IWB Questions; Make and Model?
Ok guys, am a newbie to this forum, but not to shooting and/or carry. For many years my job had me traveling all over the Southeastern and Southwestern U. S. Many of these states have/had open carry or 3 step type carry laws that I would follow while traveling. Occasionally I would carry IWB while walking from my car to my hotel room and vice versa.
Now I am looking to carry legitimately and am very interested in getting your thoughts in regards to a couple very specific questions. From browsing the forum and reading many threads, it appears that the Crossbreed Supertuck models might be what I'm interested in. My weapon is an H & K USP compact .40. I live in So. FL. where it is hot all of the time, and I generally wear light weight clothes, shirt untucked always, therefore, a holster that makes tucking one's shirt in is not a necessity, but I am very interested in comfort against the body and a secure fit and feel. That being said, here are my questions.
1) How does the CB ST feel when worn at 4:00 or 5:00? This is my preferred position for extended carry, and appendix for short time carry.
2) Does the CB "Quickclip" model perform better than the supertuck for 4 - 5:00 and appendix carry.
3) Do the crossbreed holsters in general help to conceal the added width (thickness) of the H & K USP model, or any of the fatter model handguns that you guys might have experiance with?
4) Does the crossbreed need to be worn attached to the belt or can it be attached to the waistband of jeans or shorts?
5) If in answering these questions, a more appropriate model is recommended, which one and why?
The most important components I am looking for is IWB comfort in hot weather, and the ability to mask the thick slide of the USP compact. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.