Dad offered me a blank check for a holster...Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Dad offered me a blank check for a holster...Suggestions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. I just picked up my CCP today and my father offered to purchase any holster I wanted. I've been thinking about an OWB ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi all. I just picked up my CCP today and my father offered to purchase any holster I wanted. I've been thinking about an OWB holster from Tucker Leather but wanted some suggestions, ESPECIALLY from women. The majority of my jeans/pants/shorts are worn around my hips rather than my waist. I've been carrying around the house/property in a borrowed OWB holster from K&D Holsters at 5 o'clock and although I like it, I think I would like to have something that hugs a little closer to my body. I also kind of like the snap on kind but the K&D seems to have a little more leather at the end of each tab so they stick outwards and cause some printing. Oh, it's for a Glock 19 if that helps. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rosen and Kramer are two that I know make ladies holsters. As well as Fist-inc.com.

These are some I am going to try out for the wife as well, they ride higher to keep the hips from pushing out in the hourglass shapes of a women.

check Cornered Cat

focused on women's point of view
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

My GF loves Kramer's belt holster built for women.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

thanks so much for these suggestions, I'm going to check them out after dinner... Keep em coming! Feel free to suggest IWB as well as I'm afraid I will have to resort to IWB for summer carry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockGal View Post
    Hi all. I just picked up my CCP today and my father offered to purchase any holster I wanted. I've been thinking about an OWB holster from Tucker Leather but wanted some suggestions, ESPECIALLY from women. The majority of my jeans/pants/shorts are worn around my hips rather than my waist. I've been carrying around the house/property in a borrowed OWB holster from K&D Holsters at 5 o'clock and although I like it, I think I would like to have something that hugs a little closer to my body. I also kind of like the snap on kind but the K&D seems to have a little more leather at the end of each tab so they stick outwards and cause some printing. Oh, it's for a Glock 19 if that helps. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

For best comfort and concealable would suggest Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe. ISB or OSB is your choice. If you want to spend $400 on a leather holster, then there are many others like Dan Wesson, etc.

I actually find nothing wrong with polymer holsters like Fobus. They are inexpensive and almost indestructible.

Happy Shopping,

SIG
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    check Cornered Cat

focused on women's point of view
    +1

I've had two Fobus holsters and no offense, but will never waste my money on them again. I won't spend 400 bucks on a leather holster but I am in no way opposed to spending up to 200 on one if it does what I want it to do. I've read the Cornered Cat web site front to back twice over the last 4 months so I'm looking for other personal experience suggestions.

I had a fobus holster for my Glock 23 and hated it, i know have a Blackhawk Serpa2 OWB and i love it

Call Rocky at Pure Kustom Holsters. His are very adjustable, and he may have other ideas for you.
    Pure kustom Holsters main page
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I realise you like low riding pants,one thing a belt and holster at the waistline does is pull the butt of the weapon towards the body,I might be wrong but wearing a holster lower would IMHO tend to print more
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm not a woman, but I am married to one.

With that said, if I had a "blank check" for any holster I'd go with a Matt Del Fatti. Matt is really good at building what the customer wants and needs. He takes body shape, torso legnth and injuries in to consideration when building a holster for someone.

At this time he has a 2+ year backlog and is not accepting orders. My next option would be a Kramer, Milt Sparks and then a Rosen. I'm blessed because I am waiting for a Del Fatti for my P-35.

Biker

I would also second calling Rocky at Purekustom Holsters. Everything I have heard about his holsters have been good. He is definitely on my got to get list. And both his Black Ops and Black Ops Pro can be worn either IWB or OWB.

Check out a thread like your's running down the page by JRsGlockGirl..

"New to Concealed Carry - Holster Questions"

Might have a few ideas for you.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I realise you like low riding pants,one thing a belt and holster at the waistline does is pull the butt of the weapon towards the body,I might be wrong but wearing a holster lower would IMHO tend to print more
    You are very correct! However, finding the 1980's jeans where they come up to a females waistline and ride over top of the belly button are A.) unavailable and B.) hideously uncomfortable to me. Which is all the more reason why, the holster I decide on will have to hug as snuggly (Is that a word?) as possible!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links