budget belt help

budget belt help

This is a discussion on budget belt help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just don't have the funds (and can't wait a month) for a beltman belt right now... soon yes... now, no :) I was looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: budget belt help

budget belt help

I just don't have the funds (and can't wait a month) for a beltman belt right now... soon yes... now, no :)

I was looking at the 5.11 belts, how will these hold up untl I can get some funds together to order the horsehide belt from beltman for my 226/spartan combo?

5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5 inch Plain

price is good, and I think they're in stock...

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I've got one and it works great. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Check out the Wilderness Line...very nice and pretty reasonable as well. I use one every day. Not a dress belt by any stretch.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

You can usually fine the Wilderness Instructor's belts at many gun shops...look around.

The 5.11 you're looking at...Belts are 1 1/2” wide, full grain leather, and have a Permastiff™ insert to provide stability for your sidearm....seam like they would work.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You can usually fine the Wilderness Instructor's belts at many gun shops...look around.

The 5.11 you're looking at...Belts are 1 1/2” wide, full grain leather, and have a Permastiff™ insert to provide stability for your sidearm....seam like they would work.
    that wilderness one would work well with my duty rig probably, i need a good belt for that thing too...

and yeah, I read that on the 5.11, but I just wanted to ask here cuz even if it says that, sometimes that doesn't mean it'll work :)

VIP Member
    I have a couple and they have stood up well for the cost. Check out LaPoliceGear, they have a special for the covert khaki pants with a free belt. It could save you some money and I was really like the pants.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I have this 5.11 belt with the extra stiching...it seems to be a little stiffer and the stiching just looks better than a plain smooth belt. It does a great job of supporting my G27 in a Don Hume OWB pancake OT holster.

5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5 inch Detail Stitch
    Proud NRA member

orangevol, I saw that belt too, I liked the plain look better...

TX-JB, i'll check that out, thanks, altough I have 5 5.11 pants for work anyways LOL

VIP Member
    Have a look at the belt mentioned in this thread

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...uty-belts.html

I just picked one up and they are pretty heavy duty. If you have a retail location near you, they will price match their internet price and you can save the shipping.

My wife has a 5.11 belt she got for $20 at the gun show. It works for her. It is finally beginning to be broke in after wearing it on and off for 7 months.

I made me a double layered belt a few months after buying hers. I like mine, she likes hers.

I got one free when I bought 5.11 pants from LA Police gear. I don't wear it, but it would be perfectly satisfactory for awhile at least.

Regards,
    Jerry

I've never used a 5.11 belt, but I ordered a gunbelt from some Amish guy in PA for $19 (plus $6? for shipping) which is working just fine. I got his name from one of the belt threads here, but I can't remember it off-hand.

Getting ready to order some more from him.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I've never used a 5.11 belt, but I ordered a gunbelt from some Amish guy in PA for $19 (plus $6? for shipping) which is working just fine. I got his name from one of the belt threads here, but I can't remember it off-hand.

Getting ready to order some more from him.
    Hi Grady,
    I wonder if he is still in business on ebay. I intended to order one for a friend, but he has not offered anything if we are thinking about the same one.
    Let me know if you find it. Seems as if his name was something like biscuitsandjelly. ??

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Hi Grady,
    I wonder if he is still in business on ebay. I intended to order one for a friend, but he has not offered anything if we are thinking about the same one.
    Let me know if you find it. Seems as if his name was something like biscuitsandjelly. ??

Regards,
    Jerry
    Jerry,

We may be thinking of two different people. The guy who made mine didn't even do email. I had to email another guy in his office, and then the beltmaker went over to the other guy's computer and got my order.

I'll dig around in my old files and see if I can find his info. He made a good belt and it came pretty quick.

I'm sure the $80+ belts are nice, but I'm having a hard time justifying spending that much on a belt when I have so many other bills. I know a good belt is very important, but this Amish guy's belt is 50 times better than the belt I had been using.

Maybe someday, when I have lots of extra money, I'll buy a $100 belt. But not today. Heck, with the money I save from one belt, I can buy 3 more 17-round mags, or have 15-20% toward another handgun!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Jerry,

We may be thinking of two different people. The guy who made mine didn't even do email. I had to email another guy in his office, and then the beltmaker went over to the other guy's computer and got my order.

I'll dig around in my old files and see if I can find his info. He made a good belt and it came pretty quick.

I'm sure the $80+ belts are nice, but I'm having a hard time justifying spending that much on a belt when I have so many other bills. I know a good belt is very important, but this Amish guy's belt is 50 times better than the belt I had been using.

Maybe someday, when I have lots of extra money, I'll buy a $100 belt. But not today. Heck, with the money I save from one belt, I can buy 3 more 17-round mags, or have 15-20% toward another handgun!
    totally agree. I just ordered the 5.11 belt in black, it will do for now. when I have money, I'll order a nice beltman belt :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links