supertuck vs qwikclip?

This is a discussion on supertuck vs qwikclip? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to buy a crossbreed holster, but am torn between the supertuck and the qwickclip. I have read alot about the supertuck but not ...

Thread: supertuck vs qwikclip?

supertuck vs qwikclip?

I want to buy a crossbreed holster, but am torn between the supertuck and the qwickclip. I have read alot about the supertuck but not much about the qwickclip. I will be carrying a xd-40sc. I also live in Florida and wear shorts most of the time, i'm 5'11 and about 225. If anyone has any suggestions on which holster to get I would appreciate it. Also is the supertuck easy to get on and off.

2. Remove Ads

I just got my MiniTuck (same thing as the SuperTuck only smaller) for my Ruger LCP. I have been wearing it for a week now and I LOVE IT! After a couple days of wearing it to break it in, I can hardly tell its there. Sometimes I have to reach down and feel that its still there.

The Crossbreed Holsters aren't cheap but well worth it in my opinion. I have tried different holsters before and didn't like them. I debated for a while if spending more money for the Crossbreed would be worth it. Just get the good one the first time, which is the Crossbreed.

I'm 5'10" and 245 (not fat, work out alot) and the holster is very comfortable conceals well. I would recommend the horsehide material as it resists moisture and sweat better than cowhide.

As to your question regarding whether to choose a Qwik Clip or a SuperTuck, here's what Craig of Crossbreed Holsters told me because I had the same question before buying: If you carry everyday all day, get the SuperTuck (In my case, the minituck). If you only carry occasionally and just want to carry to the grocery store and back, get the Qwik Clip. My MiniTuck (Same thing as the SuperTuck only smaller) is very easy to put on and take off.

Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever you choose! You wont be sorry ordering from Crossbreed.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Super Tuck all the way. While I don't have the Quick Clip, I do have an early version of his SOB which is similar in that it only has one clip. It will rotate where the Supertuck won't. 2 clips > 1 clip IMHO.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Considering a Supertuck myself. Thanks for the question and the answers.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Ok, I carry an XD90sc (same frame size as the 40) in the Supertuck. Personally, I think the gun in question would benefit from having two clips.

Is it easy to get on and off? Off--yes. Justy unclip the clips from the bottom of belt and pull the whole enchilada out. On-no. For me, putting it on requires having belt unbuckled and pants unbottoned.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I have a supertuck and love it. Ive also been eyeing the quick clip for those times when i have to disarm alot and leave in a vehicle. Ill be watching this thread.

Links