Crossbreed Super Tuck Question

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I have been going back and forth about getting a holster for CC. I am currently using a belly band and it works pretty ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Super Tuck Question

VIP Member

Crossbreed Super Tuck Question

Hi,

I have been going back and forth about getting a holster for CC. I am currently using a belly band and it works pretty well, my only beef is that it's one more thing around my waist.

My question about the super tuck is...

1. I did not see a model for XD 9 sc (Can this be made?)

2. I have heard fantastic reviews, but is it just me or does the paddle or leather portion seem huge?? Is there a reason for this?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    1. I did not see a model for XD 9 sc (Can this be made?)
    Yes.

2. I have heard fantastic reviews, but is it just me or does the paddle or leather portion seem huge?? Is there a reason for this?
    It's not really. It molds to your body shape and helps distribute the weight very well. It's a great design and the most comfortable holster of this type out there, IMO.

FYI, if you order one and are an NRA member, there is a discount at checkout for that.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Wish I had noticed the discount when I ordered. Discount or no, I still consider it money well spent.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Ski

Thumbs up Very Happy

I have had mine for 3 weeks and have no complaints (recieved it within 2 weeks from order). I have changed hook positions and the hooks, just to try out the versatility. I would like to add a gun belt next. Before this I only carried OWB and am pumped I can finally tuck in my shirt.

i found the leather was a little bigger than i felt i needed, so i did my own combat cut after a couple of weeks wearing it. i carry a glock 30sf in every day and love it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by micah6161 View Post
    i found the leather was a little bigger than i felt i needed, so i did my own combat cut after a couple of weeks wearing it. i carry a glock 30sf in every day and love it.
    That was my next question, should I get the combat cut?

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    That was my next question, should I get the combat cut?
    IMO, yes. But if you don't, and decide you should have, it is not difficult to do the cut yourself.

My point on the cut is this: The majority of serious holster makers wouldn't think of selling a holster that you couldn't begin with a full firing combat grip immediately upon beginning the draw. It is considered prerequisite by most. That said, Mark of Cross Breed has pointed out to me that he has a large number of customers, including professional gun carriers of all types, who are quite happy with the holster the way it was originally conceived (without the cut). I will say this, you have a higher likelihood of physical comfort without the cut (it is acceptably comfortable either way IMO, but perhaps more so without the cut).

I bought mine before the cut was offered (first I heard of it being offered in fact was a response from Mark to a post I made on another Forum, complaining about the lack of a proper firing grip).

I had mine sitting in a drawer for years, mostly unworn. Mark had back then offered to cut it for free to those of us who felt we needed it, but I never sent it back (partly due to some new 1911's, and this was for a Glock I was not carrying so much anymore).

I finally did my own cut a couple of months back. And I am finally getting some utility out of the holster! (Carrying my Glock 19 in it as I type).

From everything I have heard, Cross Breed customer service is as good as it gets. Their holster line is hugely popular on every internet handgun forum I've ever read, being the second most recommended holster I have seen (just barely behind the Milt Sparks VM2). I'd say with several successful years under his belt, his innovative design has proven itself many times over.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I had the same concern as you when looking at the leather patch. It does seem a little large, almost like you would feel the edges of it when being worn. But, becuase of their warranty, i decided that I may as well order it and see. I could not be any happier!! As stated above, the leather litterally conforms to your curve(whether its your outer hip, or those few dozen donuts hanging around just over your strongside buttcheek), in efect it does everything to spread the weight and bulk of your concealment over a larger area. In my case, I carry a commander 1911, now thats a heavier piece loaded and all, but it just spreads out and blends in!! I actually find that I don't need that good of a belt with it, the rig is so well supported, that it holds up fine with my 5+ year old belt.

And... mine was at my door 3 days after ordering. Really the only downside is that once you try it, you'll have to get one for every gun you own.

I have one for my LCP with laser and it is really comfortable and out of the way. I figured since this one works so good, I will be ordering one for my XD sub9. I have read a lot of posts where people have drawres full of holsters that dont work. You get 2 weeks to try it out, so you cant really lose, plus an excellent warranty if something should break.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    I just ordered my new Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD9 sc, I did pay a little extra for the combat cut. I will report my review!

Awesome. You will love it. Give it a bit to break in and you will forget your wearing it.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Does that mean you'll be changing your handle to C hawk XD?

You'll love it. I'm carrying my XD9sc in one right now. I didn't get the combat cut b/c I prefer to have leather between me and the gun and do not feel it hinders my draw whatsoever.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Does that mean you'll be changing your handle to C hawk XD?

You'll love it. I'm carrying my XD9sc in one right now. I didn't get the combat cut b/c I prefer to have leather between me and the gun and do not feel it hinders my draw whatsoever.
    HaHa..... No C hawk XD does not have the same ring to it! I truly love both guns though! It's interesting, I tend to find XD owners who like Glocks, but not the other way around.

VIP Member
    By the way, the tipping point for me getting this rig for my XD is the fact that everyone had nice things to say about Crossbreed holsters.

I also saw previous post where Mark stuck up for his mom when another customer was complaining about a long ship date and called in to give her an earful. I have to respect a guy who sticks up for his family and handles issues with grace and maturity. That is the type of person I like to do business with.

By the way, the tipping point for me getting this rig for my XD is the fact that everyone had nice things to say about Crossbreed holsters.

I also saw previous post where Mark stuck up for his mom when another customer was complaining about a long ship date and called in to give her an earful. I have to respect a guy who sticks up for his family and handles issues with grace and maturity. That is the type of person I like to do business with.
    Hey, I did not give her an earful. I simply asked about it she explained and I thanked her. My post was embellished a bit too much on my part. Although Mark did say that others had called and given her a hard time and that he would not stand for it. I too have a great deal of respect for Mark and his company. I'm still patiently waiting for my holster and belt and the anticipation is difficult but from what I've read it will be more than worth it.

Did you order a belt also? If not you may get your holster fairly quick. The belts take a little longer. I also ordered the horsehide and the combat cut.

Congrats in advance on your holster purchase. Let us know how it works for you.

Joker1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links