e-bay holster

e-bay holster

This is a discussion on e-bay holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had any experience with leather holsters for a j-frame. most are listed as American made by American Pride and the Holster Store. Prices ...

Thread: e-bay holster

e-bay holster

Has anyone had any experience with leather holsters for a j-frame. most are listed as American made by American Pride and the Holster Store. Prices are from $30 bucks on up. I didn't want to spend a lot of money to try IWB.
    I have ordered a Don Hume 715SOOT online for $40 including shipping. Did I make the right choice? Anyone have any experience with model Don Hume?

Thanks,DAVE.45

Administrator
    Hume has been making holsters for ages. They do a lot of LEO duty stuff.
    In fact that is their mainstay.

Don Hume is a good holster maker...I have never used any holsters from that maker.

It may or may not be a good holster. It may be a great holster that YOU don't like. It may or may not work for you.

Stay armed...get a holster box...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Have gotten some pretty good deals on eBay for Milt Sparks, Safariland and Bianchi holsters. Never have bought from those two you mention, but expect $30.00 worth of holster.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I love the Don Hume 715M IWB holsters. I use the ones with the clip. I try to have one for each of my guns. For me it's a perfect blend of function and affordability. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper at Gunners Alley or Optics Planet. I'm sure that you will enjoy it.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

I purchased two holsters from the Holster Store. The customer service was great, with shipping timely. Very nice people. The other poster is correct, though - you get what you pay for. While the holsters seemed to be made of good leather, I don't feel comfortable using them, as there is no method of retention to the holsters, except gravity. If you get some of their more expensive holsters you may be okay, but I would suggest that you spend your money on some of the other manufacturers. I chocked it up to a learning experience, as they were the first holsters that I bought.

I have gotten very good deals on high quality, slightly used leather holsters off of ebay - Desantis, Don Hume, Bianchi, etc. A few were under $30, but those are hard to find. If you wait, you can get a great holster at a very good price. I've also gotten some good holsters from Hoffner's for the same price or cheaper than the more well known holster makers. IMO, they are of equal quality to most of the larger makers.

As a veteran of concealed carry told me when I first got into self defense, why would you put a $500 (or more) gun in a $30 holster? I was trying to save a few bucks, but the cost savings wasn't worth it. The holster is an integral part of your setup. Spend a little more money and get a high quality holster. Your life might depend on it. Hope this helps.

P

You really have to shop around and know holsters real well to get a good deal on one on ebay. I got lucky and found a couple that were key worded totally wrong. It was an even greater bit of luck they were for P7 PSPs. 15 dollars each for 100 dollar holsters. One a Kramer and one a Del Fatti. I can afford to collect holsters at those prices.

I have two of these myself, really like the one I have for my J-frame, not so much the one for my XDsc40, it has just be replaced by a UBG Canute I purchased from another forum member. I also have two Hume OWB holsters, one for my S&W M66, the JIT, and a H710 first agent for my XDsc, which I bought before I started carrying IWB, both worked fine for my purposes.

I also have a Don Hume 715M for compact Glocks. It's a clip IWB leather. Good IMO, but I don't use it very often in the summer time since it's a straight drop instead of canted. Harder for me to conceal under just a t-shirt that way. I do EBay a lot actually, and many of the name brand holster manufacturers do post their wares there at somewhat discounted prices. With my one holster experience with Don Hume, it's good. We have good, better, and best....and for all intents and purposes here.....I probably don't know what best is. But all the holsters I own have their time and place and get used.

Links