Defensive Carry banner

just another Mika pocket holster review.

18K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  bobandmikako 
#1 ·
Well I got my Mika pocket holster. I called Robert an asked him if he had a pocket hlster available for a j-frame, and he said he had a gray one, and shipped it the next day.

It arrived in 2 days, and I started using it, the first day of carrying I was self concious and uncomfortable thinking everyone knew I was carrying, but the day after and since then I even forget its there. I have been carrying continuously for a week and its so comfortable, I just wonder why i didnt get this set up before. The holster fits my pocket perfect, and doesnt move around, stays in place when you draw, and the craftsmanship is really good.

I have no other pocket holsters to compare it to, but I think it'll be hard to find another holster that will match it. I rate it at 10 out of 10.

By the way I carry a M&P 340.

#2 ·
I have no other pocket holsters to compare it to, but I think it'll be hard to find another holster that will match it. I rate it at 10 out of 10.
You don't need anything else to compare it to, IMO.

You have the best pocket holster made IME. I love mine. :yup:

Biker

#5 ·
Can you tell me if someone standing behind you in a line at the supermarket, say, can see the J-Frame handle?
If you mean can they see the handle by looking down the top of your pocket, it depends on how deep the pocket is.

If you mean can they see the handle printing through the pocket, it depends on the pants.

So, it all depends...

#8 ·
It is the best value in pocket holsters on the market...BAR NONE.

#9 ·
Not to get sloppy, but I STRONGLY agree that this is the best pocket holster, bar none.

His quality is consistent, prices are outstanding and he stands behind his work. As compared to some other PH products, you can buy TWO Mikas and you've still got lunch money left over!

Kudos to Robert for his great products.

#11 ·
Let me see if I can be clearer this time.

Put your snubby in a front pocket of the pair of pants in question. Tilt the gun forward so the barrel is about straight up and down while you are standing. Raise the gun about 1/4" to compensate for where the holster would raise the gun.

Look at the top of your pocket, or stand with back to a mirror. If you can see the gun, so can anyone else. If you can't, they can't.

As was said, it all depends on what pants you use. Some will conceal, others won't. You can't get a "yes" or "no" answer that will cover every situation.

If you order a Mika holster for a j-frame and don't like it (either round-bottom or square-bottom, either one), I'll buy it from you and pay postage. I have a Mika for my SP-101 and have every intention of getting one or two for a j-frame.

If you don't want to try pocket carry, that's fine. But you are short-changing yourself if you don't try it because you can't get an iron-clad guarantee that it won't show in every situation.

P.S. This post refers to front-pocket carry only. I wouldn't recommend carrying a snub in the back pocket because of the bulk of the gun. Some may do it, but I'm not even interested in trying it. For most rear pockets, yes, the gun will be visible if someone is near you because most rear pockets aren't deep enough to hide a revolver.

#18 ·
How long did it take everyone to get their Mika pocket holster?? I ordered mine and Paypaled it back in febuary , emailed back in May and said it would be about 10 days until he got to the orders placed when mine was. We are now in July and no holster. Are they still in business?

#20 ·
I ordered a square cut & round cut for a J frame 3/28/09 and received 7/15/09.

Im wearing the round cut now. In the right pair of cargo shorts, this is very nice on a Houston summer day.

I did inquire once with an email & received a response right away.

Worth the wait for me.

m

#23 ·
+1 on all the Mika praise....I've use one every single day. I love it. I've got three or four (square and round cut for two different size revolvers), and they do the job at a super bargain price.

DeSantis's Nemises is pretty good, and there's nothing wrong with a plain-jane Uncle Mike's, either.

But I've been the most pleased and impressed with Mika.

#25 ·
I've carried my j-frame in a Mika all day yesterday (gym shorts while painting the house) and today (cargo shorts while the movers packed my stuff).

The best holster for the money. I think that all small gun owners must have a pocket holster; at some point you'll need one. Mika is the best you can get, and very affordable.:yup:

My two pennies...

#26 ·
For sure, avoid Mika Pocket Holsters. I had a crappy experience with them. I paid for one two months ago and never got it. I reached out to them 3x to ask about my order (using Facebook, email, and their website contact system) and was flatly ignored. They are simply taking my money and not sending a product. Don't buy Mika!

#28 ·
I love my Mika holster. Fits in my jean pocket just fine with the S&W Airweight 642. Have tried other holsters, but always go back to the Mika. Bought it several years ago, and haven't thought about it lately. Wondering if he is still in business. I was told he is a retired LEO, and know from my experience with him, he said if it didn't work for me, to give it away, no need to return.
NOW, tell me where is there another holster maker that will make that kind of offer!!!!!!!!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
USAF RETIRED

#31 ·
I agree. I have several holsters from Mr Mika and have to say this is the first I have ever heard of his service being less than stellar. Each time I have ordered I have quickly gotten an email or call confirming my order. The last time I placed an order for a 43. A few weeks later I decided I wanted to carry my 26 and Mr Mika quickly confirmed I could change my order. Then the next day I came to admit the 26 was not going to work and changed it back. Mr Mika did not once reply anything short of top notch even though I was whishy washy. I will eventually order one for my 26. Again I'm surprised. All I have ever read from customers shows expierence similar to mine. Great communication, great service and a great product at a great price. I'm sure he will take care of you.

#32 ·
I've had my Mika pocket holster for several years. When I placed the order he was running behind and it took over 2 months to receive it. It was worth the wait. As most others have said, it doesn't look like much, but it sure does work! I hope nothing bad has happened to him because he always used to answer emails that were legitimate questions.

#34 ·
I last ordered from him about 6 months ago and it took about 3 months, which he had stated up front. I spoke to him on the phone twice. The OP refers to "they" and "them" but unless something changed recently, Robert Mika's shop is a one-man operation. He's always been very responsive and a very nice guy. I hope everything is okay. His correct phone number is on his Facebook page. I'd try calling before bashing a long-standing small business with a great reputation on an internet forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.