IWB for Sig P239

This is a discussion on IWB for Sig P239 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hear about IWB for many guns, and I have 2 questions: 1. Do you use your IWB for rear carry (small of back or ...

Thread: IWB for Sig P239

IWB for Sig P239

I hear about IWB for many guns, and I have 2 questions:

1. Do you use your IWB for rear carry (small of back or other--4O'Clock) or front crassdraw carry? And why?

I ask this first question because people, in crowded areas, are more likely to touch a person along their lower back than their lower front. Does the IWB make this "touch" not make the toucher conclude a gun is being worn?

2. Suggesions for IWB for Sig P239.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I use an IWB 3 or 4 o'clock for my 239. I highly, highly suggest the Crossbreed Supertuck!!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Gun tests Gun tests the consumer resource for the serious shooter. just did a review of three popular IWB carry options. I have personal experience with Milt Sparks VersaMax II, and had used a VersaMax II with a P239 and found it to comfortable for all day wear although it did press at times when seated in the car. I do recommend a 1.5 inch belt vs a 1.25" belt; the wider belt provides better comfort and stability. I used the tuckable clips and I still use the holster and clips but a different weapon.

I carry several ways, but the two most common are IWB in a Fist #1A, and IWB in a Fist #41.

The #1 is a strong-side at about 3:30, comfortable and tight against the body.
    The #41 is a little different. It's an IWB/SOB but I don't wear it over the spine, rather over the kidney. It requires a 'palm out' draw which is very natural and, for me, much easier than a 'palm in' draw at 4 or 5:00.
    I cannot speak to cross-draw much, but I do have one ordered from Fist...a driving to cross-draw holster...we'll see how that goes. Presently, instead of cross-draw, I just put on my fanny pack for extended driving (trips, etc.).

Stay armed...find your niche...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have a Comp-Tac MTAC for my P239, and I love it. I carry it at about 4 o'clock.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

1 o'clock. I took a heat gun to a BladeTech Sig 220 series Universal holster.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I carry my sig P220 in the 4 o'clock position, and in the front cross draw. I actually like Bianchi IWB holster #3S. Its really for the 229, but it works with a little stretching of the retention strap for a P220. As to crowded area's you learn to cover the gun with an arm as you move around people to avoid them bumping into it. In the front its a little less obvious, but in some shirts the butt of the pistol will print, but no one really will notice. As to the 239, not sure what holster you might like, but Bianchi and Blackhawk make some decent holsters.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I like the Bianci, professional M100 carried at 4:00 oclock . . .
    Attached Images
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

I have a Kramer, Crossbreed Supertuck and a UBG iwb for my 239. I use the Supertuck and UBG most. Each has it's use. The Supertuck is used primarily when I wera jeans. The UBG when I have on slacks.

Don't ask why I do this. It just makes sense to me.
    ...T. Ray

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I carry my Sig 239 in a Tucker Cover UP IWB which is adjustable. Usually it is worn in the 1 o'clock position but it can also be adjusted to wear in 3 o'clock or any other even cross draw. I like it and it has served me well on many a mission.

"Cover Up" IWB
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Sponsor
    Crowded places make me uncomfortable in general but even more so when I am carrying. I have been carrying for 1 month shy of a year so I am still a newlywed so to speak. I am not sure of the likely hood of someone rubbing up against the gun vs different carry positions.

In fact I am not sure that would matter much in my case. In that scenario I am about as alert as I can be and the chance of another rubbing up against it are slim and none.

Links