Canceled K&D order....any comment on TT Gunleather?

This is a discussion on Canceled K&D order....any comment on TT Gunleather? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Canceled my holster & belt order today with K&D Holsters. Placed order April 15th and after conflicting reports on how much longer before delivery I ...

Canceled my holster & belt order today with K&D Holsters. Placed order April 15th and after conflicting reports on how much longer before delivery I decided on canceling the order. Mr. Kevin and his wife are nice folks, I wish them well and I will move on (after the credit to my card appears).

I’m looking at TT Gunleather. I’m interested in the “Snap Removable Pancake” model for my J frame. Any comments on TT Gunleather, this holster and their Gun Belts in particular would be appreciated.
    Bosun
    Semper Paratus
    "Never choose a life at sea--it holds you like a prison"

JD
    Administrator
    We have an older TT IWB which was OK, it seems that the newer rigs are nicer and better finished, over all we're happy with the rig. Wait time is for TT is getting lengthy. There are a couple makers that do the snap OWB style rigs, UBG and Desibens are two that come to mind, both have relatively quick turnaround times, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from any one of the three. Of course there's always Milt Sparks which IMHO is one of the best there is, but the wait is also lengthy.

Take a good look at Tucker Holsters, I have two now and two on order. They were recommended by my wife's firearms instructor. These guys make a great holster and you won't believe the personal service you're going to get.
    Tucker Gunleather
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

i am waiting on my TT side-snap pancake from TT gunleather as we speak......everyone i have talked to raves about Tims holsters...

I ordered about mid-april and he should be getting close to my order soon

Thumbs up TT Gunleather

Like 'em so much I ordered another today for my J frame. Tim is a great craftsman and nice person which makes it easier to spend the money and wait patiently. Tim answers phone calls and emails, sometimes a rare business trait.

I really cant say enough about how nice my TT gear is.I orderd 3 holsters, a Mag holder and a holster for my Surefire. Saddle ,trimed in shark.Very impressed .Tim is easy to contact.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    TT's work is first rate, but what seems to be bothering you is the wait time. If that is the case, be warned that TT's is about 4 Months. I like chiefrcd ordered a couple of holsters from Tucker Gun Leather. They are very well crafted and delivery was quick, less than 3 weeks. He frequently has specials so you might even save some money. Look at his IWB holster called the secret.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

See if you can find a Mitch Rosen Premier. I have one for my 228. Very nice. Or even a Alessi CQC-S even better.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    TT's work is first rate, but what seems to be bothering you is the wait time. If that is the case, be warned that TT's is about 4 Months. I like chiefrcd ordered a couple of holsters from Tucker Gun Leather. They are very well crafted and delivery was quick, less than 3 weeks. He frequently has specials so you might even save some money. Look at his IWB holster called the secret.
    I order the Secret from Tucker Gunleather, with a lead time of 2-3 weeks. #weeks later still no shipping notice but contacted them and was told they ran into a delay and should ship at the end of the 4th week. Answers to the email was very prompt and quick, in my opinion very professional. Don't mind a small delay just hope it doesn't turn out to be a big delay.

So am still waiting in anticipation, and hopefully will ship by the end of the 4th week.

I really can't say enough good things about TT Gunleather! Fantastic designs, well executed, beautiful work. My favorite hands down is the "Snap Detachable" Pancake holster/magazine pouch combination. What more could anyone want in an OWB holster? These ride very close to the body (very well concealed), are comfortable, secure, and convenient to take on and off. Tim gets some elephant hide in now and then, and trimmed with this they look great!

I have this model holster for several SIGs (P239 .40, P220R Carry SAO, and my P250 Compact 9mm/.40). Here's a pic showing my P250 rig, with belt (by another maker) and magazine pouch (also by TT and these are A+ too):

Quote Originally Posted by pulicords View Post
    I really can't say enough good things about TT Gunleather! Fantastic designs, well executed, beautiful work. My favorite hands down is the "Snap Detachable" Pancake holster/magazine pouch combination. What more could anyone want in an OWB holster? These ride very close to the body (very well concealed), are comfortable, secure, and convenient to take on and off. Tim gets some elephant hide in now and then, and trimmed with this they look great!

I have this model holster for several SIGs (P239 .40, P220R Carry SAO, and my P250 Compact 9mm/.40). Here's a pic showing my P250 rig, with belt (by another maker) and magazine pouch (also by TT and these are A+ too):

This is nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosun View Post
    Canceled my holster & belt order today with K&D Holsters. Placed order April 15th and after conflicting reports on how much longer before delivery I decided on canceling the order. Mr. Kevin and his wife are nice folks, I wish them well and I will move on (after the credit to my card appears).

I’m looking at TT Gunleather. I’m interested in the “Snap Removable Pancake” model for my J frame. Any comments on TT Gunleather, this holster and their Gun Belts in particular would be appreciated.

Well that kinda sucks. If you ordered April 15th & his site states 14-16 weeks your order wouldve been to you really soon. You waited till the very end & now it looks like your gonna have another wait ahead of you. Good luck I know I hate waiting to it sucks but man you were so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebedam View Post
    Well that kinda sucks. If you ordered April 15th & his site states 14-16 weeks your order wouldve been to you really soon. You waited till the very end & now it looks like your gonna have another wait ahead of you. Good luck I know I hate waiting to it sucks but man you were so close.
    In April I was told 8-10 weeks. As of Monday it was going to be maybe another month or two after being told last week it would be out in a few days. Sewing machine problems. But, all is good. Kevin is a stand up guy and has refunded my money.

Thanks to all on the TT Leather holsters, nice pictures. Thanks for recomendations on other snap on pancake style holsters as well. Looking forward to more recommendations.
    Bosun
    Semper Paratus
    "Never choose a life at sea--it holds you like a prison"

You really need to check out UBG Holsters !!
    Nick.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have a UBG Regulator that I like a lot, but I have to admit that pulicord's TT rig is sweet looking!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Links