IWB holster for P226

IWB holster for P226

This is a discussion on IWB holster for P226 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck... any other suggestions? the Mtac is a bit on the high $ side for me, so for now I'll ...

Thread: IWB holster for P226

IWB holster for P226

I'm looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck...

any other suggestions? the Mtac is a bit on the high $ side for me, so for now I'll have to keep it at less than 70.... I hear alot of good things about the supertuck.

I'm 6'2 and 190 lbs... and obviously 226 is not small to conceal, but its my only pistol, so I need to make do with what I got...

any other suggestions?

I had a Ctac infidel for my USPf 45 and I hated the thing if it helps. it was uncomftrable, and I printed all the time, not to mention the holster came out with the pistol when I would draw it sometimes

how about the Ctac spartan? looks like a cheaper version of the MTAC which i'm not willing to pay....

one thing I like about the spartan is the production time (5 days) while crossbreed is at 2-3 weeks... I do like with the spartan, you can switch out the bodies for diff pistols though.

but I do support places like crossbreed that give discounts to military personnel.

hummmmmmm, any halp?
    Last edited by taseal; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:28 AM.

I just order a suppertuck for my 1911 it feels very nice when you are carring , it worth the money.

I just ordered a Pure Kustom Black Ops for my P226, probably way above your budget, but I just wanted to brag!

Crossbreed usually underpromises and overdelivers on their product so I'd be surprised if you had to wait more than a week for the holster. I like comp-tac really well, but for the price difference between the MTAC and Spartan you'd be best to go with the MTAC and spend a little extra money, the finish and design of the holster just feels more complete.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by Texan29 View Post
    I just ordered a Pure Kustom Black Ops for my P226, probably way above your budget, but I just wanted to brag!

Crossbreed usually underpromises and overdelivers on their product so I'd be surprised if you had to wait more than a week for the holster. I like comp-tac really well, but for the price difference between the MTAC and Spartan you'd be best to go with the MTAC and spend a little extra money, the finish and design of the holster just feels more complete.
    I was told the spartan is good because since you don't have that 2nd piece of leather, it will end up being thinner, and also the rear side of the leatehr grabs the body more

and as far as the pure kustom holster... well... I want one! Not happening for a anytime soon though. perhaps in several months

Spend the extra $10 and get the MTAC.
    I am not knocking the SuperTuck. It was my second choice. The mtac is a great concealable holster. And for the extra $10 you have less leather, and the option to swap the kydex bodies to use it for any gun you have or get in the future. Granted that new kydex body will cost $35. But that is cheaper than another SuperTuck.

The spartan is an ok option, but to my understanding, the drawback to not having that back piece of leather is you have the hardware jabbing you in the side. There again, I don't know from experience, just what i would imagine.

I have a little more padding. I am 6'0" 230lbs and the only way you can see my G27 is if I bend away from where it is placed. So in other words, placed at 3:30, you don't see it.

EDIT:
    I spent the extra money and got the horse hide backing too. Well worth the money there also.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I've been very lucky in the holster department... lots of people talk about drawers full of unused holsters, but I have only 2 holsters... an MTAC for my P220, and a SmartCarry. I recommend both very highly...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I carry my 226 in a Don Hume IWB. It is inexpensive and very comfortable and durable.

holster (spartan) should be here today! i'll let everyone know how it fits lol

got the holster, feels good, but it seems like I could better conceal this pistol if I i didn't have a holster (I could put more cant, and keep it lower in my pants)

feels comfortable though. I'm wearing it around the house and stuff, trying to get used to it...

Sponsored Links