Pure Kustom Black Op's pro holster Review

This is a discussion on Pure Kustom Black Op's pro holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to give my impressions regarding my experience with the Pure Kustom Black Op's pro holster I recently purchased. I like most have ...

Thread: Pure Kustom Black Op's pro holster Review

I would like to give my impressions regarding my experience with the Pure Kustom Black Op's pro holster I recently purchased. I like most have several holsters for my commander size 1911 which vary from inexpensive nylon to kydex and well known leather manufacturers and throughout my search for the perfect holster (IWB or OWB) I have always felt like there was a large degree of sacrifice required to conceal carry (Weapon conceals but sits to low in waist band to obtain a proper combat grip, holster sits right upon initial placement but moves around shortly thereafter, or holster is extremely comfortable, secure, and allows for a proper combat grip but prints substantially). Sound familiar? Well after wearing the Pure Kustom Black Op's Pro for close to two weeks now I think I have found a holster system that suits my needs and preferences. Ok so on with the review.

After having read some positive reviews I called Rocky to ask some questions concerning fit and functionality of his products. He was very Personable, professional, and informative and asked some questions of me as well so he could determine my carry preferences. After some further questioning and determining that I preferred to carry low IWB he suggested the Black Op's pro as he felt it would meet my needs the best because it had the most adjustability (never having been completely satisfied with a holster I know I wasn't as clear as I could have been with exactly what I was looking for). After approximately a 15 minute conversation I was still unsure I wanted to spend $175 on one holster so I thanked him for his time and told him I would get back to him.

Later that day after having justified the purchase to myself (This product fills the needs of two holsters IWB and OWB) I called Rocky back to order the holster. Once again I had a very pleasant unrushed conversation in which we discussed color, possibility of art work, payment options as well as delivery time frames. After placing my order I figured it was time to start the normal waiting game ( I am horrible when it comes to waiting) so I tried to put the purchase out of my mind figuring he quoted me a week and a half so I probably won't hear anything for at least 2 to 3 weeks. To my surprise Rocky sent me two separate emails during the process of building my holster and the second one was to inform me that the piece was shipping.

The holster arrived at my door 12 days after ordering and the best way I can sum it up is to say now I know why people say you get what you pay for when it comes to custom leather work. The finish on the holster is much better than the pictures on line and the fit is exceptional. The holster has a built in sweat shield and is not only boned on the outside but the inside as well. The boning for the thumb safety is very tight which holds it in the safe position very well. The holster was very tight at first but did not require any plastic bags or saran wrap tricks to loosen up, just a couple dozed draws and my weapon slides in and seats as it should. The adjustability of the straps for IWB are almost endless. I can set the holster higher or lower to improve conceal-ability without effecting comfort and because of this I haven't even tried the tuck option as of yet. The contour of the holster is perfect for me and I was very impressed at the way Rocky contoured the OWB belt loops to sit flush against the waist which allows the belt to slip between the belt slot without binding. I can also say that I now can see the OWB fans side of the argument. The holster sits a little higher than some but not so much that it is unevenly weighted and becomes top heavy. Coming from the northeast I never thought I would look forward to cooler weather but this holster is so comfortable OWB that I can't wait to have the opportunity to wear a cover garment.

After receiving my holster I received another email from Rocky asking how I liked it and letting me know if I had any further questions to just give him a call. I was so thrilled with the product and service that I felt a call to inform him of how I felt was much more appropriate than an email response. Prior to placing the call I figured I would inform him of my satisfaction and that would be that after all my transaction was complete and he had already received my payment ( We all know how service changes after people have your money right?). I could not have been more wrong and due to a previous commitment I had to cut our 45 minute conversation short.

In closing I would like to say that I know this post was long but I had to convey my entire experience as this is the best service I have ever received. I am in the process of purchasing an officers model 1911 and my only choice of holster will be Pure Kustom. If you are looking for a new holster do your research and prior to making any purchases give Rocky a call I guarantee he will not do you wrong. I will also attempt to attach a picture that Rocky took of my holster but I can't make any promises that I can get it to work.
    Attached Images

Welcome, nice first post & great review. I too am happy with my dealings with Rocky.
    Love my holster. Have 2 more in the works.

Administrator
    Rocky is a talented, innovative and creative craftsman.
    Or should I say Crafts-Person for the sake of political correctness.
    He has proved both his extraordinary leather working skills and his high degree of personal integrity on DefensiveCarry.
    Wear your great looking holster in good health.

Great looking holster.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum 1911comander. Thanks for the great review and first post.

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Best Regards
    Rocky

Nice review. Rocky does nice work. I may have to call him when i decide to get a "BBQ" holster.

Hmm...BBQ holster. I ordered a Black Ops pro a few days ago, Rocky was great to deal with and is a wizard with his art work. Sorta makes me wish I had asked about a design I've been wanting. Oh well to late now, guess I might have to order another late. We'll see when she gets here. From what I've read I'm going to be pleasantly surprised. Somebody Help Me
    Santa01

Good service, quality work...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links