any mechanics?

This is a discussion on any mechanics? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have just started ccing and wondering if there are any mechanics who carry and how you do it. I work on buses and crawl ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any mechanics?

any mechanics?

I have just started ccing and wondering if there are any mechanics who carry and how you do it. I work on buses and crawl into bays and small areas where i catch my belt on things, therefore cannot carry while working. I am waiting on a crossbreed super tuck to arrive but dont think I can wear it while working, just after I clock out. Just trying to get some input, Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

What about a revolver or other small gun in your pocket?
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

I am an Airplane mechanic I carried with a supertuck for over a year and my boss never noticed the only problem was I kept breaking the belt clips. It kind of depends on what gun you are carrying and how careful you are. Working on cars can be bad because when you lean over it is easy to print or actually show. If the supertuck doesn't work look at revolver pocket carry watch out that it doesn't fall out of your pocket though.

I haven't worked as a mechanic, but I've hired mechanics...it would seem to me that IF they could carry, pocket carry would seem to be the easiest. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

my boss is cool about guns (we went and took our cc class together) Im more worried about an accidental discharge. So I keep my glock 22 in the truck. What I was really asking was about the comfort of keeping the holster on all day. I have to get in some weird positions sometimes,and dont want to break my holster. I my be better off leaving it off and putting it on after work. Thanks for the replies.

One word -- SmartCarry!
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

+1 - Smartcarry. Think of it as an extra set of pockets inside your pants, so the gun cannot snag on anything. I wear mine over at the 1100 position, and low. Very comfortable, wear it all day.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I install Hitches all day long on my back and I tried IWB and It was a no go. Could not lay on my side. I am thinking about compression shirt and carry under my arm. I am going to order a shirt in the next couple of weeks and will let you know.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Small light weight gun and an ankle holster is my suggestion as the easiest to accomplish.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I used to be a mechanic and I doubt if I could handle dealing with it on my person. I would probably just put it in the drawer of my toolbox which would usually be close to me.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    I used to be a mechanic and I doubt if I could handle dealing with it on my person. I would probably just put it in the drawer of my toolbox which would usually be close to me.
    That was my other suggestion that I didn't mention because of the possibility of other yahoos with access to your toolbox
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I was a mech for about 10 years before i changed careers. I didnt have my permit at the time but i couldnt imagine wearing it all day. I was always laying on the floor, up under dashboards, in trunks etc. I may have just been messy but i think a smart carry would just end up full of tranny fluid or anti-freeze or something. I have a locking drawer on my tool box that would be perfect. I think thats what i would do. Just have to be careful putting it in there or taking it out at the end of the day.

I've been a tech for 7 years and going. I find it easy to keep a PM9 locked in my toolbox. When its time for a test drive, I pocket carry. Having a dedicated small auto or revolver for work seems to have its benefits.

Hows the auto buisness everywhere else? Seems to be very up and down in my area of town.
    Last edited by jaydmhonda; July 25th, 2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    A good belly band is an option maybe, ankle carry if you wear long enough pants to always have it covered. You might also try a very small auto or revolver in a tuckable holster. Then you could also do a North American Arms mini revolver with the pocket clip handle. Those work well for I guy I've seen, he works on all kinds of stuff and it just looks like a pocket knife.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I have a small auto repair shop. I pocket carry a 442/642 all day, every day during work. I hardly know it's there and it's never been uncomfortable or in the way in any of the wierd contortions that the job requires. I choose an Uncle Mikes #3 neoprene pocket holster in case anything like oil soaks through my pants. The neoprene should protect the gun and if the holster gets ruined, it's only $12 to replace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links