Mernickle Custom Holsters :)

This is a discussion on Mernickle Custom Holsters :) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just recieved my PS6 from Mernickle Custom Holsters last night. I placed my order on 3/02/06 and was told it would be done in April. ...

Thread: Mernickle Custom Holsters :)

Mernickle Custom Holsters :)

Just recieved my PS6 from Mernickle Custom Holsters last night. I placed my order on 3/02/06 and was told it would be done in April. Well it only took 20 days to get to my doorstep. I'm impressed.

I ordered it to fit an N-frame 4" barreled gun. Mine will fit both my S&W 21-4TRS and 28-2. It fits the 21-4TRS a bit better which is fine as this is what I intend to carry. One addition that I like is that a belt slot was added below the one seen in the picture so that crossdraw and zero degree cant strong side wear is possible. The holster passes the 1-G retention test with ease (insert gun, invert holster, give slight shake, gun stays in = good, gun falls out = bad). The craftsmanship is superb, IMO. The packing slip shows that my order was checked by atleast two people prior to being sent out, a definite plus to me.

The hoster rides tight to my side and fits my 1-1/2" ross leather belt perfectly. With a little break-in the gun will fly out of this holster.

The only downside is the color. I ordered the mahogany brown as shown on the website, but the color is actually much darker in person. That is my only complaint and it really is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Price shipped came to $89.00.

I'm very happy and proud of my new baby. May try to post some pics over the next few days.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/ps/ps6dar9.html

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Always pleased to hear of any good holster sources - of course we have many already so are spoiled for choice.

I had not heard of this maker before. Pic or two would be most welcome.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Mernickle Holsters has a very strong reputation across a broad spectrum of shooting disciplines. I know he's highly sought after by the cowboy action shooting folks. I've seen his work first hand and it is definitely top shelf. His customer service is some of the best out there as well.

I got his PS6 for a Ruger Vaquero - mostly because I couldn't imagine that I could conceal a big single action and read about the holster in an article someplace. It's a strange looking design (to me) as it carries the gun really high and then the front of the holster is cut very low. But, I was wrong. It really does work -- if you're odd enough to pack around a single action (and I am that odd on weekends, but I've used single actions for 30+ years).
    And, for what it's worth, draw speed out of it is extremely fast. Now, if he could come up with a holster that automatically reloaded a single action, I'd sure order it, too!

Not bad looking Holster's

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    You will NEVER find a better HIGH riding holster for any pistol than a Mernickle. If you want a holster that keeps the pistol high and concealed is awsome. The only problem is I hope your arms are flexable (thankfully mine are) to reach them. His only item I didnt personally like was the forward leaning mag pouches. Some folks do like it (my friend with a extra spare tire loves them).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Well I've worn the rig all weekend. It stayed high and tight the entire time. A great holster and belt combo as the weight of carrying the N-frame didn't fatigue me a bit. Had some friends of the family about crap when I produced that N-frame from thin air. The gun now slides out like greased lightning and goes back in just as smoothly.

I'm very pleased and reccommend this holster to anyone looking to carry a heavy six-shooter.

I just ordered an FC3. It's a crossdraw setup. I called and talked with the owner for about 15 minutes! I originally wanted their extreme crossdraw holster and after explaining my "needs" he suggested the FC3.
    Turn around is expected about 4 weeks. Can't wait!
    Dave

To K&D Holster Guy...

Just wanted to compliment you on being a professional and not bashing your competition. With so many holster companies out there it is easy to discredit the other guys. Your website displays a high quality holster as well and folks on the forum speak highly of them. I'll give one a try on my next piece.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Administrator

Thumbs up Wjp9

"Our CombatCarry Forum Holster Guys" are mighty large men with fantastic amounts personal integrity & ultra~civility.
    That would be in addition to being amazingly talented craftsmen.
    They are the absolute best.

Links