CCW problem for

This is a discussion on CCW problem for within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You'll be best off to change your clothes. Now I'm not saying you have to get frumpy. Just 1 size larger will usually due just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW problem for

You'll be best off to change your clothes. Now I'm not saying you have to get frumpy. Just 1 size larger will usually due just fine.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    You'll be best off to change your clothes. Now I'm not saying you have to get frumpy. Just 1 size larger will usually due just fine.

I would like to not have to change the way I dress myself to conceal.
    Possible, but not practical. Learn to "dress around the gun". Life will be much simpler that way.

BTW: welcome to the forum.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Look here for holsters by the number...

HOLSTERS

I have dozens of Fist holsters...two you might look at are the #1A with clip and cant (IWB), and the #12 Basic (OWB).
    Do you know if they have the option for railed guns? Both my USP 45, and M1911 have fore-end rails for lights. It would seem that's something they'd have to plan for when making the holster...
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

You're going to have to start wearing loose fitting shirts. Tight fitting shirts and concealed carry don't go well together.

RamRod gave you a mouth full, and I agree.

It's all about the clothes.

"I would like to be filthy rich and not have to work for a living. How much do you think wishing has got me?"- RAMROD

Quote Originally Posted by MedPig View Post
    Do you know if they have the option for railed guns? Both my USP 45, and M1911 have fore-end rails for lights. It would seem that's something they'd have to plan for when making the holster...
    Yes, they would have to have the mold...and they have most. Check out their gun list on the site's front page.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome.

If your shoulders are wider than your waist, an IWB set up will work fine. The shirt can be somewhat fitted at the chest and shoulders and shouldn't be too tight around your waist. This will conceal the weapon just fine. I use a Milt Sparks VM II for my Glock 27(same size as your 26). I wear my t shirts as described as above.

Unfortunately, if you're wearing compressed underarmor t shirts, you are gonna print.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

cmb
    I agree, tight t's don't work, you'll have to adapt, polos work great for me, and t'shirts a little big, I am not that built, not that small framed so you'll have to try what works for you. There's a thread on here that shows pics of various members and how they carry, there are some small framed females and males that pull it off, maybe that will help. I have never liked tight clothes so this particular issue was not an issue for me.

G26 is probably to big for pocket carry but you may want to consider the small kahr 9mm or LCP type gun.

OP-I'm in shape too (round is a shape) some of my shirts are tight fitting.

I carry my G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck and my 2XL shirts hang off of me well enough to even hide a 1911 Government OWB pretty decent. I've also found that those cheesy, mobster-uniform, Florida-retirement, camp-style, button down shirts help to conceal either gun real well. They are also pretty comfortable in the Kansas heat (I save the black ones for nightlife).

I know you want to accent your physique (I would too), but you need to realize that the gun on your hip will be more effective at saving your life than the ones hanging off of your shoulders. Not trying to be a smartass-it requires very little effort for me.

Joker1

Quote Originally Posted by bruce21b View Post
    Hi,

well many years ago i carried a Glock 26 as my carry piece....

what worked best, believe it or not, was the Glock brand sport/combat holster...i wore it in-between my belt and pants and it was like wearing an IWB holster on the outside....

a great holster for about twenty bucks......durable too.....

I've been thinking of getting a Glock sport/combat holster. It looks like a nice little holster for $15.00. My hold-up is the belt slots, are they wide enough to thread my Crossbreed belt (1/4") through? I know my fobus belt holster for my 1911 won't open wide enough for this thick belt. Thanks.

Joker1

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Gotta adopt the Tony Soprano look. Everything one size larger and loose fitting. After awhile you find out it is a whole lot more comfortable too. I wish bowling shirts were still popular!
    Yes, or Charlie look on Two & One Half Men.

Dark shirts, w/patterns to break up any printing. Like another poster said, "Hawaiian..."
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

thank you everyone for the replies. i appreciate it. i guess it all comes down to me changing my wardrobe as everyone said. something i will have to get used to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links