Concealed Carry in a Suit?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in a Suit? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any of ya'll carrying concealed while wearing a suit? Sometimes I need to dump the jacket, and I don't want something on the outside of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any of ya'll carrying concealed while wearing a suit? Sometimes I need to dump the jacket, and I don't want something on the outside of my belt.

What are you all doing, other than the Smart Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by tscarpenter View Post
    Any of ya'll carrying concealed while wearing a suit? Sometimes I need to dump the jacket, and I don't want something on the outside of my belt.

What are you all doing, other than the Smart Carry?
    If I don't want to keep the jacket on I just take a KT P3AT in a pocket holster.

Regards,
    Jerry

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    If I don't want to keep the jacket on I just take a KT P3AT in a pocket holster.

Regards,
    Jerry
    +1 to the little gun in a pocket holster, this is very effective cheap and useful in just about any attire.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Tuckable IWB, depending on rig/gun worked for me. Only problem is if you have to be really active, then even the best tuckables come untucked.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Another problem I see is in a suit is,.. you cannot wear a HD belt at all? How do you get a IWB to stay put with out a good belt,. I don't own a suit these days, but when I have they pants was always extremely loose and wouldn't stay up without the light belt that didn't do a good job.,.. ???

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I heard someone mention suspenders in another thread... if you can make that Larry King look work...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    Another problem I see is in a suit is,.. you cannot wear a HD belt at all? How do you get a IWB to stay put with out a good belt,. I don't own a suit these days, but when I have they pants was always extremely loose and wouldn't stay up without the light belt that didn't do a good job.,.. ???
    I always used the thickest, sturdiest dress belt I could find. Not as good as a true gunbelt, but good enough to get by most of the time.
    An under cover friend used to glue thin plastic strips to the back of his thin dress belt to stiffin it too. I never tried it though.

Everything related to concealment is a compromise...
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I wear the same belts, Rafter and Beltman 1.25 and 1.5 inch, with a suit as without. If I had a problem with the belt not holding the pants up I would add suspenders, but still wear a gunbelt.

Regards,
    Jerry

I wear a m-tac behind my right hip. But I dont tuck it if Im wearing my jacket. If I have to take off my jacket, I tuck my shirt over it.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I wear the same belts, Rafter and Beltman 1.25 and 1.5 inch, with a suit as without. If I had a problem with the belt not holding the pants up I would add suspenders, but still wear a gunbelt.

Regards,
    Jerry

Some suits (if I remember right) that I had didn't even have belt loops?? Seemed they had a inside button and claspe style latch??? Maybe I'm not remembering right, that is what I remember.. Honestly, I hope I never have to wear another suit, but I'm sure that day will come again someday..

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I heard someone mention suspenders in another thread... if you can make that Larry King look work...

Suspenders.. Now we're talking,.. I had a pare of them onces..

Shoulder rig, or a holster/t-shirt

A suit is great for carrying because you don't look out of place with your cover garment on...if planning on removing it, it's like you're in business casual, so go with a tuckable, ankle, Smartcarry, holster under-shirt, belly band, or pocket concealment.

A 1.25" gunbelt is plenty sturdy to carry any gun IWB or OWB and isn't out of place on a suit. A Kramer single-thick horsehide belt is something I've considered for when I'm carrying just a gun/mags and not a full rack of LE gear. You can get a 1.25" with a plastic stiffener if the normal gunbelts are somehow not stiff enough for you.

Some suits (if I remember right) that I had didn't even have belt loops?? Seemed they had a inside button and claspe style latch??? Maybe I'm not remembering right, that is what I remember.. Honestly, I hope I never have to wear another suit, but I'm sure that day will come again someday..
    Was that many years ago?

Regards,
    Jerry

Sharkskin is the ticket with dress slacks, sturdy and thin.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links