Road Bicycle Carry Option

This is a discussion on Road Bicycle Carry Option within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I also ride a road bike and carry. I use my smart carry holster, turned around 180 degrees so it's in the small of my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Bicycle Carry Option

I also ride a road bike and carry. I use my smart carry holster, turned around 180 degrees so it's in the small of my back. It rides so part of the gun is tucked under my bike shorts. The rest is covered by my jersey. I'm usually hunched over, so it's pretty comfortable.

2. Remove Ads

go to NRAstore.com they have a holster option for bikes, it goes on ur chest its pretty slick
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

I use this..

Outdoor Products

I'm not a "biker", but I recently purchased it at Wal mart for around $10. Works perfect. Front pocket holds my odds and ends (wallet, phone, etc.) back packet, closest to my body, holds my G19 and extra mag perfectly. There is even a little pouch that I clip my old IWB clip on holster to. Holds the holster in the pouch when I draw. Works well..sometimes I attach it to my handlebars, other wise I just have it on my waist. Plus you have two nice water bottles which are BPA free..

Quote Originally Posted by 45XDCCW View Post
    go to NRAstore.com they have a holster option for bikes, it goes on ur chest its pretty slick
    Couldn't seen to find it. Care to link it in a reply? Thank you.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Fanny pack behind you is pretty much the only option IMHO. Good choice on the P-11, pretty serious about picking one up my self. Big Para fan. What did you get for a bike, btw?

Got the bike for $600. Looked at comparable models brand new and they were all $1200. This one was 2 years old with 20 miles on it. Looked brand new in the pictures. We will see when it arrives and I inspect it.

They sell fanny packs to fit all frame sizes I have one with a few different pockets for your ID and keys. It has a pull away zipper that exposes the entire gun for easy draw.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I like to wear cycling pants and shorts with belt loops. Mocean makes them, and on the high (expensive) end, Rapha. Mocean's products are aimed at the police bike patrol market. I bought mine locally, but there should be online dealers.

I usually carry the gun inside a Safepacker, from Thewilderness.com. My most common bike gun has been an SP101 snubby, though lately, more often, a P229 in a larger Safepacker.

When is is really hot, too hot for that extra layer of clothing, or I want to dress like a "roadie" for whatever reason, I use an Eagle Creek fanny-pouch type of thing, made for point-and-shoot cameras, to carry a J-snub or SP101. I orient the pouch part in the front. (True "roadie" cyclists would not be caught dead wearing shorts or pants over their lycra cycling shorts.)
    Last edited by Rexster; July 28th, 2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    I like to wear cycling pants and shorts with belt loops. Mocean makes them, and on the high (expensive) end, Rapha. Mocean's products are aimed at the police bike patrol market. I bought mine locally, but there should be online dealers.

I usually carry the gun inside a Safepacker, from Thewilderness.com. My most common bike gun has been an SP101 snubby, though lately, more often, a P229 in a larger Safepacker.

When is is really hot, too hot for that extra layer of clothing, or I want to dress like a "roadie" for whatever reason, I use an Eagle Creek fanny-pouch type of thing, made for point-and-shoot cameras, to carry a J-snub or SP101. I orient the pouch part in the front. (True "roadie" cyclists would not be caught dead wearing shorts or pants over their lycra cycling shorts.)
    Thank for the advice. The Mocean shorts, they were about $65, are the ones I was looking at I believe so I could have the benefit of the padded bicycle shorts but with the outer shorts sewn on already without wearing a separate garment. I will have to look up the safepacker.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Glad to be of some help! My Moceans are without pads, and are worn over padded shorts. They may well make shorts with built-in pads, too.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    I'm partial to the Fuel Belt line. I'm a triathlete, so I do a lot of running too and they work well for both.

Here's a link to one of mine, but you'll find that they have a lot of options. One thing I like is that they're all designed to hug your body, not flop around like a lot of fanny packs do.

Fuel Belt - Active Gear - Waistpacks

I carry my little Seecamp when I cycle or run, but a larger gun could easily be accomodated in one of the larger packs.

Stay safe out there.......it can get a little crazy on the road!
    Is the Fuel Belt sweat proof? Does your firearm stay dry while in there?
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

Urban Strider - Magills.com

Theres the link for the chest holster, its slick...Hope this helped
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

VIP Member
    Check out the Camelbak Goblin fanny pack... It's part of their law enforcement line. It even includes a hydration pack...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links