Now I just need a belt

This is a discussion on Now I just need a belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally decided and I will be ordering a CBST, and figured I will need a gun belt since I don't own one. I saw ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I just need a belt

Now I just need a belt

I finally decided and I will be ordering a CBST, and figured I will need a gun belt since I don't own one. I saw some pics of the crossbreed belt and it looks so thick. Are all gun belts this thick and does it make for an uncomfortable fit? Any suggestions on anything else. How are the wilderness belts?

2. Remove Ads

I've got a belt I use when carrying I picked up for about $12 at Target 8 years ago. Single, solid piece of leather with a metal buckle. It's about 3/16" thick and works well. Was not advertised as a gun belt. I'm a fat dude (i.e. 'thick' or 'husky') and the belt doesn't stretch.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I heartily recommend spending the money on a true gun belt. Yes, it will be thick, but I wear my double-width Beltman bullhide all the time and find it to be amazingly comfortable; it also really helps carry the weight of a gun and holster. It also adds to stability and makes your gun more secure.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

+1 for dropping the bucks for a good gun belt. I also have a beltman belt. A good gunbelt is going to be thicker than your ordinary dress/casual belt. I went with the beltman horsehide with 7 holes. If ordering from beltman or other online belt makers, be sure to follow their instructions for measuring.

Ive got a crossbreed belt and love it. It is thick but you dont notice when its on. I wear mine everyday even when not carrying. Id say go for it.

I'm new to carrying IWB, carried a 1911 government OWB for 5 months and I wish I had a quality belt then for sure. I would say if it is a heavy gun definately get a good belt, don't know yet about with a lighter gun. Many on here and other forums repeatedly say that a good belt makes even the cheapest holster good.

Joker1

I only can give my 2cents in since I had it for a day. Wilderness 3 stitch, I was going to get the 5 stitch but they were out. So far, its holding my heavy gun well. I have a Sig P245. the belt holds the gun tight to my side and it was 35.00. I had it on now for 15 hrs stright and seems great.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I bought a nice leather belt from Georgia Boot at my local sporting goods store ... 1 1/2 inches wide, around $18. It made a world of difference.

I've got a Crossbreed belt and a belt from a local leather shop. Both are excellent. Definitely recommend a nice leather belt designed for carrying a gun. The support is much different.

As far as thickness of the belt goes, both of my belts are 1.5" wide and can be worn with my slacks for work, so the thickness isn't an issue.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

If you are concerned about thickness, get a Liger belt. They are rigid and don't stretch, but they are thin and look good.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I just ordered a belt from crossbreed since thats where my holster is coming from. I think I will also get a wilderness for more casual days.

Spend the money and get a good gun belt Beltman, Crossbreed. Comp-tac, Wilderness.... you can't believe the difference a good gun belt will make.

I use a Wilderness Instructors belt for jeans/casual and a Gunners Alley 1.25" (made by Beltman I have heard) for more dressed up times. Both are rigid and exceedingly comfortable. Gun Holsters and Shooting Accessories at Discounted Prices they sell both.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

My beltman is in the mail and on the way. And it shipped early! Its been less than a month in the making.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

I personally like the 5.11 stiff nylon belts, easy to wear with anything and adjustable.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links