, but lost the link, or I'd have 3 of them. What better praise can I give than that? I am as grizzled and critical of things as anyone else, but the proof is in the experience.

We are all here to help one another, and share experiences. If you have not tried a smartcarry, then your critique is entirely hypothetical. I won't ever need another holster for 99% of my ccw carrying. Ever. I'm sold.

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

I have and use a SC for EDC. It is extremely comfortable, and I carry (2) G30SF's, both with lasers. I wear pleated dress slacks or Dockers, that are one size larger. Instead of a belt, I use suspenders. It greatly speeds the draw and on target time since there is no need to pull the waistband out to allow access to your handgun. I can draw and get my first round COM in 1 and half seconds. Yes, I wear my dress clothes to the range. I have a total of 4 SC holsters, and at least 2 boxes of unused holsters from 36 yrs of EDC (mostly with 1911's). Charlie Parott is a great guy and makes a superior product. Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

I carry a full size 1911A1 in mine with an extra clip. Works best with pleated pants to hide the grip. Also works best if you don't have a spare tire. It has the big money pocket behind the holster. I like that feature. If I'm traveling and have to carry a large amount of money, that's a good place to hide it.
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

MrGlock45 sez...

I have and use a SC for EDC. It is extremely comfortable, and I carry (2) G30SF's, both with lasers.
    So, let's see... 28 rounds of .45, with (a minimum) 4 more 13-round magazines in the back pocket for a total of 80 rounds, with laser sighting... all invisible on some guy wearing Dockers slacks over there...

That's pretty hard to pull off with 2 SuperTucks...

But SmartCarry's are "ridiculous"...

I think I'll pass on getting in a shootout with MrGlock...

I switch back and forth between my SmartCarry and my MTAC. It just depends on what I'm wearing that day.

I do know that if I tuck my shirt in, drawing from the SmartCarry is much, much faster than pulling the shirt and drawing from the MTAC. But if not tucked, the MTAC is faster.
    Question Everything!

I've been wearing a Smartcarry holster for a little over a month. I wear it primarily at work. I'm an "unarmed" security officer. As many have said, "Always carry, NEVER tell!" This could not be more accurate.

Once in a while there are circumstances at work where I may have to defend myself from someone with a gun with less than honest intentions. Last night I had such a case where an angry ex-husband kicked in his ex-wifes door while he was very drunk. He was later arrested for this crime. In the past he has been known to carry a handgun while drunk. I may have had a very serious situation on my hands had he been carrying his handgun. My G26 carried in my Smartcarry may have saved my life. I had to call the local police for this idiot who kicked in his ex-wife's door.

After putting on the Smartcarry holster I almost forget I'm wearing it. I'm on the move almost all the time. It's good to know that I can carry my G26 in a very comfortable holster.

I highly recommend the Smartcarry holster. It may not be for everyone, but to each his own.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Smartcarry is faster than any tucked holster, since there is no need to untuck or sweep away a covering garment. Also no issue with the handgun getting snagged during the draw by the cover garment. And keeping the gun in front minimizes hand movement (and thus time) compared to reaching (obviously) around to your hip.

Only draw faster would be an untucked or open carry holster, and not by much.

I wear dress shirts at work, many of which have long shirttails - no way I could untuck those in any reasonable amount of time with another tuckable holster. I tried the Crossbreed Supertuck, but it made me look like I had a tumor, and would have required megabucks for a whole new wardrobe of business suits with pants 1-2 sizes larger. And what about the spare mag?...

I also tried the undershirt holsters - talk about a slow draw! Hot as heck in the Summer. And I was "made" by a family friend who hugged me - fortunately she didn't freak out.

I did pocket carry for a while. With some shallow pants pockets, the grip of the pistol (a PM9) would "peek out" and could be visible from behind, unless I kept my suit jacket on all the time (bummer in hot weather). Plus, you cannot easily draw with your support hand if you pocket carry.

Smartcarry works! It allows me to carry a better, larger pistol, plus a spare mag, in total comfort and concealment. Draw is fast (except while seated - then you need to pop up out of your seat before you draw). Of all the methods I've tried (I even tried a fanny pack) Smartcarry is the best.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; July 5th, 2009 at 05:33 PM.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links