Will Super Tuck fit XD tactical?

This is a discussion on Will Super Tuck fit XD tactical? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know...Another post on Crossbreed Super tuck, But I wanted to know if any one has/knows if crossbreed (when they say XD all variants) if ...

Thread: Will Super Tuck fit XD tactical?

Will Super Tuck fit XD tactical?

I know...Another post on Crossbreed Super tuck, But I wanted to know if any one has/knows if crossbreed (when they say XD all variants) if that will fit a 5 inch tactical 45. If so has any one tried it? is it comfortable? Seems like an awfully big gun to be IWB . Thanks Guys
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

2. Remove Ads

No Super Tuck but I carry an XD45 Tact in an MTAC. No problem IWB. I would think the ST would work fine.
    Keep your powder dry

I would imagine that a Supertuck for any .45 XD would fit any length, as the kydex doesn't cover the end of the muzzle. Here is a tactical length, and as you can see, the same kydex would work for a service, if not a sub copmpact, too.

The picture above is an XDm, which has a 4.5" barrel. XD Tactical's have a 5" barrel, so it will be a little bit longer than what is shown above.

I carry an XD 45 Tactical 5" Compact (10 round mag) using a SuperTuck with the combat grip option. The end of the slide/barrel does stick out past the leather, and I've noticed a little wear in the finish in that area. Other than that, I have had no problems with it. It is a pretty big gun for IWB, but it works for me (5'9", 190lbs). As far as comfort goes, the supertucks are the only holsters I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare them to.

I'll try to remember to post a picture when I get home.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

I posted about getting a Supertuck for my Kel Tec P-11 a while ago because my pistol was not on the Crossbreed website. The owner posted to the thread that they could make one. And sure enough they did. Mine worked great right out of the box. Perfect retention, fit just right for the P-11, remembering they didn't make one for the P-11. I say give them a call or e-mail them.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

OK, sorry it's taken me so long to get these pics posted, but here they are.

The first two pics compare my 5" tactical w/combat grip holster to my 4" service w/regular supertuck. The next two are close-up pictures of my 5" tactical in my holster. As you can see, it sticks out a little bit, but like I mentioned earlier it doesn't really bother me. The only thing I've noticed is a little bit of the finish is rubbing off of the tip.

Note that both of my guns have the compact grip (10 rounds, not the 13 round grip), so a regular grip would stick out a little bit more.

-Plop
    Attached Images
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."

Hey Plop, Does the front sight ever get stuck on the kydex during the draw?

I have a supertuck that I use with my XD9SC (3.1") and it works great. I stuck my buddy's 4" XD and it fit great, but the front sight would stick sometimes...requires that I pull more precisely to clear the kydex...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

My front sight doesn't get "stuck" on the kydex during the draw (to the point of not being able to draw), but it does rub against it creating grooves in the kydex material. There have been a few times that I've noticed kydex shavings sticking to my front sight as well. This happens on both my 4" and my 5" guns, in both holsters.

Like you mentioned, if I pull more precisely it will clear the kydex without the front sight rubbing against it. But when I practice for speed I know it's rubbing against it. I haven't seen any issues with it, and I don't think it will damage or alter my sights in any way.

-Plop

Mark bevels the bottom of the kydex really well, I do not think you could catch the sight on the bottom if you tried.

Perhaps thats a newer technique, or isn't done on holsters specifically orders for the subcompact. Don't get me wrong, it's a great holster fr my subcompact, but my buddys' XD service definitely catches, and can actually prevent a draw if one isn't very forceful (if the angle of draw isn't right). I don't have the answer...only an observation based on experience.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Links