CCW problem for

CCW problem for

This is a discussion on CCW problem for within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, just joined the forum and i can already see the potential of me being on it 24/7. Anyways, I just purchased the glock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW problem for

CCW problem for

Hey guys, just joined the forum and i can already see the potential of me being on it 24/7. Anyways, I just purchased the glock 26 as my concealment carry and i am having a problem deciding what kind of holster to use that would fit my body structure. I weigh 125lbs and I'm 5'5". So you guys can imagine how small i am. I wear clothes that are more tight fitting since I'm smaller and I have a pretty muscular build. Anytime I put the gun inside my pants to attempt to conceal it, i always get the outline of the gun showing from my shirts being tighter fitting. Can you guys please help me find that perfect holster for my odd body type or am i goin to have to settle on a carry like thunderwear? I would like to not have to change the way I dress myself to conceal. Thanks. BTW, located in Florida.

Well....welcome to the forum (be sure to make it official by posting in the 'new members' forum). First off.....nice choice on the Glock! (Everyone here knows I would say that). Secondly..the way you describe things, I would initially say appendix carry or small of back (S.O.B). SmartCarry may be a good option for you. Thing is....if you're serious about carrying, your wardrobe and your activities are way easier to change than your physique. Work with what you've got, and then work even more to make things work. If that makes sense to you, then you're headed in the right direction already. Carry will more than likely change your life. No question of the perfect holster for what you want. Give in to what you need and engineer the rest around it.
    I would like to not have to change the way I dress myself to conceal.
    I would like to be filthy rich and not have to work for a living. How much do you think wishing has got me? You have to be serious to carry. Ready, willing, and able to make whatever changes are necessary.

CCW problem for
    How much of a problem is it? Or is it a problem? I feel generous today, and I'm giving you my tough love. Again...welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well....welcome to the forum (be sure to make it official by posting in the 'new members' forum). First off.....nice choice on the Glock! (Everyone here knows I would say that). Secondly..the way you describe things, I would initially say appendix carry or small of back (S.O.B). SmartCarry may be a good option for you. Thing is....if you're serious about carrying, your wardrobe and your activities are way easier to change than your physique. Work with what you've got, and then work even more to make things work. If that makes sense to you, then you're headed in the right direction already. Carry will more than likely change your life. No question of the perfect holster for what you want. Give in to what you need and engineer the rest around it.

I would like to be filthy rich and not have to work for a living. How much do you think wishing has got me? You have to be serious to carry. Ready, willing, and able to make whatever changes are necessary.
    nicely said, thanks!

Hi,

well many years ago i carried a Glock 26 as my carry piece....

what worked best, believe it or not, was the Glock brand sport/combat holster...i wore it in-between my belt and pants and it was like wearing an IWB holster on the outside....

a great holster for about twenty bucks......durable too.....

B52
    I have the same problem (skinny) 5'8" and 160lbs. I broke down one day and bought my pants/shorts one size up for IWB carry. Now when I buy clothes I always think about concealment. I do have a belly band for the days, I wear board shorts and a t-shirt.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanasm View Post
    I weigh 125lbs and I'm 5'5".
    I passed both those numbers irretrievably a long time ago so I can't give specific advice on that, but I think most on this forum will agree that good concealed carry requires opting for a slightly larger size clothes.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

thanks for the replies guys.

Ram Rod said it well; you're gonna have to adapt if you're gonna carry.

At 5'10 & 160, I always liked to dress tucked in, especially in the summer. Just couldn't do it and carry concealed effectively so now I go untucked; no big deal.

It's called dressing around your carry.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

VIP Member
    CC like most things in life are a give and take situation. You need to be willing to compromise a little. Granted I'm at the age where vanity about my body is no longer an issue. I went 1 size larger on my pants and a size larger on shirts to allow me to conceal better.

The hawaiian shirt is your friend.. and 5.11 shorts are the best .. at least for me.
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Gotta adopt the Tony Soprano look. Everything one size larger and loose fitting. After awhile you find out it is a whole lot more comfortable too. I wish bowling shirts were still popular!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Look here for holsters by the number...

HOLSTERS

I have dozens of Fist holsters...two you might look at are the #1A with clip and cant (IWB), and the #12 Basic (OWB).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

First off, greetings and welcome!

I whole heartedly agree with RamRod’s statement,
    .....your wardrobe and your activities are way easier to change than your physique. Work with what you've got, and then work even more to make things work. If that makes sense to you, then you're headed in the right direction already.
    Give in to what you need and engineer the rest around it.
    you really will need to get your holster and carry style sorted out first then adjust your wardrobe around those.

As much as it pains me to say this (after all no woman EVER wants to buy sizes larger then necessary!) you may have to size up in some things (i.e. jeans/trousers if carrying IWB and shirts for OWB). However, by varying the cut of some garments you may be able to avoid larger sizes. If your current preference in shirts per se is a trimmer, closer fit, by changing to a straighter, boxier cut you may be able to avoid sizing up. Patterns can also be helpful in masking a guns outline, as can layering garments (although I see you’re in FL so that may not be practical due to temperature considerations). Depending on your means, a good tailor can also be quite helpful in that they would be able to adjust larger sizes to your preferred fit while you are wearing your holstered gun.
    In the beginning you will be doing a fair amount of trying on, twisting, contorting and viewing your outfits from every angle possible to really get a feel for what will work for you but it does get easier!
    Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I'm going to assume you're a righty. I would recommend an adjustable cant IWB holster. You could wear it in the 10-11 o'clock position crossdraw style. Your flat stomach would conceal it. Also the Hawaiian shirt is a good idea. Wear it a little loose fitting. The pattern and looseness will help coceal any bulges, but I don't think you'll have that problem. You might check out gun-works.com.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Welcome from Las Vegas, Nevada! You will find there is a wealth of information within this forum. There isn't much that we can't answer to some degree.

Like you I have a G26. As others have mentioned in prior postings you now have to change the way you think about the way you dress. You have to learn what style clothing works with your carry handgun. The wrong clothing will make your G26 "print" so others may be able to see the outline of your handgun. You need to buy pants a little larger than you normally would to conceal a handgun. This applies mainly for IWB carry. The same applies to shirts. If your shirt is too short or too tight your G26 will "print" or show that you are wearing a handgun.

As I said earlier, you have to change the way you look at your clothing you wear. You need to start asking yourself how whatever you are buying will conceal your handgun. I buy "Hawaiian" style shirts once in awhile. They conceal IWB/OWB handguns very well. Think one or two sizes larger.

Again, welcome to the group!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links