Crossbreed Super Tuck Question - Page 2

Crossbreed Super Tuck Question

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by joker1 Hey, I did not give her an earful. I simply asked about it she explained and I thanked her. My post ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbreed Super Tuck Question

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Hey, I did not give her an earful. I simply asked about it she explained and I thanked her. My post was embellished a bit too much on my part. Although Mark did say that others had called and given her a hard time and that he would not stand for it. I too have a great deal of respect for Mark and his company. I'm still patiently waiting for my holster and belt and the anticipation is difficult but from what I've read it will be more than worth it.

Did you order a belt also? If not you may get your holster fairly quick. The belts take a little longer. I also ordered the horsehide and the combat cut.

Congrats in advance on your holster purchase. Let us know how it works for you.

Joker1
    Joker1,

Will all due respect, I did not mean any offense. Trust me, I am impatient too! No I did not get the belt, but I did get the combat cut. Now I am starting to wonder if I should not have done that??? Does it really make a difference in the comfort level?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I thought the same as you C hawk, it looked huge,so I spent a long time trying other IWB holsters, finally I decided to give the Supertuck a try. I wish I had ordered one years ago. Forget the money I would have saved, the discomfort and aggravation of wearing IWB's that never felt just right was priceless. Then I thought about getting the Mini-tuck instead since I have a small waist. Mark said to try the ST first , I did and man am I glad.
    For example, yesterday I ran around all day, Dr's appointments, errands, took the dog to the park, Went out with the GF for a while, dinner and a movie, came home, layed down to read for a minute and woke up this morning with my clothes on, ST on in my jeans,slept like a baby. That's how comfortable the ST is.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Joker1,

Will all due respect, I did not mean any offense. Trust me, I am impatient too! No I did not get the belt, but I did get the combat cut. Now I am starting to wonder if I should not have done that??? Does it really make a difference in the comfort level?
    No problem. I kinda asked for it.

I've been carrying a full size (full weight) 1911 OWB with a thin walmart belt for several months now. I can definately feel the guns weight. I've never had a "gun belt" before and have only been carrying since February. I have a new G19 to carry when my holster does come in. The consensus seems to be that a good belt will make even the lowliest of holsters comfortable. I just figured I would get it since I'm spending the money for a good holster. I didn't want to throw it and several others in the proverbial drawer full of holsters and then find out my belt was the problem all along. Don't second guess your decision on the holster, just consider getting a good belt. There are others available that may be had quicker, from what I've read on here (talking to your impatient side). However the same 2 week try it period, warranty, and customer service will come with the Crossbreed belt. Again I have no expierience with this just my opinion.

Joker1

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Joker1,
    No I did not get the belt, but I did get the combat cut. Now I am starting to wonder if I should not have done that??? Does it really make a difference in the comfort level?
    My first ST came without the combat grip. The second one I got did come with the combat grip. I've not felt any difference in comfort and did find the gun more easy to grab and present. It's the only way I'll order it now.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    My first ST came without the combat grip. The second one I got did come with the combat grip. I've not felt any difference in comfort and did find the gun more easy to grab and present. It's the only way I'll order it now.
    That is making me feel pretty good about my combat cut decision.

seems strange that they charge more for the combat cut.

I would think it would be a no charge option.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post
    seems strange that they charge more for the combat cut.

I would think it would be a no charge option.
    While I see your point, it is an extra step in the manufacture of each holster, and it has to be done specifically for each different firearm (much the same as the Kydex must be molded to each different gun).

I'd imagine the leather backers all start out the same, so extra attention based on gun model is extra work. Rather than factor that in raising the cost to everyone, I'd imagine they may see it as a custom option an individual chooses, the cost of which is then passed only to the individual requesting it.

Having done it myself, I can state it's no big deal. But you gotta get it right the first time! (More correctly if you go too far, no "do overs").
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I have one without the combat cut and wish mine had more leather, preferably behind the grip to keep it from touching my skin and digging into my back when I'm in the truck. Chances are I'll probably never have to pull this gun to defend myself and I'd much prefer to be comfortable everyday over the 1 chance that I ever have to pull it. In the adrenaline rush of self defense, I can't see some extra leather BEHIND the gun making me take longer to draw the gun. If you practice with what you have you will be plenty quick with it, extra leather or not.

I'm sure there will be plenty to differ.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prowannabe View Post
    I have one without the combat cut and wish mine had more leather, preferably behind the grip to keep it from touching my skin and digging into my back when I'm in the truck. Chances are I'll probably never have to pull this gun to defend myself and I'd much prefer to be comfortable everyday over the 1 chance that I ever have to pull it. In the adrenaline rush of self defense, I can't see some extra leather BEHIND the gun making me take longer to draw the gun. If you practice with what you have you will be plenty quick with it, extra leather or not.

I'm sure there will be plenty to differ.
    Dude, seriously more leather? These holster come with half a cow!

I ordered a supertuck for my M&P 45c last Tues. (7th) and it got to me today on Friday. Initial impression, weapon retention is a little on the loose side but can be increased with some gentle heating. Looks to be very comfortable, time will tell. Very thin profile holster. May not be a pretty as a Milt Sparks VM2, but it is cheaper and I didn't have to wait six months. On a side note I have a lot of respect for a guy who puts his belief in GOD on the first page of his product catalog. Keep up the good work.

VIP Member
    Hello,

I just got my super tuck as well! It was quick, like four day total! I was wondering what position you guys where it in, and what bolt placement you guys are using?

The SuperTuck was comfortable for me right out of the box, no chafing, easy access, good concealibility, and can be worn all day, sit with it lean back, really nicely made with great customer service. My principal concealed holster is the SmartCarry, also with a great customer service and it carries differently, no heavy weight being pushed down on my belt being asserted by my being overweight...both are excellent for different carries...I also have a paddle Fobus that is really nice for a quick carry and I really do like that also.
    Semper Vigilantia - Semper Paratus
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hi,

I wanted to say that I honestly love my Cross breed! It fits great and I have nothing but good things to say about the brand and the owner! Now that I have had some time to break it in, I honestly love this holster. Thank you to everyone who gave the good advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links