Follow-up re: Bluegrass Holsters - Praise for Desbiens Gunleather

This is a discussion on Follow-up re: Bluegrass Holsters - Praise for Desbiens Gunleather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For any of you that saw my post about my struggles from Bluegrass Holsters I thought I would do a quick follow-up... http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...u-proceed.html I did ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For any of you that saw my post about my struggles from Bluegrass Holsters I thought I would do a quick follow-up...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...u-proceed.html

I did indeed receive my refund a few days after my post and consider the matter with Brock at Bluegrass a learning experience.

======

During that time, I rec'd many PM's from members with their opinions and suggestions on how to best deal with the Bluegrass situation. However, one poster in particular - Slimjim - supplied a list of 3 holster makers that he held in high regard. After viewing all three I decided to order from Desbiens Gunleather. Home

Folks, words can't describe how happy I am right now. I "officially" gave Rhome the go-ahead on June 30 and....MY HOLSTER ARRIVED TODAY!!!! Today is only July 9 and realize that also includes the time to ship from California to Ohio!!!

Honestly the whole experience with Bluegrass left me a bit jaded. I really wasn't sure if I wanted to gamble on another custom holster maker - nor did I want to endure more waiting for a "Milt Sparks" or something similar. Please take my advice that Rhome is a true professional and I couldn't be happier about my final decision to order from him. His communication is top notch, and his final product is outstanding. Quality stitching, great looking leather - just a really well put together product overall.

Here is a pic from his site: http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/im...L_Pics_012.jpg

So, in closing I have to give Rhome a little plug here. He truly cares about his customers and his reputation. A person that conducts business as he does deserves all the praise and business someone like me can throw his way.

THANK YOU RHOME!!!

You've made me a happy customer for life!

Quote Originally Posted by SwollenGoat View Post
    I did indeed receive my refund a few days after my post and consider the matter with Brock at Bluegrass a learning experience.
    At least you got a refund, so that puts him much, much higher on the integrity queue than the folks at Rafter S. We who have ordered from them are receiving a "learning experience" of a different kind.

It's a recurring theme with these one man shops, where they take on too many orders, then run into manufacturing or supply difficulties and next thing you know, no one has a holster for 6 months. I guess the allure of the CC payment up front is too difficult to resist. Then at that point, the field is divided into two tiers: those vendors who offer refunds (Bluegrass) or eventually make good (HBE), vs the thieves who will cling to your money to the end (Rafter S).

After having had orders from one man shops: HBE (he eventually made good, and seems much more consistent with promised delivery times today -- would order from him again); Bulman (shined me on with inaccurate delivery promise, was hard to reach, BUT did eventually get product -- unsure if I'd order again...maybe I would if time was no issue), and Rafter S (sooner would I rot in hell than send them another penny), I have learned my lesson:

1. Never order from a place which has not established customer service bona fides. I understand this means I won't order from the new guy on the block, but life is too short to deal with BS.

2. Never order from a place that charges your CC right away. Luckily, all the places with established rep don't do that anyway.

Thank You very much Swollen G., I am more than happy to try and accomodate anyone. As I've stated before, little sleep means making more holsters, well it works for me anyway.
    I hope all had a nice 4th. Now back to work for me !!
    By the way, you only pay when your order is ready to ship, I do not require advance payment in 98% of orders.

Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Beautiful holster! Visual shades of Brommeland, which is a complement. But he has had more than his share of delivery issues also. It's a fine line to walk!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

EW3
    Your experience with Bluegrass does stink, but don't let that turn you off to custom makers forever!

I've ordered several holsters from Nate at UBG Holsters and he has always come through with a top-notch product and in the time promised.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Your experience with Bluegrass does stink, but don't let that turn you off to custom makers forever!
    LOL, quite the contrary. I was so pleased with the M&P holster from Rhome I just ordered another one for my J-frame S&W airweight. Oh well, never can have too many holsters, right?

Rhome made me a slightly modified IWB #4 for my G27. Truly a great custom experience, maker and holster.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

JD
    Administrator
    I give Rhome

Administrator
    Ditto JD - Rhome is a super talented custom holster maker.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I don't know anything about Bluegrass, but I have nothing but kind words for Rhome. Talented Maker, and a hell of a nice guy. It's a dandy combination.

VIP Member
    I agree, Rhome is excellent to deal with and his holsters are very nice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Ordering from a new maker isn't the problem - it's ordering from the new maker after the article appears in a gun magazine!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

I hear you.............

It's a recurring theme with these one man shops, where they take on too many orders, then run into manufacturing or supply difficulties and next thing you know, no one has a holster for 6 months.

I've always wondered about these small shops. Surely if their product is in such high demand they could increase their workforce. I know outfits like DelFatti, Brigade and Milt Sparks turn out masterpieces but there's bound to be dozens of talented craftsman who could maintain their standards and help speed things up by increasing production. This would speed up delivery, boost their reputation, increase business and PROFIT (hint, hint).
    Last edited by automatic slim; July 10th, 2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Galco took your hint and is now a factory assembly line. I'll stick with the wait for the true craftsmen.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Brock ripped me off last year on a holster deal I made with him. I had a few Alessi holsters and he told me that the late Mr. Alessi (RIP) gave him permission to use a design of his. However he wanted an actual Alessi holster to use as a base. In exchange he told me that he would give me an actual carry rig. This was to include a belt, holster, and double mag pouch. So I mailed my Alessi out and when I called him about it, I was informed it did not arrive. It had gotten lost in the mail. Unfortunately I was an idiot and did not get insurance as I have never had another problem with the USPS. But he never called or emailed me asking where the holster was. So I am out a holster but I did gain experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links