Help With an MTAC...

Help With an MTAC...

This is a discussion on Help With an MTAC... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about ordering an MTAC from Comptac for my CW9...is the basic holster what I need?? I called and talked to them today ...

Help With an MTAC...

I am thinking about ordering an MTAC from Comptac for my CW9...is the basic holster what I need?? I called and talked to them today and was inquiring about the Spartan and she told me that you need the Moleskin when you order the Spartan so if I order a MTAC is what I am getting. I know that they have different clips....just curious before I plunk down the money..thanks Robbie

I have a Spartan and no moleskin needed.

*need*? there is no moleskin needed...

VIP Member
    I have an MTAC for a CW9. It has leather backing, covering all the hardware on the backside. It is also finished nicer than the Spartan. I would spend the extra money for the MTAC, but that's me...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

I have the Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by southarkrob View Post
    I am thinking about ordering an MTAC from Comptac for my CW9...is the basic holster what I need?? I called and talked to them today and was inquiring about the Spartan and she told me that you need the Moleskin when you order the Spartan so if I order a MTAC is what I am getting. I know that they have different clips....just curious before I plunk down the money..thanks Robbie
    Moleskin adds a bit of comfort, I have replaced mine once since I got the holster, about 6 months ago, I bought the replacement moleskin at the pharmacy department in Wal Mart. Although, I am happy with the Spartan and, wear it almost daily, overall I wish I had spent the extra and bought the Minotaur for the added stiffness; the backing on the Spartan is very flexible.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

thanks guys...I am gonna spend the extra money for the MTAC... how comfortable are these???

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I've used the MTAC with a G27 every day for over a year and find it relatively comfortable. In other words; I would find OWB carry more comfortable but that is rarely an option for me.

It is most comfortable for me when I wear an undershirt. After a few hours of the leather against my skin I get pretty uncomfortable. I don't believe everyone has that problem
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

thanks guys...I am gonna spend the extra money for the MTAC... how comfortable are these???
    how comfortable are these?

Lets see...

Feather Bed --> Recliner --> No Holster --> Wood Chair --> Belt a little too tight --> MTAC --> Sitting on a Tennis ball --> Pool ball in you front pocket --> Poked with a Stick

Not sure how to answer that question.

When I worked in an office setting and wore my MTAC I would often "forget" it was even there with my G23. There has only been about two times that I can recall the leather on the MTAC on bare skin caused any issues, and that was due to pretty profuse sweating.

I fall asleep on the couch with my MTAC still on my waist and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. It takes some time to adjust to the shape of your waist.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    A lot of the "comfort" issue will be dependent on the actual gun you carry in it, the guns weight and size, your body shape and size, what position you choose to carry it in, the amount of hours per day you will carry it and the conditions you work/live in.

Big heavy guns are less comfortable. If you have love handles the gun may poke you in the side a bit. If it is hot and humid you will suffer more, especially if you wear an undershirt for comfort against the leather. If there is a horsehide inner layer option . . . . get it! I have an Mtac for my XD45 but I did not get horsehide on it. I have a Bluegrass Holsters "Mason Dixon" for my 1911 and I got it with horsehide inner shield and it is awesome.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I carry an XD45 and a 1911 in one and really like it. Play around with the position and the cant to find a 'sweet spot' and it can be very comfortable. A good quality belt and the proper size belt clips to keep it from shifting around will make a big difference.

Links