How about some advice!!!!

This is a discussion on How about some advice!!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, im sitting here in Baghdad Iraq with less than 90 days before I come home... Boy am I ready to. But I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about some advice!!!!

Hey guys, im sitting here in Baghdad Iraq with less than 90 days before I come home... Boy am I ready to. But I have a problem, when I went home on midtour leave I purchased a new XD40 4" service model and I have always used a Kydex or a serpa holster and now I want to purchase a Belt Slide leather holster that has a medium ride heigth. But there are so so many quality holsters out there that I have no idea where to start. I was hoping to get some feedback from others that carry a large frame weapon with a leather holster. And I would like to have it within 12 weeks and be affordable. Any help is greatly appreciated.....

Sgt Kelly
    Baghdad, Iraq
    MP Corp

Check out Don Hume, they aren't too expensive and the wait time isn't that long for popular models. I have an H715-SOOT IWB for my XD40-sc and as well as a H710 belt slide for my XD40-4", work well for me.

Look for a PM from me..
    Thanks for your service...

bosco

I've no opinion on belt slide holsters, nonetheless...

Congrats on the news that you get to come home soon.

Thank you for your service!

Joker1

Wear it well. I hope there's a BBQ waiting along with it when you get home.

bosco

Try HBE and UBG....and FIST
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Guessing you're at BIAP, and if so, at least I know the chow's good (about the best DFac I recall eating at, possibly excepting the Palace DFac, I was there to work on the Embassy a couple years back).
    Thanks for your service, and come home safe!

I've got a Galco Yaqui paddle I use for a 1911 that's not bad, and if I were going to wear it more often, I'd get the belt version (Yaqui Slide I think they call it). This would carry it a bit closer to the body for better concealment.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I carry a G22 in a leather Gould and Goodrich holster.

You can barely notice it.

Hope that helped.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

These guys will get you what you need within 5-6 weeks at a fair price...

HOLSTERS

Thanks for your service.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

From your desired description I would suggest a Galco M7X Matrix. I have one and like it very much.

Arizona Gun Runners is a good place to buy one. They also carry other lines too.

http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/index.html

Good Luck!!!

Sgt Kelly
    Thank you for your service! You might try Little Bear Custom Holsters - *****I am not one to sit around and talk about myself but here it goes.My name is Dave Galloway,*I built this company after leaving*the military/law enforcement, in 2006, after 10 years.* I have extensive small a. Dave is a great guy and holster maker. When you talk to him, he'll help you figure out exactly what you need and he will make it right guaranteed. His site says his turnaround is about 30 days and he sticks real close to it. Thanks again and God bless

First let me say thanks for all the input guys, and secondly let me say thanks to Boscobeans. Fist Holsters really look like a quality holster. There are numerous manufactures of high quality holsters out there other than Fist, but I went that route. Again guys thanks for the input and the kind words for a soldier who is really looking foward to getting back to the wife and children by halloween!!!!!

Holster Choice

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Check out Don Hume, they aren't too expensive and the wait time isn't that long for popular models. I have an H715-SOOT IWB for my XD40-sc and as well as a H710 belt slide for my XD40-4", work well for me.
    Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Don Hume makes some excellent stuff. They've been around longer
    than most other makers and know what works. Good IWB holster
    should have a high-ride flap that protects the gun from your body sweat & keeps it from biting into your side. They are about the most
    reasonable cost I've seen & have a great full color catalog (just ask) they will send you. If at firing range I just use a plastic kydex type &
    have been known to jam a 1911 in my wallet behind the billfold! God Bless You and thank you for serving. Let everyone know how much we really appreciate them and care!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    First let me say thanks for all the input guys, and secondly let me say thanks to Boscobeans. Fist Holsters really look like a quality holster. There are numerous manufactures of high quality holsters out there other than Fist, but I went that route. Again guys thanks for the input and the kind words for a soldier who is really looking foward to getting back to the wife and children by halloween!!!!!
    You are correct...there are MANY quality holster makers. Fist makes a great holster...none with eel or shark skin trims, but great looking holsters.
    I have almost 35 Fist holsers, not a bad one in the bunch. (My collection involves about 6-8 different styles with multiples of many of those.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My lead time is 7 weeks for The Slide and many times I have XD holsters in stock because they are my number 1 or 2 sellers.

I do free shipping for military, police and fire professionals.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links