anyone have a Mitch Rosen ARG holster?

This is a discussion on anyone have a Mitch Rosen ARG holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They look pretty sweet and the price is right... anyone have any experience with them? yay or nay?...

Thread: anyone have a Mitch Rosen ARG holster?

anyone have a Mitch Rosen ARG holster?

They look pretty sweet and the price is right... anyone have any experience with them? yay or nay?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    It's certainly one of the more reputable holsters with origins and high praise from Ayoob, himself. Any concerns?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I have several and have used them quite a bit over the years. For a while the ARG was my favorite IWB holster, but I have to say that once I discovered the Sparks VM2 it has become my favorite.

From a wearing and carrying standpoint I like the fact that due to the single loop at the rear the ARG can move and pivot some as needed, but by the same token occasionally when I reholster I hit the edge of the mouthband and the holster gets pushed down rather than the gun going in. This is the only thing that has made me prefer the VM2, and I still prefer the ARG to other dual loop holsters that don't have a reinforced mouthband.

Be aware that the ARG has a lot of cant, which I like, but if you prefer more of a vertical draw it may not be the one for you. It's particularly well suited for a 4:30 or 5:00 carry because of the greater cant.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

thanks for the info.
    Does the ARG have a sweat guard like the vmII has? I couldn't tell by the pics. I definitely want something between my skin and the thumb safety

Quote Originally Posted by N-frame Smith View Post
    I have several and have used them quite a bit over the years. For a while the ARG was my favorite IWB holster, but I have to say that once I discovered the Sparks VM2 it has become my favorite.

From a wearing and carrying standpoint I like the fact that due to the single loop at the rear the ARG can move and pivot some as needed, but by the same token occasionally when I reholster I hit the edge of the mouthband and the holster gets pushed down rather than the gun going in. This is the only thing that has made me prefer the VM2, and I still prefer the ARG to other dual loop holsters that don't have a reinforced mouthband.

Be aware that the ARG has a lot of cant, which I like, but if you prefer more of a vertical draw it may not be the one for you. It's particularly well suited for a 4:30 or 5:00 carry because of the greater cant.

No, hasn't got a sweat guard. I personally don't care for sweat guards though I tolerate the one on the VM2 because it's nicely made, plus I don't have a choice.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

I tried the ARG, but came to prefer the Sparks Executives Companion.

Had one for the G27, sold it with the gun. Bought it just because it was a Rosen. It was very well made but knowing what i know now I wouldnt have bought it again. I did not like the single loop aft of the holster it tended to allow the holster front to ride up when moving certain ways and especially when drawing. You didnt say what it is for...but I suggest a holtser with loops fore and aft like a UBG Canute, HBE Com III (my EDC) or a Sparks VM II. Much more stable.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links