First 5 days carrying 100% - Smart Carry vs. Supertuck

This is a discussion on First 5 days carrying 100% - Smart Carry vs. Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yea-never thought of the milk jug. I will try that. honestly its taking the gun in and out that makes me nervous. The other day ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 5 days carrying 100% - Smart Carry vs. Supertuck

Yea-never thought of the milk jug. I will try that. honestly its taking the gun in and out that makes me nervous. The other day I put the gun in the holster and actually tried to pull the trigger through the denim and its impossible. Obviously the gun was unloaded in case i was wrong...

As far as running and pounding my jewels... I cant say that i have actually gotten on a tread mill with it, but i wear the gun basically on my left thigh. Im pretty sure that i can do anything, literally, with the gun on...

As ive gotten more comfortable with the Smartcarry, the only thing i dont like is it take a little bit to get to the gun. I have noticed that if you wear the smart carry over a shirt that you tuck in like suit shirt its alot easier to get to my gun than when im wearing it with shorts and a Tshirt...nothing tucked in. Thats when its really really tough to get to my weapon should i need it.

2. Remove Ads

bgcole - Yup, I wear my shirts tucked all the time for that reason, faster draw - and you look neater, too.

Running, biking, playing with kids - no issues at all.

I put the gun in before I put my pants on in the morning. Drawing is no problem, trigger can't get pulled when the gun is coming out. If I have to holster once dressed, I either do it really carefully (follow the directions that come with it), or I simply loosen my pants a bit. Again, no problem at all.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Yea I am carrying in condition 1 now. I carried in the Smart carry all week without so much as noticing the gun was there. sitting, standing even went running this morning with it and the gun hasn't so much as moved! Because its so comfortable and concealable-i never need to take the gun out during the day which eliminates my need to touch the gun and dramatically reduces my risk of AD

I have to admit i am very surprised. I am almost thinking about sending back my supertuck just because i dont see myself ever wearing it. But i think im going to keep it.

I live in a nice area, but i run really early in the morning through a nature park that is really dark at 5AM. Today i decided to bring my gun because i have always considered myself vulnerable while running (although i really dont have anything they could take) to see if it would smack my junk as someone put it. I couldn't believe how comfortable and stable the gun was. My best friend was with me, i showed him the gun after we finished running. He carries too and was completely shocked that i had my piece with me the whole time and he didn't know.

BTW if it matters i am not a slow runner. Run at a 530/6 minute mile pace. I only say that to say you can really go anywhere and do anything with this holster

Yea I am carrying in condition 1 now. I carried in the Smart carry all week without so much as noticing the gun was there. sitting, standing even went running this morning with it and the gun hasn't so much as moved! Because its so comfortable and concealable-i never need to take the gun out during the day which eliminates my need to touch the gun and dramatically reduces my risk of AD

I have to admit i am very surprised. I am almost thinking about sending back my supertuck just because i don't see myself ever wearing it. But i think i'm going to keep it.

I live in a nice area, but i run really early in the morning through a nature park that is really dark at 5AM. Today i decided to bring my gun because i have always considered myself vulnerable while running (although i really dont have anything they could take) to see if it would smack my junk as someone put it. I couldn't believe how comfortable and stable the gun was. My best friend was with me, i showed him the gun after we finished running. He carries too and was completely shocked that i had my piece with me the whole time and he didn't know.

BTW if it matters i am not a slow runner. Run at a 530/6 minute mile pace. I only say that to say you can really go anywhere and do anything with this holster

Quote Originally Posted by bgcole View Post

I have to admit i am very surprised. I am almost thinking about sending back my supertuck just because i don't see myself ever wearing it. But i think i'm going to keep it.

you just talked me into getting oe for my 3 inch 1911. Thanks for the review and info

Quote Originally Posted by stuckInNy View Post
    you just talked me into getting oe for my 3 inch 1911. Thanks for the review and info
    You wont regret it. I never wear my IWB because the smartcarry is just too darn comfortable. It is on me 100% of the time because i like wearing it....

PS- im STUCK in NY too

I carry in a Supertuck and love it. I can't even tell the gun is there, and I do not wear huge shirts like most people say you should. I have been thinking about getting a Smart Carry as well, and the more I hear things like this, the more I want to get it. I too need a belt for dress/suit attire. I bought the V-clips, but have never used them because my dress belts wouldn't be good. I may get Crossbreeds belt for those occasions when I MIGHT take my jacket off and need to be tucked in. Usually I keep my jacket on, so I figure a good OWB holster would be better. I never, ever wear dress pants and shirt without a jacket, I always wear a suit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links