Alessi ankle rig, pics when worn

This is a discussion on Alessi ankle rig, pics when worn within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Member requested to see pics of my new Alessi ankle holster being worn. Finally got around to shooting, resizing and uploading them today (a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alessi ankle rig, pics when worn

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Alessi ankle rig, pics when worn

A Member requested to see pics of my new Alessi ankle holster being worn. Finally got around to shooting, resizing and uploading them today (a day late- sorry!).

Which leg is it? Standard cut Wrangler jeans here, nothin' fancy. Might be wearing them a bit low due to the "spare tire" that needs to be burned off.

Leg propped on a chair so I can still shoot the camera...

The Glock 26 revealed. I know it looks like the holster is riding on the shoe, but it's really not. The holster stays put very well, even without shoes (or even socks!) it doesn't migrate downward as I'd been concerned it might.

Again, not riding on the shoe (it's mostly camera angle). I can run a finger completely around the bottom without moving the leather of either (it'll touch both, but not disturb them). Properly worn, it is both comfortable and secure (no flopping, the other concern I had). I wore it for about 11 hours on day one (several without socks) and more than 12 hours on day two.

Repeating the shots from the initial post in case you missed it...

Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Is it hard to access? I guessing it's your BUG.

I kinda like the thought of that as my main carry cause I am getting agitated by my IWB now that its hot out and I also seem to be drinking more beer which is making me blow up!

Administrator

Thumbs up

The Alessi is the best ankle rig out there.

BTW & just FYI for anybody thinking about getting one.

The EMPTY ankle holster should be put on first and then the firearm inserted so that the holster will be properly tight.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Are you left handed?
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    Is it hard to access? I guessing it's your BUG.

I kinda like the thought of that as my main carry cause I am getting agitated by my IWB now that its hot out and I also seem to be drinking more beer which is making me blow up!
    Really, no. In certain situations (seated or in a vehicle), it may be easier to access than a more conventional carry (YMMV there).

The draw is something that requires practice (still working on it), and for a standing situation, my normal IWB set up is definitely faster. Probably always will be. But this rig adds a lot of versatility to the "dress around the gun" thing (I almost never wear shorts unless I'm scuba diving or swimming). And being an ultra reliable med. capacity 9mm, it can serve as either primary or backup.

Having had it only two days, that role has reversed several times. Day one saw this on the ankle and the PM9 in a pocket (holster), so if seated the Glock was primary, if standing the PM9 was. Day two (yesterday) saw the arrival of a new Smart Carry (with PM9 so far being the only gun I've tried there), and due to my gut and inexperience with the Smart Carry, the Glock on the ankle is now primary (if I were a LEO or other "heightened risk" situation, I would not venture out with both of these two new less familiar rigs, one at a time would be the rule, with a more familiar method as primary).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Are you left handed?
    Yup.
    Regards, T Bone.

My question is, what happens when you sit down. I'm thinking an ankle rig would force you to stand up all the time, or you'll expose your weapon.

Does anyone have, or could anyone take, pictures while sitting with an ankle rig on? I am interested in one, not sure if my Sigma would be too big to do on the ankle though.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

If you check the second picture above, I am standing with my right foot propped up on a kitchen chair, giving my knee about a 90 degree bend. This places me in roughly the same situation as sitting (looking at my feet sitting here, the hem of my jeans may actually be lower).

Of course it will depend on your pants/slacks, how long they are and how large the opening is at the ankle. You don't want to have them dragging on the ground, but should be able to wear them long enough not to expose the rig when seated.
    Regards, T Bone.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    If you check the second picture above, I am standing with my right foot propped up on a kitchen chair, giving my knee about a 90 degree bend. This places me in roughly the same situation as sitting (looking at my feet sitting here, the hem of my jeans may actually be lower).
    For some reason that didn't click until you said it, I guess deep in my noggin I assumed you were simply standing on your furniture.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I carry in an ankle rig and sitting is no problem, nothing is revealed. Maybe I wear my pants an extra 2 inches longer than most people, though.

It also helps to pull your sock up around the ankle holster after the gun is inserted.

Just did a test with the trousers I am wearing. Boot cut dress trousers. Trousers sit on the top of my boots when standing (cannot be any longer without wrinkles). Trousers "raise" six inches when I sit. I do not see how these ankle holsters cannot show when sitting. If I were to install the holster above my boots, the 6" raise would not reveal the holster, but that is not an ideal location.

Looks interesting for a BUG or hideout gun. Thanks for the pics. Personally, any carry rig I choose will have to enable me to draw while I am moving.

I can only imagine the predicament I would find myself in if I tried to draw from an ankle holster while running for my life over rough terrain at night.

VIP Member
    It's backward!

Seriously, it is the best ankle rig made... nice choice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks! I was the one who asked. That really looks great. Nice set up
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Thats a slick set up
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links