Defensive Carry banner

Dad offered me a blank check for a holster...Suggestions?

3K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Eyebedam 
#1 ·
Hi all. I just picked up my CCP today and my father offered to purchase any holster I wanted. I've been thinking about an OWB holster from Tucker Leather but wanted some suggestions, ESPECIALLY from women. The majority of my jeans/pants/shorts are worn around my hips rather than my waist. I've been carrying around the house/property in a borrowed OWB holster from K&D Holsters at 5 o'clock and although I like it, I think I would like to have something that hugs a little closer to my body. I also kind of like the snap on kind but the K&D seems to have a little more leather at the end of each tab so they stick outwards and cause some printing. Oh, it's for a Glock 19 if that helps. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

#6 ·
For best comfort and concealable would suggest Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe. ISB or OSB is your choice. If you want to spend $400 on a leather holster, then there are many others like Dan Wesson, etc.

I actually find nothing wrong with polymer holsters like Fobus. They are inexpensive and almost indestructible.

Happy Shopping,

SIG

#8 ·
I've had two Fobus holsters and no offense, but will never waste my money on them again. I won't spend 400 bucks on a leather holster but I am in no way opposed to spending up to 200 on one if it does what I want it to do. I've read the Cornered Cat web site front to back twice over the last 4 months so I'm looking for other personal experience suggestions.

#28 ·
Absolutely no offense taken.

Buying the right holster for you might require you to try several. Sometimes this is not easy if yo don't have access to a large gun shop.

I shoot right handed and left handed. I is even more difficult for me. for my SIGS, I like the polymer holsters they offer for the specific model. All SiG holster have a button release. I like that.
I do not like any holster that has a strap and snap button over the top. Just my preference.

#11 ·
I realise you like low riding pants,one thing a belt and holster at the waistline does is pull the butt of the weapon towards the body,I might be wrong but wearing a holster lower would IMHO tend to print more

#15 ·
You are very correct! However, finding the 1980's jeans where they come up to a females waistline and ride over top of the belly button are A.) unavailable and B.) hideously uncomfortable to me. Which is all the more reason why, the holster I decide on will have to hug as snuggly (Is that a word?) as possible!

#12 ·
I'm not a woman, but I am married to one. :smile:

With that said, if I had a "blank check" for any holster I'd go with a Matt Del Fatti. Matt is really good at building what the customer wants and needs. He takes body shape, torso legnth and injuries in to consideration when building a holster for someone.

At this time he has a 2+ year backlog and is not accepting orders. My next option would be a Kramer, Milt Sparks and then a Rosen. I'm blessed because I am waiting for a Del Fatti for my P-35. :danceban:

Biker

#16 ·
The FIST stuff is very nice and has a pretty quick turnaround.

#18 ·
I'm not a woman, but I have a smaller waist than rear. I carry a H&K P2000, which is virtually the same size as your gun, in a Comp Tac C-TAC. I've tried a lot of holsters and I keep going back to this one. You'll probably have to wear pants with a larger waistline though.

#19 ·
I'd vote for the crossbreed supertuck--IWB is always more concealable, and in NC you are going to have to worry about warm weather much of the year. With a crossbreed Supertuck, you can always carry it conventinal IWB or you can tuck in the shirt/blouse over the gun.

#22 ·
Motorhead... Tim has already been :phone: because I found EXACTLY what I was looking for on his site:danceban:. My dad is also placing an order with him. For IWB, what about a Comp-tac Infidel??? Oh, I wear my Glock 19 in the 5 o'clock positionm if that helps.

#23 ·
I just recieved a slew of gear from TT gunleather. It is ...really, just unbelievable how nice it is. I have a crossbreed that I am useing while Tim finishes up my CZ75 C IWB holster. I have heard many great things about Comp -Tac and I say you probably cant go wrong. These things fit better and better to your body as you wear them. You are going to be so blown away when you get that holster, be safe .

#24 ·
Thanks motorhead! I originally emailed Tim with a question between his two snap holster models and some personal carry info and he emailed me back within ten minutes with his input! My initial impressions were great so after showing my father the workmanship we both decided to order from Tim. In the meantime, I will continue using my borrowed K&D holster and order that Comp-tac Infidel. I'm not real sure about IWB carry but we shall see.

#25 ·
I am glad I could help you out . Don't tell anybody else about TT , or we will have to wait years vs. months to get anything else! I cant wait to get home and look at them again ! Dont forget, a good belt is in order also! Tim has belts but, I dont have one of his . I'm sure its excellent also. You could get one to match your rig! Check out the Beltman. VERY nice.

#27 ·
Think Brommeland IWB

Absolutely, positively and best IWB holster I have ever purchased.
Available from Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville, TN

For $140, you will be glad! I hide a full size 1911 with the greatest of ease using this holster. Simply amazing. The holster has extreme cant to rotate the gun and thus hide the grip. Also, the holster holds the gun high and tight and so help me, you can hide what shows above your waistline with a close fitting polo shirt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.