just another Mika pocket holster review.

This is a discussion on just another Mika pocket holster review. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I got my Mika pocket holster. I called Robert an asked him if he had a pocket hlster available for a j-frame, and he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just another Mika pocket holster review.

just another Mika pocket holster review.

Well I got my Mika pocket holster. I called Robert an asked him if he had a pocket hlster available for a j-frame, and he said he had a gray one, and shipped it the next day.

It arrived in 2 days, and I started using it, the first day of carrying I was self concious and uncomfortable thinking everyone knew I was carrying, but the day after and since then I even forget its there. I have been carrying continuously for a week and its so comfortable, I just wonder why i didnt get this set up before. The holster fits my pocket perfect, and doesnt move around, stays in place when you draw, and the craftsmanship is really good.

I have no other pocket holsters to compare it to, but I think it'll be hard to find another holster that will match it. I rate it at 10 out of 10.

By the way I carry a M&P 340.

2. Remove Ads

I have no other pocket holsters to compare it to, but I think it'll be hard to find another holster that will match it. I rate it at 10 out of 10.
    You don't need anything else to compare it to, IMO.

You have the best pocket holster made IME. I love mine.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    You don't need anything else to compare it to, IMO.

You have the best pocket holster made IME. I love mine.

Biker
    +100 to that
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I haven't used a Mika (or anybody else's) pocket holster. Can you tell me if someone standing behind you in a line at the supermarket, say, can see the J-Frame handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalk View Post
    Can you tell me if someone standing behind you in a line at the supermarket, say, can see the J-Frame handle?
    If you mean can they see the handle by looking down the top of your pocket, it depends on how deep the pocket is.

If you mean can they see the handle printing through the pocket, it depends on the pants.

So, it all depends...

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    If you mean can they see the handle by looking down the top of your pocket, it depends on how deep the pocket is.

If you mean can they see the handle printing through the pocket, it depends on the pants.

So, it all depends...
    Grady,
    You have hit the nail on the head. Pocket carry is all about cut of trousers and size of pocket.
    Randy

I haven't used a Mika (or anybody else's) pocket holster. Can you tell me if someone standing behind you in a line at the supermarket, say, can see the J-Frame handle?
    Can see? Only you can decide that...

Should see? No!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It is the best value in pocket holsters on the market...BAR NONE.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Not to get sloppy, but I STRONGLY agree that this is the best pocket holster, bar none.

His quality is consistent, prices are outstanding and he stands behind his work. As compared to some other PH products, you can buy TWO Mikas and you've still got lunch money left over!

Kudos to Robert for his great products.

Okay, thanks. I'll skip a pocket holster since I can't know in advance if the grip will be visible from behind. Thanks again.

Okay, thanks. I'll skip a pocket holster since I can't know in advance if the grip will be visible from behind. Thanks again.
    Let me see if I can be clearer this time.

Put your snubby in a front pocket of the pair of pants in question. Tilt the gun forward so the barrel is about straight up and down while you are standing. Raise the gun about 1/4" to compensate for where the holster would raise the gun.

Look at the top of your pocket, or stand with back to a mirror. If you can see the gun, so can anyone else. If you can't, they can't.

As was said, it all depends on what pants you use. Some will conceal, others won't. You can't get a "yes" or "no" answer that will cover every situation.

If you order a Mika holster for a j-frame and don't like it (either round-bottom or square-bottom, either one), I'll buy it from you and pay postage. I have a Mika for my SP-101 and have every intention of getting one or two for a j-frame.

If you don't want to try pocket carry, that's fine. But you are short-changing yourself if you don't try it because you can't get an iron-clad guarantee that it won't show in every situation.

P.S. This post refers to front-pocket carry only. I wouldn't recommend carrying a snub in the back pocket because of the bulk of the gun. Some may do it, but I'm not even interested in trying it. For most rear pockets, yes, the gun will be visible if someone is near you because most rear pockets aren't deep enough to hide a revolver.

You cant see it on mine, I use levis, wranglers, and 5.11 jeans all are relaxed fit, and you could not see into my pocket from the rear, I also use my shirts untucked to. the 5.11 jeans are extremely good quality but the pockets are shallower, and the gun pocket is in the wrong spot, I thought I could use my j-frame there but I was wrong, you cant sit down without it bothering you.

Ron
    Thought I would just add that I have pocket carried a J frame revolver, model 642, in a Mika pocket holster for several years now, both the round and square cut, depending upon what I was wearing, docker style and cargo style shorts and pants, and dress pants and have never had an issue with the grip being visible to anyone unless they know that I was carrying and made a deliberate effort to try and look down my pocket.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I tried the Mika pocket holster, but found it too bulky, and I don't use it.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thank you - those explanations are much clearer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links