Blackhawk SERPA question

This is a discussion on Blackhawk SERPA question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may sound weird coming from me, possibly the biggest fan of the SERPA on this site but, are there any other SERPA fans out ...

Thread: Blackhawk SERPA question

Blackhawk SERPA question

This may sound weird coming from me, possibly the biggest fan of the SERPA on this site but, are there any other SERPA fans out there that can tell me if there is a SERPA made specifically for the XD Sub Compact?

I have one for my 4 inch service model XD but my wife carries an XD Sub Compact and wants a SERPA of her own for her gun.

I know there is a model made specifically for the Glock 26/27 which is shorter than the one for the 19/23, so it kind of goes to reason that there would be a shorter model made for the XD Sub Compact vs. the 4 inch models.

But, so far I can't find one on the shelf of any of my local gun shops and when I look on the Blackhawk web site, I can't find a separate listing for an XD sc model.

So, anyone know?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I was just looking one a couple days ago as well.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Did you check their website? If not there, call them up. I have found Blackhawk very willing to listen to customers.

i got a serpa for my m&p compact, but all they made at the time was the full size holster. the gun fit and locked into it just fine. i took a dremel to the excess and cut it off, now its flush with the muzzle.

only problem is the paddle attachment doest hide the gun very well, and the screws on the belt attachment stripped on mine. i don't use it much these days.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameso View Post
    i got a serpa for my m&p compact, but all they made at the time was the full size holster. the gun fit and locked into it just fine. i took a dremel to the excess and cut it off, now its flush with the muzzle.
    I have done the same for my 1911 4" Champ.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    This may sound weird coming from me, possibly the biggest fan of the SERPA on this site but, are there any other SERPA fans out there that can tell me if there is a SERPA made specifically for the XD Sub Compact?

I have one for my 4 inch service model XD but my wife carries an XD Sub Compact and wants a SERPA of her own for her gun.

I know there is a model made specifically for the Glock 26/27 which is shorter than the one for the 19/23, so it kind of goes to reason that there would be a shorter model made for the XD Sub Compact vs. the 4 inch models.

But, so far I can't find one on the shelf of any of my local gun shops and when I look on the Blackhawk web site, I can't find a separate listing for an XD sc model.

So, anyone know?

BlackHawk must not like the XD, because I have not found a 3" or 5" serpa available. I have seen a few for sale that people cut themselves, but none that are actually made for a sub or tactical.

VIP Member
    Screw Blackhawk! There is no way that I want to jerry rig a new holster
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

they do not make them for barel lengths.
    the one I have fits my subcompct .40 just fine.
    it is open bottom so a 4 or 5" xd will also fit fine.

it is also a pancake style BUT is close to imposable to remove from your belt.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Links