IWB mag pouch or other options

This is a discussion on IWB mag pouch or other options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who makes a good IWB mag pouch (preferably tuckable) or what are your other options for discrete mag carry for a G27? At work, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB mag pouch or other options

IWB mag pouch or other options

Who makes a good IWB mag pouch (preferably tuckable) or what are your other options for discrete mag carry for a G27?

At work, I can not be seen with my pistol by much other than my boss. My M-Tac covers that. I have to wear dress pants and button up shirts. And unless I am wearing cargo pants (which are not really ok but do some anyway), I don't really have a place for my 2nd mag as my front pockets are usually full. And I just don't like sitting on my mag in my back pocket.

I have seen the Tucker Gunleather pouch but looking for other options before I commit to one.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Milt Sparks made me a real nice double IWB mag pouch. You might check if they still make it.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Can you get away with something like a cell phone or multi-tool case attached to your belt? I wear dress clothes for work also but still keep my extra mag in my left/weakside pocket when going IWB. It took a lot of pocket management for me to get used to it. My left pocket has an extra mag (in pocket holster), a small Fenix LD01 flashlight and usually a small knife (sometimes clipped). Right pocket is for my keys (w/small thumb drive) and wallet (clip/cc slot combo type). Cell phone is either in a shirt pocket or rear pocket.

Pocket carrying my gun screws me up a little sometimes because I have to move my keys and wallet to a rear pocket wear they're obviously uncomfortable when sitting. Cargo shorts solves a lot of this mess. Wish I could wear them 24/7.

Edit:
    I don't have any pics right now but for my extra mag and flashlight, I also have a custom made pocket holster that I carry sometimes that holds both. It helps keep things organized with my knife in my left pocket (or clipped) also.
    Last edited by Wasabi; July 25th, 2009 at 08:55 PM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teul2 View Post
    Who makes a good IWB mag pouch (preferably tuckable) or what are your other options for discrete mag carry for a G27?

At work, I can not be seen with my pistol by much other than my boss. My M-Tac covers that. I have to wear dress pants and button up shirts. And unless I am wearing cargo pants (which are not really ok but do some anyway), I don't really have a place for my 2nd mag as my front pockets are usually full. And I just don't like sitting on my mag in my back pocket.

I have seen the Tucker Gunleather pouch but looking for other options before I commit to one.
    Did you mean Comp-tac.com? I use a Minataur Neutral Cant(Appendix Carry). It is a hi-bread leather and Kydex. ISB, Very comfortable and very suitable for ladies too. This holster can be positioned at front or strong side. They also make mag holders. Don't waste your time with anything Else. This is very advanced holster design.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Milt Sparks does still make one and there are a few others who do also. Just can't think of the names but any of the custom makers should be able to whip one up for you.

HI, i just ordered one of these and cant wait to try it out...

Galco Holsters PMC Pocket Magazine Carrier

TT Gunleather makes some really nice ones!!!!
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Sometimes the plain and simple get overlooked. I have several OWB mag holders in leather and plastic, but the most versatile I've found is the Uncle Mike's kydex single that I use IWB or OWB regularly, and I have one for my P220 as well as my Glocks.
    Uncle Mike's - Kydex Mag Cases

Other options...

I found a simple nylon pouch (like for a small cell phone) in my local gun shop that was a perfect fit for an extra Glock-36 mag (clips on my belt)...less than $10...works for me.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; July 26th, 2009 at 08:32 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Cargo shorts solves a lot of this mess. Wish I could wear them 24/7.
    I wish I could too. I wish I could go with your in the pocket solution also. I just carry to much in my pockets. I have a cell phone on my strong side covering one of my MTAC belt clips, and a fire department pager on the weak side. So, the pouch idea is kind of out too. For me, the optimum for me would be a IWB mag pouch with a pager carrier. Ya know, in a perfect world.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Did you mean Comp-tac.com?
    Yes, Comp-Tac's Minotaur MTAC Holster.

VIP Member
    What about the 5.11 Covert Khaki pants? They have dual pockets with spots for mags, lights, etc... they look like regular plain front khakis, dockers, etc...I got some from LaPoliceGear awhile back and was quite surprised at the quality and the overall regular business look to them... they solved my similar problem...just an idea....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

cmb
    I understand your ordeal, I can't carry an extra mag comfortably IWB. So I carry one in an old front pocket wallet, I tore the clip thing off and it works fine for single stack mags but any double stack presents an issue. Several have discussed this on another thread in here and someone linked to a nice douoble mag backpocket carrier that looked nice, but seemed big for my pocket... I would really have to investigate that more. I carry my mag in front left or back left (epending on pants), clip cell to belt, BUG right front, EDC IWB, keys, wallet, mints, front left or extra pocket, pocket knife clipped back right.

I have been shopping very specifcially for not to costly dressy pants with extra pockets and have so far found 3 pairs (under 40 for all 3 total). Still looking for navy and black, not willing to pay for 5.11 tacticals yet but may go that way... Or buy all my shirts for khaki pants...

The only way I can carry a double mag is on my ankle/shin... I use one of those velcro wrist brace ace badage thingys, you can just homemake a fabric pocket so the mag don't slip down... not the greatest location but if I am carry a double stack and have shot 16 times and need more, I need to already be behnd something and ducking anyway (this is assuming no malfunctions or tactical reload)... if I did back pocket I would carry two, to distribute the thickness and weight...

Tucker Leather makes a great tuckable magazine carrier I believe he makes it in single and double mag styles.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teul2 View Post
    I wish I could too. I wish I could go with your in the pocket solution also. I just carry to much in my pockets. I have a cell phone on my strong side covering one of my MTAC belt clips, and a fire department pager on the weak side. So, the pouch idea is kind of out too. For me, the optimum for me would be a IWB mag pouch with a pager carrier. Ya know, in a perfect world.

Yes, Comp-Tac's Minotaur MTAC Holster.
    A great solution for ISB summer carry. I recommend the neutral carry type so you can re-position it as needed. They also make some other items like Kyedx reinforced belts.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Nothing more painful than IWB mags.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links