Kel-Tec P11 holster

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec P11 holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got the P11 recently & really like it, but got to get a proper holster. I need something that I can wear every day, ...

Thread: Kel-Tec P11 holster

Kel-Tec P11 holster

Just got the P11 recently & really like it, but got to get a proper holster.
    I need something that I can wear every day, work, play, whatever.
    My work is handling boxes, doing full squats & carrying them against me. I'm also in & out of the truck all day... seat belt on, seat belt off.

I used a CrossBreed Supertuck w/ my 1st gun, a 38 Special, & it was OK, but I decided I really need to try an outside belt holster for this one.

I'm thinking a well made leather holster that holds the gun tight to the belt, & holds it snug w/o a top strap.

It seams that around 3 O clock works well, but I wish I could explore a couple other options like appendix or cross draw, but don't want something that is going to be in the way of squatting, seat belts, etc. Maybe in time. Cash is somewhat limited right now<G>.

Along w/ any opinions on the things I just mentioned, one other question is about the leather holsters that some offer that can be worn either inside or out on the belt. Most seam to have leather belt loops. That makes me wonder if the loops would allow for more play when drawing rather that a nice, solid holster (although it would be handy not to have to thread a belt each time I put on a different pare of pants<G>).

The reason I mention this is for the rare case that I feel the need to tuck mt shirt in. Besides, I may be doing a different job some day & have to tuck my shirt. But if the holster that does both is going to be a compromise on stability, I think I should think about just getting an IWB later if I really need it.

One other thing, I guess I'd better go w/ someone that could send it out in fairly soon... maybe a month or less.
    Thanks for any thoughts.

2. Remove Ads

Anyone had experience w/ the leather work from DeSantis?
    Commerce Storefront B2C

Let me help you out...

FIST #12 Basic

Add the body protector and you'll be good to go.
    There are others on the site, also.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thank you. I have looked at the Fist holsters. I kinda like this one... FIST, INC.
    I wonder what the wait time is with Fist?

That looks like it is certainly versatile...don't forget the 'body protector'...you'll like that option.

I have two more on order right now and I expect to have them in 4-6 weeks...I'll bet less than 5 though.

Enjoy...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Perhaps a shoulder holster might be a good choice for you.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Perhaps a shoulder holster might be a good choice for you.
    That thought has crossed my mind, but I think around 3 O Clock, on the belt might be my best option for now.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let me help you out...

FIST #12 Basic

Add the body protector and you'll be good to go.
    There are others on the site, also.
    As I'm studying the options (mostly from Fist at this point) I'm not seeing the option to add the "body guard". I'm assuming that would be extra leather left on the back that would be between your skin & the gun (like is shown on # 45 for instance)?
    Speaking of # 45, that looks like a pretty nice set up. Covers a fair amount of area, but it contains two importaint components (gun & extra mag) in a nice, neat package.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    As I'm studying the options (mostly from Fist at this point) I'm not seeing the option to add the "body guard". I'm assuming that would be extra leather left on the back that would be between your skin & the gun (like is shown on # 45 for instance)?
    Speaking of # 45, that looks like a pretty nice set up. Covers a fair amount of area, but it contains two importaint components (gun & extra mag) in a nice, neat package.
    PM sent...

See Fist OPTIONS AND ALTERATIONS here...
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/opalt/Default.htm

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OK, I've decided on #45 FIST, INC. Belt slide w/ front mag holder.
    I talked to the lady at Fist today & asked questions about some of the options. I'll order tomorrow.

I'm going to throw out a couple options I've considered & see if anyone has thoughts or personal experience.

The "body guard" is indeed a good idea, but this one comes w/ that feature, so I'm covered there.

One or two tensioning screws can be added for $10 each, but she said most people order that holster as is.
    No need for over kill, but it would be nice to know that retention on the gun & the extra mag will be good & stay that way in years to come.

She said extra reneforcement at the top wouldn't be needed on that holster. The only reason I asked was because I was curious about the possibility of adding the holes were leather belt loops could be added like in the "Combination" holster, so it could be worn IWB if wanted. She said it would be to bulky.

I also asked about adding the extra belt slot for the "Cross Draw Option". She didn't think it was doable<G>.

The only other option I'm still thinking about would be the "Closed Bottom". Any thoughts on that?

So the remaining possibilities would be the tensioning screw(s) & the closed bottom.

Links