Deep concealment at it's best

This is a discussion on Deep concealment at it's best within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shared on another thread about not being able to tell if my wife was carrying one day when I was telling a friend about ...

Thread: Deep concealment at it's best

Deep concealment at it's best

I shared on another thread about not being able to tell if my wife was carrying one day when I was telling a friend about our concealed permits. I looked at her, knowing exactly where the gun would be and finally had to ask her if she was carrying.

She was...SmartCarry with an XD sc 9. Love the design, don't love the customer service, but that's another story.

With her SmartCarry she has even gone swing dancing.

My story was shared on the same thread about a friend at work asking if I was carrying. I wear slacks with a tucked in dress shirt for work. He couldn't find the gun on me. And I don't pull half the shirt out to cover the gun butt. I prefer my shirts tucked more on the snug side.

The work of the Crossbreed Supertuck. It doesn't get any better than being able to go all day with a tucked in shirt for work and no one the wiser.

You know it's quality design when someone else KNOWS the gun is there and can't figure out where it might be.

Thank you Mark. And a plug for your EXCELLENT customer service. I bent one of my metal clips, made a phone call thinking I was going to have to pay for new ones, but NO. They just sent them out, no questions asked. And they sent 2. Which I'm grateful for, because I bent another one only a couple days later...but I did figure out why I was bending them, so hopefully that will be the end of my problems.

If you are wondering...I wear my gun at 7:30 (lefty) and I bent the forward clip getting into my car. It snagged on my drivers seat. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. GI JOE!!!
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

2. Remove Ads

Supertuck FTW! I love mine. Im looking at trying a smart carry to.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Yep, I have an MTAC (it is a similar design to the supertuck) and I have to say that these hybrid IWB holsters are great for concealment. My little brother knows I carry a gun and the other day I asked him if he thought I was carrying...he said yes but only because he knows I always do, otherwise he'd never guess I was.

Love the MTAC
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

SmartCarry and MTAC are my 2 favorite holsters. Closely followed by a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. With these 3 holsters I can carry anytime and anywhere. I highly recommend these products.
    Question Everything!

My deep concealment, at its worst! :P

Quote Originally Posted by coriantan View Post
    Thank you Mark. And a plug for your EXCELLENT customer service. I bent one of my metal clips, made a phone call thinking I was going to have to pay for new ones, but NO. They just sent them out, no questions asked. And they sent 2.
    I carry using a Blackhawk! Level 2 SERPA, and after a few years of flexing the paddle to remove it from my pants, the paddle attachment finally cracked and broke. Anyone who carries a SERPA on the paddle attachment should know what I am talking about.

I called Blackhawk! customer service, and I told them what had happened, and how old the holster was. The lady I spoke with was the BEST! She said "Oh, no problem! I'll mail a new one right out. Is there anything else you need?"

At the time, I also had a thigh platform that could hold the SERPA holster, and two accessory rails for spare magazine pouches, but nobody seemed to sell the rails for it. I asked her where I could find them, and she said "I will throw two of them in with the paddle."

Four days later, I had a new paddle, and rails to mount my magazines to the platform. Blackhawk! is awesome!
    Kevin Jensen
    Utah State Researcher,
    www.opencarry.org

I love the mintuck I have, looking at getting one for the XD. The XD is jealous and wants to be taken on trips more often.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Donodii View Post
    I love the mintuck I have, looking at getting one for the XD. The XD is jealous and wants to be taken on trips more often.
    What are you carrying in your MiniTuck?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Links