which holster for my 3" 1911 - Page 2

which holster for my 3" 1911

This is a discussion on which holster for my 3" 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Designed by Bruce Nelson , endorsed by Clint Smith , it's not the latest design but has been a standard by which all (more) modern ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which holster for my 3" 1911

Designed by Bruce Nelson, endorsed by Clint Smith, it's not the latest design but has been a standard by which all (more) modern IWB holsters are measured. Mine was built for a Colt Officers Model (3.5") so, yes, my SS holster does go past the Springer Micro Compact by .5". I believe the SS II is now available expressly for 3" models because there's so many 1911 manufacturers builting them. Print-through is not a problem, COMFORT is the deciding factor. I'll see if I can find the nice digital camera I bought for Mrs. Ghost Tracker. She might let me use it. "1911 friends don't let 1911 friends wear...Kydex"
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i like my desatis owb
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I carry appendix style with my GALCO Ultimate Second Amendment. They cost about $ 65.00. I normally wear shorts and T-shirts or Polo shirts. The gun (Kimber UC II same sized as yours) cannot be seen (at least on me - I am about 6'2 and a fairly slim 200 lbs).

I use a Desantis Mini Scabbard for my Defender Fits like a glove about $45.00 on the street.

Commerce Storefront B2C

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckInNy View Post
    I just picked up my Springfield Micro Compact .45 (3 inch 1911) and now I need a nice holster for it.

I was originally gonna get a crossbreed... I had one for my XD but it just seemed big and cumbersome... maybe it was the XD's fault.

My normal attire is jeans or shorts and a tshirt so i was thinking IWB but I'd be open to OWB if it can be worn under a regular tshirt.
    ...my budget is $100 or less

I was also looking at milt sparks summer special but didn't see that they made them for 3 inch 1911's

for fun here are some pics of my new gun

I love it man! You know it's a sweet gun when you see the crossing cannons!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Looks identical to my Kimber Ultra CDP...in rides in one of two holsters from...

HOLSTERS

Either the #1A, or the #41...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If money is tight, consider a Don Hume IWB with the thumb break. I have one for my S/A Micro and I forget I have it on. Check if Gunner's Alley has them in stock.

By the way, the Micro is a great gun, mine didn't like Wilson Combat magazines for some reason, but is happy with the S/A and Kimber mags.

I have the same gun and use a MaxCon V. It is a great holster. Might need a few more bucks though, but it's worth it.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links