The Brown Truck Cometh.... (a package from "Christmas Central")

The Brown Truck Cometh.... (a package from "Christmas Central")

This is a discussion on The Brown Truck Cometh.... (a package from "Christmas Central") within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So UPS stops in front of the house this morning. I'm sitting in the kitchen, surfing the 'net, and greet the driver at the door. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Brown Truck Cometh.... (a package from "Christmas Central")

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Thumbs up The Brown Truck Cometh.... (a package from "Christmas Central")

So UPS stops in front of the house this morning. I'm sitting in the kitchen, surfing the 'net, and greet the driver at the door.

Package with my name... from "Christmas Central". WT? I know I've ordered a few things in the past week, most are expected Priority Mail (Smart Carry tomorrow or Friday I think). But "Christmas Central"?

I bought my Glock 26 over 10 years ago, when they first came out (got one of the first 5 in the Detroit area, trust me, I was bugging all the shops, got one from the first store to get a delivery). Bought it as a pocket gun, but was disappointed at how "blocky and bulky" it was for that. Still carried it quite a bit various ways, and it's a great little gun, but I found myself carrying the G-19 more often, as it concealed and carried almost as easily, with half again the fire power.

I eventually got the Kahr PM-9 as a pocket 9mm, very happy with it. It was everything I'd hoped the 26 would be (in my left front pocket as I write this...). But that 26 needed to have a niche too.

Recently, I saw the thread about Tom Kulwicki carrying on the business with Alessi Holsters, was VERY glad to see the business did not pass on with Lou. I'd always wanted an Alessi rig...

Going to their web site, I noted every holster shown on the front page was a lefty. Hmm... I wonder if they've got anything in stock left handed for any firearm I own?

Gave them a call only to find that production hasn't really quite begun, they are still setting up after having moved in. I'm assured they'll be churning out holsters very soon.

I asked about anything lefty, and the lady on the phone went to check the wall... When she returns, I learn that there is a left handed ankle holster for the Glock 26! I got off the phone, thought for about one minute ( ) and called back to say I'd take it! Expensive, yes, but also I've seen many claim these are the best ankle holsters out there (nearly snagged a used lefty Galco Ankle Glove about 18 months ago on ArfCom, been kicking myself over that since... great use of the 26's size and capacity!).

So today, for the last 4 hours or so, I've been wearing a brand new Alessi ankle rig with my Glock 26 on my inside right ankle. I've been wearing it with NO SOCKS today so far, and it's comfortable as all get out! I have to get used to the weight a bit, but that's already passing. I've run up and down the basement steps several times. Went out to the back yard to check on one of the dogs, walked around the house quite a bit...

When I first opened the box, I was awed at the beauty of this piece of work. I don't know if it was built by Tom, or Lou. Could go either way I'm sure. I inserted the unloaded 26 into it and it took only a gentle push, yet feels secure. The draw I practiced several times is smooth (the ankle aspect is different and will require some more practice, but the draw of the gun from the holster is very smooth). I loaded it up and practiced the draw slowly a few more times, increasing speed as I went. Finally, I chambered a round and practiced just a couple more times (finger off trigger at all times of course!).

This thing is cool. And I hardly ever go without socks. They should make it even more comfortable. I think the 26 will see a whole lot more action for the foreseeable future! And with the PM-9 in my pocket, I am doubly covered, sitting or standing. Might even throw a 1911 on the belt just for kicks . Then there's the small pouch Smart Carry arriving in the next could days...

BTW, note to Tom. I like the return addy of Christmas Central. Very fitting. I'd keep it if I were you.

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    That is a thing of BEAUTY!

Have fun with it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Nice looking holster, but I can't imagine walking (or worse, running) with a Glock-26 on my ankle. I guess you can learn to work with anything.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Man, what a stroke of luck! Since you say they haven't actually started production yet, that means your holster is one of the last ones made on Lou's watch. It doesn't matter if Lou himself actually made it or not (though it would be nice), it's still a genuine first generation Alessi. Congrats!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Can we see pictures of it on. I'm with the rest - very nice work.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Christmas in July? Cool!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Thank God Alessi Holster is right around the corner from me. This is both a blessing and a curse if you know what I mean.

They do have remaining inventory in stock from their former location so if there is anything you may need just give Tom a call, he may have your holster ready to deliver.

Alessi Gun Holsters

~Siafu

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Thanks all, it's far better than I'd imagined as to the wearing.

RetSupt, it only felt weird for the first 90 minutes or so. Hardly noticed it since. I put some socks on an hour ago, and it's even more comfy.

Went out and played with the dog a bit, ran a few errands (didn't notice it at all when driving, except when I contemplated the draw while in a vehicle- which would be far easier than in other cases).

Smotta, can't do the pics today, but I'll try to post some on the ankle (covered and not) tomorrow.

Ram Rod, Christmas in July? Should'a used that for the post title!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Very Nice Rig!!! Congrats
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Sweet. I thought about a 26 or 27 just so I could get an Alessi ankle rig. Buddy of mine that is an FBI agent uses one for his G27 everyday. Most comfortable/secure ankle rig that I have put on.

Jealous to the max.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

They are top quality rigs for sure.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Thanks - can't wait to see them.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Thanks T-Bone!

We'll keep the shipping name "Christmas Central ..... your rig was one of the first we made in our new facility, thanks for the great pics...... if you ever get to the Buffalo area, please stop by, the coffee is always on!

Tom

Im drooling....
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links