Pure Kustom/The Beltman - Review

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom/The Beltman - Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been wanting to write this for a week, but have held off so it wasn't a "I just got this and it is great" ...

I've been wanting to write this for a week, but have held off so it wasn't a "I just got this and it is great" review.

My last setup was a Kevlar belt from the Glockstore,. Better then a regular belt that you would get from Walmart,. Somewhat stiff and didn't seem to stretch very much. But after using the Beltman, they don't compare. My last daily carry holster was a DeSantis Cozy pocket and I thought I loved it, very comfortable,... (so I thought)
    With this setup my pants would always droop in the back where my weapon was, I had to either let it droop or keep hiking it up when walking distance or just even around Walmart. My belt was tight, but the weight and my lack of butt just made that happen.

Last week my Beltman belt came in, It was better then I could have expected. Not only was the girl I talked to when ordering extremely nice, she was helpful in making sure the measurements was right. It came in when they said it would, without having to wait extra time. Mine is a 1-1/2 wide without the stiffener, I thought I needed it, but after talking with her, she said I wouldn't need it. It is stiff enough already, and I see why now.

So for the six weeks I was waiting for the belt to get made and shipped I was looking for a holster that had the loops spread out, as I read that it helps to keep things where they are suppose to be. I looked at many different brands and after sending out messages to people on here (thanks guys, you know who you are) that owned different ones I chose the Pure Custom Black Ops Pro made right here in Arizona. I had messaged back and forth with Rocky on what my concerns werre and found what he was telling me others was too. When I made my mind up I told Rocky what I wanted and he had one in stock, so I drove up the first of last week to Meet Rocky and get my new Holster. Rocky is a great guy and the holster was just what I expected. The workmanship was excellant and it fit my weapon just like it should. Holds in place tight, but when you draw it comes out with a quick pull. No adjustment needed, it is fit exact. Now when I got home and put it on I found I didn't have to carry so far back now. I was carrying at 4:30 - 5, and now at 3:30. The way the holster is made allowed the front part to fit around my hip bone and really holds it nicely in place. Now, the other thing is with my old holster, I could always tell I was carrying being there was a buldge,..
    Nothing people pointed out, but I could see it in the mirror. With the Pure Kustom, it was just is gone,. Not only could I not see it, but with just a tee shirt on a good friend at church last wednesday night asked me why I wasn't carrying. I said I was and he didn't believe me.. Now that is concealed when those that know you carry cannot tell... This holster was comfortable the first day I wore it, and has only gotten more comfortable every day sense. I have to admitt I was hung up on paying the price for it, but it is worth every penny. Between the Beltman belt and Pure Kustom hoslter I feel I have the perfect setup for me. I forget totally I'm carrying,.. This my friends is how CC should be, no different then putting on my phone on my belt. With a lifetime warranty, I'm sure this is the last holster I'll be needing to purchase.

I recommend anyone that is looking to upgrade give Rocky a call. You will not be dissapointed. And I bonus for now is you don't have to wait 6 - 12 months... But I'm sure that is going to change soon as more word get's out what great holsters they are..
    Attached Images

Very nice review! Good luck with your new rig!
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

Rocky is the Man!!! I have actually forgotten that I had the 1911 on several times while wearing this rig...

VIP Member
    Good review...Great looking rig...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Good review. Thanks. A good belt and holster makes all the difference.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Thanks for the GREAT review TucAzRider.

Thanks for the compliment Rob. I really appreciate it.

Links