High Noon bare asset,a quality IWB holster?

This is a discussion on High Noon bare asset,a quality IWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm interested in one of these holsters but would like some opinions from those who own them. Will the belt clip fit over thicker gun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Noon bare asset,a quality IWB holster?

I'm interested in one of these holsters but would like some opinions from those who own them. Will the belt clip fit over thicker gun belts like my Rafters belt? Also would you say this is a high ride or low ride IWB holster,and does it have a reinforced opening? Overall is this a comfortable IWB Rig for a heavy Snubby like the SP101?

The gun it will be purchased for is a Ruger SP101,any SP101 owners here carry theirs in this IWB holster? Also would it be possible to post a pic of wearing this holster,so I can get a better idea how low it sits below the belt line? Thanks for any help guys.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I'm interested in one of these holsters but would like some opinions from those who own them. Will the belt clip fit over thicker gun belts like my Rafters belt?
    Yes, it fits over thick belts

Also would you say this is a high ride or low ride IWB holster,and does it have a reinforced opening?
    It is a low ride - the mouth is flush with the top of your belt. It does NOT have a reinforced opening; the mouth collapses as soon as you remove your firearm. Re-holstering, at least on a revolver, is a two-handed proposition and cannot be done unobtrusively.

Personally, I like Don Hume's H715M better, but it rides too high for my short waist. It's reinforced, heavier leather and better made.

Overall is this a comfortable IWB Rig for a heavy Snubby like the SP101?
    I have one for my Colt DS and it holds it nicely, if not securely. These holsters are made to fit a general frame size - in my case the designated holster fits the S&W J-frame, which is smaller than my Colt's D-frame. My gun does not fit deeply enough for the restraining screw to have any noticeable effect.

I have no idea how a SP101 will do in one. Other than being a tad too shallow for my DS, I like the holster and it is a good value for the money. Remember this is not a $100 custom holster, but a mass-produced budget model.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

have the split decision (almost the same thing as the bare asset) and love it, only IWB i've used so far.

A great $25 holster. I ordered mine and it was here in 2 days. Not too many holster makers can do that these days. I thought it would be a cheapie, but I'm very impressed with the quality. Originally ordered it to carry while I waited six months to a year for a "quality" holster. I like this one. No need to spend big $$ for another. Highly recommended. Get the Mr. Softy for the same price if you want a lower riding holster.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN600 View Post
    have the split decision (almost the same thing as the bare asset) and love it, only IWB i've used so far.
    +1 I have two Split Decisions. Great holsters especially for the price and turnaround time.

They are good holsters for the price. But like anything else you get what you pay for. If you want to go up a notch try a Tuckable from DM Bullard allows you to adjust cant and holster depth. I use the high noon with a Kahr and a Bullard with a Officers model.

I currently use this holster for my Ruger P345 and it does what it is intended for. I get no printing whatsoever for most of what I wear.

Yes it does collapse, but no completely. Although not with speed, I have practiced and can now re-holster with one hand although it is not easy.

The quality is excellent for the price, not to mention the customer service from the company is top notch. It has a 15 degree cant which works for me, and with a good belt, keeps the pistol right up against my body.

Can't go wrong for $25.

I carry my fullsize auto m&p 9 in one. Its an awesome holster for the price. I've had it about 8 months now and no stitching come lose, it holds the gun high and tight. I've noticed with mine that it transfers moisture, but yet again those times i was out working in the hot sun moving a house all day.

I'd recommend it.

J
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Great holster..love mine. Fits my belts fine.

I ordered one for my H&K P2000sk and it was terrible. Quality was OK but it did not handle the short barreled gun well because it did not seat deep enough. The gun was always pushed sideways. It works better with my PM9.

IMO the BEST "cheap" IWB is the Don Hume. Heavy clip, well amde, and a reinforced mouth. I usually get them from Gunners Alley.

I bought a Mister Softy a couple of years ago, which is a similar holster. The quality is fine but I need a reinforced mouth for reholstering. If they would add that and up the price maybe $10.00 or so, I would be all over it.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

We tried that many years ago, it does not work. When you get that thin with the leather you can not reinforced the mouth for one handed reholstering. What ever you use will now overpower the thin holster body leather and now creates a thicker holster that does not do the job it was designed to do. The design intention of these holsters were to be as thin and as comfortable as possible. They get that job done in a big way at a super affordable price.
    Bare Asset
    Mr Softy
    Split Decision
    Hidden Ally

We do have a nice line (13 different models) of "hard core holsters" that are made for one handed reholstering. Here are 2 to get you started.
    Down Under Clip
    Public Secret w/clip

Hers's the main IWB page if you are unfamiliar with our site. Inside The Waistband

Take Care
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    We do have a nice line (13 different models) of "hard core holsters" that are made for one handed reholstering. Here are 2 to get you started.
    Down Under Clip
    Public Secret w/clip
    Hey, cut that out. I'm already lusting after the Public Secret for over a week now.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

The Bare Asset works well for both my P95 AND my PT709! Very discreet. Thinking about trying the Supertuck, though . . .

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I think that a IWB holster made of horsehide would have a stiffer mouth.

The Speedy Spanky has a reinforced mouth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links