Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

This is a discussion on Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are a number of threads about Bluegrass holsters recently that seem to be summarized as a quality product, with "ify" customer service so I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters

There are a number of threads about Bluegrass holsters recently that seem to be summarized as a quality product, with "ify" customer service so I thought I would an update on my experience thus far on the hybrid side.

I made my choice between the M-Tac and the Bluegrass based on the apparent workmanship on the holsters and the 2 recommendation that have been posted on this site.

I ordered the holster on 6/25 and the site said their goal was to get the holster to the customer in 14 days. I was charged for the holster on 6/29 and assumed that is should be going out soon. Today being 15 days out and since I hadn't seen anything I gave them a call and was told that it should go out NEXT FRIDAY!!!

When I voiced my frustration I was told he would refund my money if I wanted. As of right now I still would prefer this holster but I thought I would share my experience.

2. Remove Ads

Should have called Rocky at Pure Kustoms,. IMO..

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I am often surprised at the number of folks who read the horror stories of poor customer service, and in some cases downright fraud, and yet order from the maker.

No one is so good that I would put up with that, or buy when I read so many posts of experiences with such makers.

Thanks for the post, and maybe it will help someone who is on the verge of taking a chance with Brock.

Regards,
    Jerry

EW3
    Should have ordered a Crossbreed SuperTuck...
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Buckeye View Post
    There are a number of threads about Bluegrass holsters recently that seem to be summarized as a quality product, with "ify" customer service so I thought I would an update on my experience thus far on the hybrid side.

I made my choice between the M-Tac and the Bluegrass based on the apparent workmanship on the holsters and the 2 recommendation that have been posted on this site.

I ordered the holster on 6/25 and the site said their goal was to get the holster to the customer in 14 days. I was charged for the holster on 6/29 and assumed that is should be going out soon. Today being 15 days out and since I hadn't seen anything I gave them a call and was told that it should go out NEXT FRIDAY!!!

When I voiced my frustration I was told he would refund my money if I wanted. As of right now I still would prefer this holster but I thought I would share my experience.
    My wife and I have bought three hybrid holsters from Comp-tac in the past month - three separate orders. In every case, the we got an automated response to the order, followed another email giving us an estimated time to ship our order. The promised ship date has varied from 8 to 11 days from when we ordered.

In all three cases, our orders shipped BEFORE the promised date. In the most recent case, we actually had the holster in our hands before the promised ship date.

We have a fair number of holsters we've bought from Comp-tac - at least one kydex paddle holster for each handgun, and now three hybrid holsters as well. The M-Tac is the most comfortable IWB holster we've tried. We haven't had a single problem with them.

I'd suggest that you get your money back, asap, from Bluegrass. Order an M-Tac from Comp-Tac, or if you prefer, a supertuck from Crossbreed. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the quality of products from either of them.

I'd call back and get your money. Next Friday isn't going to happen either....

Member Array Bluegrass Holsters's Avatar
    Hi Ron...

As I stated to you on the phone, we "strive" for two week turnaround...that does not mean that we are able to make that time frame completely in all cases. My apologies for not being able to satisfy you completely.

I have refunded your money and you can get a holster that makes you happy.

Take care

Brock

As of right now I still would prefer this holster but I thought I would share my experience.
    I told you on the phone and in my post that I wanted your holster... now I don't thanks for the proactive service!

Based on a number of posts on this site, I ordered the Bluegrass Hybrid holster with a belt on 5/28/09. My card was charged shortly after the order was placed and that was clearly indicated on the website. I don't care for this approach but, that is the way he has chosen to do business. Having owned a retail establishment before, I can understand why someone would insist on a deposit as I have been stiffed before. The holster lead time was stated to be about 14 days and the belt was about 30 days. The holster and belt arrived on 6/22/09 so one was a little longer than stated and the other a little shorter. I was shorted the velcro clips and an email to Brock took care of that within about a week. He also followed up to make sure I got the clips.

As far as quality and workmanship, the BG holster is excellent and is a good value. I am still getting used to an IWB holster and tweaking on the right position so I am sure the comfort will get there eventually. I am not disappointed and the BG Hybrid was worth the wait for me.

Thanks Brock...

Products
    1 x Minotaur MTAC Holster
    - Make: Glock
    - Model: 19/23/32
    - Shooter handed: Right
    - Belt Width: 1.5 inch
    - Clip: Black Standard Clips $80.00
    2 x Single Mag Pouches
    - Make: Glock
    - Model: 19/23/32
    - Belt Width: 1.5 inch
    - Color: Black
    - Placement:: Left Side Carry (Right Hand Shooter) $56.00

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
    Hi Ron...

As I stated to you on the phone, we "strive" for two week turnaround...that does not mean that we are able to make that time frame completely in all cases. My apologies for not being able to satisfy you completely.

I have refunded your money and you can get a holster that makes you happy.

Take care

Brock
    So far the order has been cancelled but no money has been returned...

MTAC.
    Keep your powder dry

So far the order has been cancelled but no money has been returned...
    FWIW - I was the "OP" in a few of the other Bluegrass threads. I eventually did get my money reunded after a few days - I think it all boils down to how quickly the banks process refunds. Give it 3-4 working days.

*At least your situation was take care of relatively quickly.
    (Mine stretched out over 8 months.)

Well I surly understand some of your frustrations with your orders, but I am one of the ones that had a good experience with Bluegrass Hybrid. I ordered my holster for my M&P 9c on 6/8/09 and I received it on 7/10/09. This holster is worth the wait in my opinion. I have 2 Crossbreed Supertucks, 1 Comptac CTAC, and now this Bluegrass Ghost Hybrid IWB. I got the horsehide front & back. I haven't wore this holster enough yet to really break it in and give a true comparison to the supertucks, but so far I like it. This holster is definitely finished better than the supertucks. Check out the stiching and edge finish. The supertuck is a great holster, but so is this one. I contacted Brock twice about my order and he responded right back to me on both occasions. Maybe I got lucky, but I had no problems with him at all. Here are a few of pics of my holster.

I also bought the Kydex and Leather Combination belt attachments. Here is a pic with them on.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I told you on the phone and in my post that I wanted your holster... now I don't thanks for the proactive service!
    I simply do not understand why so many of you come here and post your "bashing" comments on Bluegrass Holsters when you simply don't get your product immediately when you expect it.

You place an order already knowing delivery times may be extended, then before you even come to an agreement or settlement with BGH you post a harsh and very negative review of the service you feel you received. So what if it takes a week more than you expected? His site states their "goal", read that . . . GOAL, is 14 days on a hybrid holster. No where does he say its "guaranteed".

I personally know that Brock's orders have skyrocketed lately due to his quality of design and outstanding price for that quality. There are so many guns out there that need holsters. Occasionally, manufacturers run out of the materials they need to finish a product due to overwhelming demand.

I don't even hear this kind of trash about the ammunition situation! This is a holster for God's sake. A quality piece of equipment not something that is stamped out of trash leather and low quality kydex.

Before I ordered my BGH Mason Dixon I spoke with Brock on the phone for nearly two hours. He took a lot of time discussing his current production and future ideas he had. Very personable and friendly was he.

You guys need to get off his back and let him go to work doing what he does a very good job of doing. He has spent a lot of time, money and energy designing his new holsters and, with a bit of patience, you will be rewarded.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links