Max Con V..UNBELIEVABLE

This is a discussion on Max Con V..UNBELIEVABLE within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a max con V, 1.5" dress belt, and a single mag pouch from Gary on 12.28.2005. I received it Thursday 03.23.2006. This may ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Con V..UNBELIEVABLE

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

Smile Max Con V..UNBELIEVABLE

I ordered a max con V, 1.5" dress belt, and a single mag pouch from Gary on 12.28.2005. I received it Thursday 03.23.2006. This may seem like a while, but Gary was in contact with me, and there was no surprises in delivery. Gary also stated that it was the belt that was the holdup, not the holster.
    I had it shipped to my office, as that is where I am usually residing. I have wore the belt since, and after a two day break in period of the holster, I wore it over the weekend. This setup is of superior quality and fit to anything I have seen. The belt can and will be worn with any outfit, and holster is flawless and hugs your hip. Shortly after putting it on, you forget it is there. I was able to twist, bend over, kneel, reach and sit, without worrying about the holster or firearm. The high leather "shield" prevents the slide or beavertail (3" 1911 kimber) from digging into your side, and the "sciatic-flap" on the bottom of the holster stops the muzzle from digging into your "meat" or sciatic nerve area- and in my profession, this is important(chiropractor).
    The rig keeps the butt of the pistol tight to your side, no matter what position you are in, without discomfort.
    Also, the holster moves with you. I had a tshirt between the holster and skin, and in this setup the holster glides with you in your movements, and doesn't restrict or bind my movements. I do not know if this is true with holster directly on skin, but the way it is designed, I would not be surprised.
    Gary states that this holster is not designed for one handed reholstering as it is thin and doesn't have a reinforced mouth. I realize mine is still very new, but I had no trouble reholstering into the holster. The shield acts as a guide for the muzzle and your indexed finger on the side of the frame helps guide the pistol back home. retention is outstanding, it almost feels as though you are snapping into kydex.
    I wore this rig to an NRA instructor course on Saturday, where everyone there knew me, and most know I carry, as most of them carry too. It was at my local gun club. People were amazed, as I wasn't carrying that day. lol....i guess my last rig wasn't all that concealing...lol. I ended up being a walking commercial that day.
    SO kudo's to Gary and his craftsmanship. I haven't submitted pictures as many have seen this holster before, but if there is a demand, I could break out the camera.
    I will try to report again after a month or so of use, to see if I am as impressed as I am now. i never thought I would wear an IWB, (chris), but I am a MAX CON V believer.

Here Is The Link To Gary Brommeland Holsters.
    New forum members may want to visit his web site to see what all the fuss is about concerning The Amazing Brommeland Line Of Fine Holsters.
    Click Here To Visit Brommeland Leather.

Link Added By QKShooter
    Last edited by snowdoctor; March 27th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor
    (SNIP) and the "sciatic-flap" on the bottom of the holster stops the muzzle from digging into your "meat" or sciatic nerve area- and in my profession, this is important(chiropractor).
    (SNIP)
    Is that "flap" standard on all Max Con V holsters?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

glad you got a nice setup your happy with. Don't have a MaxCon personally but might have to give one a try. Pics would be great always like looking at eye candy

yes the "flap" is standard and built into the holster....gary probably has a better name for it.lol
    amax....i have never been called eye candy before....OH you mean the holster. hahahaha
    I will see what I can do....maybe wife can shoot some pics
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

los
    Photos would be great as I also carry a Kimby 3" (Ultra Carry). Thanks and CONGRATS!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds totally ideal and yeah - tho an IWB it is one of best designs as we know - plus as ever, ''what works for you''

Tho we have seen pics of the rig before - be great to have one taken of it on you with gun in place - get a good idea then of how you are wearing it.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    ....hmmm....I need a holster for my upcoming HK USP .45 ACP.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Talking

....and the hits (from Brommeland) just keep on coming!!!

Dan

Glad you like yours too snowdoctor. Mine arrived a little under a week ago and I'm now a true believer. My setup is a bit heavier (steel frame Commander) so I'm still trying to adjust to the weight sitting on my hips, but the concealment and comfort of the holser is amazing. Sitting in my car is more comfortable with this rig than my Kel-Tec P11 IWB ever was. This gun is bigger and heavier yet I can just barely feel it sitting there. Gary does amazing work, well worth any wait.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Told ya!

The Max-Con V's are the best.

The wing, flap, whatever is for keeping the smaller barreled gun's such as the 3" Ultras from flipping up when carrying as the 3" guns are known to do without it. That is the first time I have heard of the sciatic nerve theory but I guess that could also play a part in it too.

Enjoy your new set up, you will not regret buying anything from Gary. I am waiting on one for my Colt Commander to come in as a return customer.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I have 3, one each for 5" 1911, Commander 4 1/4" and 3" Ultra Carry II. The 'Sciatic Flap" if that's what you want to call it varies. The 5" is a normal shaped holster - no flap. The Commander and th e3" have a smallish flap - about one inch diameter extending aft and down from the back of the holster (Where the bottem of the pistol would be. As stated, they keep the shorter barreled guns from flipping away from the body and they CERTAINLY make the holsters more comfortable. Gary, feel free to jump in here.
    I guarantee (I'll buy you a cup of coffee if what I say is not true) you will love your Max Con V, even if you buy one sight unseen.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

i totally agree....the second cup will be on me. I am really considering ordering one for my 5" 1911. I never really considered carrying a full size 5", especially after falling in love with my ultra carry, but now I am thinking of trying it. The next problem is..I have three...a kimber tle stainless, BPtenII, and a colt series 70...I wonder if gary could make a holster to fit them all???? Gary? I assume maybe the TLE and Colt might, but now the BPten.
    If you are looking for a ccw holster and don't SERIOUSLY consider trying MAX CON V....you are short changing yourself.
    ----DOC-----

P.S. The "Flap" on the Ultra Carry II holster appears bigger but it and the Commander holster are the same size. The appearance of a larger flap is due to the UC II's slide being1 1/4" shorter. There is minimal difference in comfort and convenience between all three, regardless of gun size or weight.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Hi Guys!
    Thanks for all the kind remarks. I happy to hear that ya'll like my work.
    With regards to the "sciatic flap", it is found on all Max-Con V's EXCEPT those for Browning Hi-Powers, 5" 1911's and Beretta 92/96/s. The reason being is that those pistols are long enough to allow the slide to lay parallel to the leg/hip without digging in and causing pressure on the sciatic nerve, flipping out over the belt or just plain poking you. (BTW, the technical term for that is a "tail flange", although "sciatic flap" is kinda catchy )
    The shorter pistols are prone to all of the above problems when carried IWB in an open muzzle holster. The tail flange addresses those problems, and serves to stabilize the muzzle of the firearm and keep it from moving around.
    Thanks again, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Well the Max Con V is now chiropractic approved. LoL. can we trademark the "sciatic flap". I have it on know....wait....oh....yup it is still there....it is easy to forget...
    ----DOC-----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links